Church

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Do you attend a church?

Yes, regularly
38%
Yes, once in awhile
22%
Yes, X-mas and Easter..or big holidays
7%
No, I don't
33%

Total votes : 73

church

Postby gracenjohn » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:00 am

I think Dolly Parton got in right when she said, "Honey, God don't care which church you attend"

So many times we can't stop to look around and see the wonderful people and places that God has presented to us. For me, church is a ritual that prepares me to listen to the quietness around me. The giggles and squirminess of my daughter, the birds outside the open window, and my own quiet breath. The wonders of His love. There is no one place that makes this happen, it is a state of mind.

This comes from a guy whose daughter was 1lb 4oz and the length of a number 2 pencil at birth. Thankful doesn't begin to cover it.

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:11 am

I agree with you very much gracenjohn. Maybe I should have made the question "Do you spend time with (actually thinking and talking to) God?" Thanks for all of the responses so far guys/gals.

Joe
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby Merganser » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:29 am

I go most every Sunday and am involved in as much church work as I can. It makes my life more complete. I owe God alot in return for what he gives me!
Merganser
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:50 am

I grew up in catholic schools and a church going comunity. My dad hounds me to go to chruch all the time and this is what I told him. My church is the fields that God gave us, the marshes that God blessed us with. How much closer to God can you get then beening surrounded with everything that God created? People say that God talks to them and leads them on lifes journeys. For us as respectable hunters, this is what God wants for us. He has granted us the joy of all is creations. This is just my opinion. Maybe I am crazy
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:25 pm

I go to church a lot I went on a mission trip to a small town south of juneau and this fall I will be teaching a sundy school class with lots of thrid grade boys :help: I'm looking foward to it I figure hunt in the moring then show up to teach in my huntin waders :mrgreen: im sure the parents will love that
one. oh yah its more important to have a relationship with God then to go to chruch every sunday

gods number one in my life
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:02 pm

My church may be out at the lake and not always in a building but I'm there every week.
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
huntingwidow
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole