MTV VMA's

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

MTV VMA's

Postby gahunter » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:50 pm

Anybody watch these damn things. HW and I were wathcing and I had to get up and do anything else other than watch. I don't know when all music on MTV turned into Rap music. It just pisses me off, that the MTV awards could be the BET awards and there wouldn't really be a difference. Last time I checked, there was some great music made by other people than Diddy, Kanye West, 50 cent, and every other thug that can cuss, complain about white people, and wear thousands of dollars worth of jewelry that they don't even own. What really pisses me off though, is all the white kids that worship them. I'm sorry for ranting, but dammit I am sick of this BS. :pissed:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby tstrong » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:27 pm

Yea I hear ya. I just turn it off and listen to some Hank when I get in the mood yer in, give it try. Relax huntin season's just around the corner.
tstrong
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:34 pm

GA far as I'm concerned MTV, Mtv2 are all in same Category as BET, though I don’t watch no award junk for the already rich anyway.

BTW pm sent regarding other issues
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:11 pm

Yo, Yo, Yo...whaz up wit dat GA dawg. Don't be dissin uz homies dat have no identity and we need some rapper thug to tell uz what iz kool.

Yep, I am sick of it also. This hip-hop culture is not good. Then again our parents thought that rock and roll was the end times. I deal with teenagers on a daily basis, they don't know why they like rap. They just think that rap is cool and think if they don't like it they are not in the "IN" crowd.

Garbage. I still can't figure out how non-talent punks make millions spewing crap. It is not music anymore, it is all about thug attitude.
Snaph
hunter

Postby SL80Shooter » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:29 pm

I guess I won't have to learn how to play any rap songs on my guitar since rappers don't know how to play any musical instruments. :thumbsdown:
SL80Shooter
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:17 pm

Things sure have changed over the years.

I do not watch/listen to MTV at all, I used to a fair amount 15+ years ago. VH1 now, is what MTV used to be like. I wish there was an old type of VH1 in the current format, a bit softer, more ballads etc.. like Petty, Crow, etc.. and they used to play some blues and lighter country too years ago.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:40 pm

:withstupid:

i have never watched MTV and never will. not my thing...just not really a music person. my kids will not watch it, for awhile at least.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:02 pm

Try being in college right now. I get to see the little punks you guys are talking about every day. I know the rap followers have to be worse than those punk rock goof balls, but they aren't too far behind.

One kid walks into my class everyday with half of his boxers hanging out the back of his pants. WHY!? I don't get it. I want to tell him one day that he got a skid mark in his boxers just to see what he would say. :mrgreen:
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:15 pm

I am a huge classic rock fan, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Pink Floyd you name it but its like you guys say your parents didnt want you guys going to Grateful Dead concerts and if you look into it Rap Culture is more than just cussing. But i know what you all mean.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:05 pm

A wise person I know once said- “Rap is to music, as spray paint is to art.”

I can’t stand rap on several levels.

The lyrics are demeaning or mean nothing at all. How many words can you rhyme with “itches?”
Basically, it all sounds the same. Very few of these “artists” can actually create a unique sound.
There isn’t a band. It is a horrid synthesized mess with a semi literate person spewing hate and filth.

Unfortunately, there is some good new music out there that is being buried under this pile of rubbish. :pissed:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:16 pm

IMO, if it has no "twang" it's not worth listening to with the exception being classic rock.

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby gahunter » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:13 pm

I'm glad that I'm not alone. If it doesn't have some kind of guitar (slide, steel, electric, acoustic) then it just isn't music. I want there to be somebody playing and somebody singing, none of this synthesized crap.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby kms399 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:43 pm

what i find funny is that when they "perform" live there is like 6 guys jumping and grabbing their crotch. each one drowns out the other guys so you cant understand a word of what ever the hell they where whinning about.
country rocks. bluegrass is better
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby doane25 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:54 pm

i am in the same place all of you are in, and its getting really old.

last week while i was sitting at a stop light some wanna be thug rolled up with his rap cranked up. i just laughed and put a david allen coe cd in a cranked it up. he just stared at me and that only made me laugh harder. i don't care who ya are, thats funny right there.
doane25
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:55 pm

:toofunny: That's awesome!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:02 pm

Wanna know what drowns out rap real good...a chainsaw. I have a park with basketball and tennis courts across the street. When punks turn on the rap crap in their cars, I grab my Husky and do some tree trimmin. I must have cut the same limb ten times.
Snaph
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:10 am

doane I'm with you on that one. David Alan Coe can really make a thug think about crankin up the crap. A little Bocephus isn't a bad choice either. :mrgreen:
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:11 am

You mean there are channels besides The Outdoor Channel?? :mrgreen:

I hate to say it, but we are just getting old. It wasn't too long ago that our parents were bitching about heavy metal (in my case), disco, Elvis, etc. It's just now our turn to bitch about what kids listen to these days.

Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby take em' 77 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:51 am

ok guys i agree with most of you that the hip hop culture definitely has alot of room for improvement but how many of you that are bashing it have actually spent any real time listening to the music, know what these people are really like, and how many of you have any idea what the hip hop culture is really about? i'd be willing to bet not too many....i go to a school thats about 70% black so believe me i hear my share of rap and its really pathetic to hear some of you guys comments beause you make it so obvious that you have never spent any time listening to or learning anything about hip hop so how can you judge something you know nothing about?.....now dont get me wrong i still listen to mostly rock and country but i do listen to hip hop to and there is alot more to it than many of you are giving it credit for

p.s. they think country sucks just as bad as you think rap does
take em' 77
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:26 am

77:

I have three teens in my house. Believe me, I have heard plenty of rap and I don’t need to study filth and trash closely to understand it. Sometimes a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch, but in the case of rap, there are only a few good apples in a semi load of rotten ones.

To each his own, so if you like it, listen to it, but please don’t force it on me as you drive around. And if you come by my house, there will be no sideways hats, huge pats, strange hand gestures, crotch grabbing or disrespectful language. In other words, no rap culture allowed. The kids in our neighborhood and my kids’ friends know that the “Ghetto wanna be” stuff doesn’t fly at my crib, you know what I’m sayin’. :cool:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:51 am

Just for grins, I did a search for top selling rap cd. 50 Cent was one of the top. I searched for the lyrics. I thought I would copy them, with serious editing, and post them to prove my point, but it would take too much time to doctor an entire song. Here a few lines from one verse. Enjoy the deep meaning. Heck, let’s get together like a book club and discuss it.

The editing (***) is mine. Otherwise, I would be banned for life from this site and justifiably so.

Don't tell me you don't know that, uhh I'm the *****
Now you better watch ya girl mayn, I leave with ya ******
I ain't ??? these ****, man I'm bout my paper
If your ***** really bout it ***** I'm gon' ***** her
Backseat of my jeep, **** till I **** up her make up
Take her to the Diamond District, introduce her to Jacob
Tell her if she like me she should keep me *****
My game ***** with a ***** brain till she think she wifey

:eek: :thumbsdown:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby take em' 77 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:05 pm

rat i completely agree with you about some of the language that is in the CD's it really can get rediculous but i bet we'd all say a few curse words for the money they make to do it....also the "ghetto wanna be" crap couldnt be more with you because alot of my friends are from the real ghetto and here its very obvious whats real and whats not....i dont try to act, speak, or dress black and they accept me for that because thats who i am and i think we should accept them for who they are even if we dont understand it....just my opinion
take em' 77
hunter

Postby take em' 77 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:15 pm

and jsut to show you all rap isn't bad this is "Deat Mama" by tupac....no editing required

When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school; and scared to go home, I was a fool
with the big boys, breakin all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister
Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminice on the stress I caused, it was hell
Huggin on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary?
Heeey! I see the penitentiary, one day
And runnin from the police, that's right
Mama catch me, put a whoopin to my backside
And even as a crack fiend, mama
You always was a black queen, mama
I finally understand
for a woman it ain't easy tryin to raise a man
You always was committed
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
There's no way I can pay you back
But the plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

Now ain't nobody tell us it was fair
No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away and I didn't cry, cause my anger
wouldn't let me feel for a stranger
They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless, but all along
I was lookin for a father he was gone
I hung around with the Thugs, and even though they sold drugs
They showed a young brother love
I moved out and started really hangin
I needed money of my own so I started slangin
I ain't guilty cause, even though I sell rocks
It feels good puttin money in your mailbox
I love payin rent when the rent's due
I hope ya got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
Cause when I was low you was there for me
And never left me alone because you cared for me
And I could see you comin home after work late
You're in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate
Ya just workin with the scraps you was given
And mama made miracles every Thanksgivin
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're tryin to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

Pour out some liquor and I reminsce, cause through the drama
I can always depend on my mama
And when it seems that I'm hopeless
You say the words that can get me back in focus
When I was sick as a little kid
To keep me happy there's no limit to the things you did
And all my childhood memories
Are full of all the sweet things you did for me
And even though I act craaazy
I gotta thank the Lord that you made me
There are no words that can express how I feel
You never kept a secret, always stayed real
And I appreciate, how you raised me
And all the extra love that you gave me
I wish I could take the pain away
If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day
Everything will be alright if ya hold on
It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated
take em' 77
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:21 pm

take em,

I could care less what anyone listens to other than me or my family, but when it is blaring out of these cheap speakers and we are forced to listen to it, I have a problem. The majority of the rap culture are nothing more than the criminal element anyway. :pissed: .
Last edited by La. Hunter on Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:43 pm

take 'em,

no flame intended here but do you really think that song you posted isn't bad?

it's a song from a drug-dealing, repeat offending bastard gangsta to his drug-addicted, promiscuous welfare mama about his acceptance of her life. but it's good cause his drug money is used to pay her subsidized rent. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

it may not have any curse words but there are several messages in that song that our kids read loud and clear. it's not OK to deal drugs or live off welfare or sleep around or stay in-trouble. none of that is OK!

it's a shame, our youth is actually feeling sorry for these people and accepting their situation, rather than incouraging change.... :pissed:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole