MTV VMA's

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Postby take em' 77 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:04 pm

shrp in no way am i embracing that type of stuff as i said in my last msessage i dont i understand it or agree with it but put yourself in his shoes where every person around you was on welfare telling you that this and drug dealing is what you should be doing instead of going to work....i mean if your mother, friends, and other family member constantly told you that you should be smokin dope and collecting welfare do you really think youd be the person you are today? because i know i wouldnt be....and you cant just rap about anything you want it has to be things that the public wants to hear or it wont sell so its not like he can rap about anything he pleases....i personally just try not to judge people because i know we will all be judged one day and my personal oppinion isn't going to mean a thing :hammering:
take em' 77
hunter

Postby Willy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:24 pm

:withstupid: all though i dont see what these young kids see in it and would never listen to it myself but i do not think we should judge others no matter how much you may disagree with it
Willy
Newb

Postby gunman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:36 pm

take em' 77 wrote:shrp in no way am i embracing that type of stuff as i said in my last msessage i dont i understand it or agree with it but put yourself in his shoes where every person around you was on welfare telling you that this and drug dealing is what you should be doing instead of going to work....i mean if your mother, friends, and other family member constantly told you that you should be smokin dope and collecting welfare do you really think youd be the person you are today? because i know i wouldnt be....and you cant just rap about anything you want it has to be things that the public wants to hear or it wont sell so its not like he can rap about anything he pleases....i personally just try not to judge people because i know we will all be judged one day and my personal oppinion isn't going to mean a thing :hammering:

see 77 that’s were your wrong, your personal opinion DOES matter, if fact by NOT voicing your opinion, your contributing to this crap. by disowning it, you show a display to others, that hey, maybe its not cool to destroy communities, maybe its not cool to sell meth to little kids....maybe its not cool to mooch off the system because your "homie" friends do.... and you think that because someone else is doing it they should? no wonder our youth are so screwed in the head. There are plenty of good examples to steer people away from the drug scene, if they wanted to they could, there not forced to do drugs because mommy said so.....And just because I don't like something, DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE TO ACCEPT IT! So no I’m sorry I’m not going to except them for who they are, because if that’s the way they have to act, they don't need to be around me or my family, PERIOD. I'm sick of this mentality of, "owww I don't like his lifestyle, but I should just except him, cuz he has the right." NO! not when it bleeds off onto my family! If he wants to go in his basement and listen to this junk, go for it. But when I have to sit next to some Black homie, or some White pimp wanabe, that thinks its cool to crank up his junk noise at a stop light with a car of young kids next to him, it don't fly with me.........And I understand you don't probably do this, to this point of extreme, but buy saying...owww its ok, its just what he believes in.....you do nothing but encourage it......sorry just my opinion, and I’m not trying to force it on anyone, this topic really pushes my buttons, and its something I have been dealing with here in my little part of the world with my neighbor, who lives a half mile down the road, and I can here almost word for word the crap rap he blares out his speakers, every evening.......would you believe it if I told you, in mid sentence here, he just fired it up again....looks like I get to go bug the Police Department again...........
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:10 pm

take 'em, i am not judging these people at all. if you really think about it, i am giving them more credit than they have earned to this point just by believing they can change their situation. i don't believe you should condone this type of behavior though just because these people are "victims of society". that dog don't hunt. there are way too many programs available for people to settle for "status quo". it's a choice these folks make every single day of their lives. it's not like they don't know what's out there either. especially the ones that are on welfare, etc. trust me when i say, these people are very informed of the options available to them.

btw, i know just where they are coming from. my dad raised a family of 5 kids on ~$18,000 a year. i am not talking about through the 40's, this was the 80's. what i have today i have earned through hardwork, dedication, and perseverance. why, because i refused to settle, and still do.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:16 pm

The only time i like rap is at parties and dances...i don't want to here anything else b/c thats the only good stuff to dance too. Don't know about when you guys were in high school but thats all party music now.
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:40 pm

Wow! I am beginning to think that the Honey Hole couldn't survive without a controversy du jour!

Deep breath...

How about this: we should all just be really thankful that we are able to sit in (probably) air-conditioned buildings in front of our computers with no holes in the roof and no water in the street and argue about rap music. We are ALL so lucky! Before you type anything else, say a little prayer for the dozens, perhaps hundreds, of people who have lost their lives in the past week due to Hurricane Katrina and for the thousands and thousands more who were rendered homeless and lost almost everything they owned. Then see how much you really want to get all fired up.

You know I love you guys, I promise I mean this in the nicest way possible.

:salude:
Last edited by HuntingWife on Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:43 pm

Black, white ,blue, green....I don't care about race, it has nothing to do with it. It is the thug culture that is being sold with it. This form of music is being maketed to kids that it ok to be a thug or a gangsta, no matter what background they come from. It is making it the "cool" thing to do. I don't see any good in this. I have heard the " they are just saying what it is like in the getto" arguement before. Well rap about how to change it.
Shrp and gunman are right on.

And you are right, HW...as always...
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:55 pm

Snafu518 wrote:And you are right, HW...as always...

Words I never get tired of hearing...

Hey, could you teach Gahunter how to say that???

:getdown:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby gunman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:59 pm

LOL :laughing: HW what would we do without ya!
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Willy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:16 pm

im with you guys to a certain extent but i also agree with 77 that a child who has seen nothing but this crap is very unlikey to do much different himself....my brother is a child welfare worker and the way some of these kids were raised they didn't have a chance in hell....and you wouldn't have either....so if all they do is listen to some vulgar music i am fine with it as long as i don't have to listen to it.... also our parents said the exact same thing about rock n roll when we were young(which we also used to blair in our cars if i remember correctly) ....this generation will turn out fine....its just a new fad
Willy
Newb

Postby doane25 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:43 pm

:laughing: :laughing: what ever happened to a country boy can survive?
doane25
hunter

Postby bluebill » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:55 pm

:withstupid: redneck it up a bit :thumbsup:
bluebill
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:36 pm

Here is my opinion. I think hip hop and r&b will be on its way out. They are all getting to cocky and its all going to implode. Especially after the vma's. Its all a trend. take a took back into the past. All it is going to take is a couple of Great rock or country bands that the kids of today can relate to. Today we have a lot of good bands but no one that is apsolutly great. When this day comes most of the rap crap will be gone. Just an example. Nirvana changed music as we know it. It transitioned the 80's into the new age grunge scene. All it took was one band to inspire all. That is what we need now... This is just my opinion thought.

Thanks for reading.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:59 pm

KCduck, I hear what you are saying, and you are not wrong. But the grunge scene did not inspire drive by shootings. "My name is Kurt Cobain...I have everything I need...I am so depressed...BANG!" Thats about far as that went. Rock, metal and country music have their followings, but it is not being force fed to kids that can't find their own identity. And that is what the hip-hop people are doing to sell albums.
Snaph
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:32 am

Willy wrote: ..and the way some of these kids were raised they didn't have a chance in hell....and you wouldn't have either....

willy, this is where we'll have to disagree. like i said earlier, EVERYONE has a chance. i know from experience.

shrpshtr wrote:... my dad raised a family of 5 kids on ~$18,000 a year. i am not talking about through the 40's, this was the 80's. what i have today i have earned through hardwork, dedication, and perseverance. why, because i refused to settle, and still do.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:35 am

you can't stomp us out and Ya can't make us run and cause we're the old boys raised on a shotgun. :thumbsup: There ya go doane.

77 don't you think by marketing this music as the "norm" you are condoning the behavior these people embrace. Seriously how many times has 50 cent been shot? I'm sure you know. I know how many times George Strait has been shot. 0 a big 0! That is normal. Oh yeah he also sings good clean music. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:38 pm

You know what......probably everyone of your alls grandparents said the same stuff to your parents about the Beatles and Elvis. Knowing that I'll win tons of fans, but I gotta be true, I agree with Take Em77 about 98%. You talk about having to listen to "their" music at a stop light. Please. I don't like it either so I roll up my window. That noise offends you....well most of your hypocracies offend me.
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby gunman » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:01 pm

hvacfowler wrote: You talk about having to listen to "their" music at a stop light. Please. I don't like it either so I roll up my window. That noise offends you....well most of your hypocracies offend me.

Get a life...how can you sit there and tell me I'm a hypocrite! You don't have a dang clue who I am, or most anyone else on this board for that matter! Ok smart guy, since when did Elvis ever sing about shooting up with heroin, or about rapeing some girl, or killing a Cop.....nor did I hear the beetles put lyrics in there songs about robbing 7-11's or killing there parents, so like I said man, get a clue......
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:51 pm

First, I do have a life. A pretty fine one at that.
Second, I don't ever remember calling you a hypocrite. I was speaking in general terms of the "vibe" of the typical retort to '77's post.
Thirdly, if I even have to educate you on exactally what kind of lives Elvis and The Beatles lived and the example they set for children, then I might as well start beating my head against the wall now.
Fourthly, I do have a clue. I have a clue of the direction that this is going and I don't like it. If you think you can start talking big and make me nervous then YOU don't know who I am. Gunman, make sure that you CLEARLY diffirenciate between your anger towards rap versus your ignorance towards blacks.
Last edited by Fowlercon on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby gunman » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:10 pm

hvacfowler wrote:You know what..probably everyone of your alls grandparents said the same stuff
........... You talk about having to listen to "their" music at a stop light.
......... That noise offends you....well most of your hypocracies offend me.

re-read these three post, it sounds to me like your directing them at those who are responding to this thread! not "in general terms". And thats how I took it.

Gunman, make sure that you CLEARLY diffirenciate between your anger towards rap versus your ignorance towards blacks.
were do you get off? and were did you get that from? sorry to pop your little bubble but there are more than just Blacks cranking up there crap music around town.....

And toward the comment about my dog.......there you go running your mouth off again about something you know almost nothing about.
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:35 pm

Hey guys... you might want to take this debate to a PM. We don't need admin locking down another topic.
Snaph
hunter

Postby gunman » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:42 pm

I guess I didn't realize taking personal jabs at ones dog constitutes a civil discussion.....I’m sorry I ever engaged in conversation with him.
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:19 am

Gunman and HV--knock it off :pissed: Write civilly or take it elswhere. You both know the rules--no personal bashing. And that includes the general tone of the posts.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Fowlercon » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:30 am

I edited out my jab at your dog, but I stand by everything else. If I can't defend my point after being told to "get a life", then what am I doing here. I articulated valid arguments with what I feel is no personal bashing on my part at all. As far as it being a debate...it ain't. A debate is a discussion between 2 or more individuals willing to listen to each others side. Not a monolog. Admin2, I hope that my tone is not mis-represented as aggression....not my intention at all. In fact I challenge you to go through all my posts since I came here in 2003 to find anything other than helpful advice and perhaps some silly questions here and there. I dont post very often, just prefering to read and learn about my dog, but when I see something that speaks to me I tune up. I merely wanted to point out the hypocracy that I saw in this thread. The tone of the post that I detected was a attack on a culture, not the music. I further challenge anyone reading this to openly engage me in conversation about the matter. I love a good debate. Gunman, I challenge you to re-read everything that you and I have said to one another.......I will absolutely talk with you about this any time. The cheap shot at your pup was totally uncalled for and again I take it back. However, my respose to your thread regarding your dog in the Hunting Dog Forum stands.

Here is why I used the word hypocracy. Defending rap music on this site is alot like me posting up some Democratic/liberal/anti-Bush sediments. Total suicide. But like I said, when I see something that speaks to me I tune up. I don't give a darn about 50 cent or his music. What I do care about is his right to write what he wants to and flood his local economy with dollars. Me, I can't stand rap. I don't really like country music either. I'm a jazz guy. Fifty may be talking about drugs and relations with women, but the likes of the Beatles and Elvis and probably every other BIG band are talking AND publicly DOING it, too. Did or did not Tim McGraw get in some sort of trouble for domestic violence a couple years ago? Aren't Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson and Merle Haggard all admitted drug abusers? So you see, it's not just the black culture that has skeletons in the closet. We all do and there are always going to be people like me to make sure that the playing field stays as level as possible. This will really get your hackles up........I think that all drugs and prostitution should be legalized provided that none of aforementioned can take place within 500 yards of any school, church or federal building. I could care less about what Nelly has to say any more than I care about the hoes downtown where I live. Their life is not my life and I don't allow their life-styles to spill into mine. I CAN, WILL and DO insulate my children from these things in life that are un-avoidable. It's there guys, it's just a matter of time. So I like to tackle things head on. But you know what? All those rappers, prostitutes and drug addicts are all entitled to the same thing that we are. Equal rights, boys. What a novel concept.
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:30 am

hvacfowler wrote: tone was a attack on a culture, not the concept.

Yes it is an attack on a culture of drug dealing, gang involved trash. I'm 19 and I hate the crap. It's not a generation thing like you speak of, like your grandparents with the beatles and Elvis, it is a common sense thing. Gangs, drugs, robbing, living on wellfare are BAD. There is nothing about it that should be glorified which is what the crap these rappers spew. Oh yeah you wanted to bring race in. I hate Eminem just as much a Diddy, 50 cent, or anyone of the other pieces or crap that can't use a real name for themselves.
gsphunter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole