MTV VMA's

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Postby Fowlercon » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:59 pm

GSP, your exactally right. Gangs, drugs and robbing are bad. Welfare, when used per designed is a ray of hope for an otherwise hopeless situation for desperate people. I don't think it is a glorification versus an elightening of an ignorant general public. Alot of the ills of the lower-class would just continually be swept under the carpet, rather than being discussed and delt with if it were'nt for some of these songs bringing the issues to light. I didn't bring race in....we all did. Shall I just bury my head in the sand? Or just look the other way and pretend that it isn't there?
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:41 pm

I didn't say one thing about race, but to me it is kinda funn how race is immediately brought up every time you talk about gangs, drugs, and violence. Makes you wonder why. It's kinda like terrorism, who do you see terrorizing. It ain't blacks, it aint mexicans, it aint whites, and I could go on.

Also I think there are much better alternatives to using crappy music to bring a serious matter to light. Especially with the language used in it.

I thought about this post and came back to add this: I am not a racist, but I do believe in racial profiling. It happens to all of us. I went to a Catholic high school. We had to do community service work in some rough parts of town. Police officers actually pulled over these white kids and asked them why they were in this part of town. That is racial profiling. Oh well! It happens and it usually isn't too far off right.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:34 pm

GSP I'll get back to you in few hours after dinner via PM. I am not longer responding to this topic publicly.
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby doane25 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 pm

gsphunter wrote:
hvacfowler wrote: tone was a attack on a culture, not the concept.

Yes it is an attack on a culture of drug dealing, gang involved trash. I'm 19 and I hate the crap. It's not a generation thing like you speak of, like your grandparents with the beatles and Elvis, it is a common sense thing. Gangs, drugs, robbing, living on wellfare are BAD. There is nothing about it that should be glorified which is what the crap these rappers spew. Oh yeah you wanted to bring race in. I hate Eminem just as much a Diddy, 50 cent, or anyone of the other pieces or crap that can't use a real name for themselves.

i really like this guy...straight and to the point. i agree 110%
doane25
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole