Gas Prices???

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Postby kms399 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:01 pm

just hit 2.99 for the cheap stuff here. sure enough just after i finally get the truck i always wanted. ford f-150 triton v-8 4x4. now i am thinking of getting a little shitter for the drive to and from work. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:13 pm

Alright, when I posted my last post, it as 2.79. Then after I get of the net, a buddy of mine calls and says hey did you see the gas prices. I say yeah 2.79 sucks, he's says oh no now its 2.99. That was a matter of twenty minutes. The real crap of it is that I filled up yesterday for 2.38. That is a 60 cent jump.

Make some logic out of this too. They say they are raising it because the hurricane. I guarantee you they are not loosing that much money. They are losing some, but that 60 cents will jump my fill up price by 9 dollars. Think of how much money that is for every gas station at every intersection across the country!!!!!!

Something has to happen and soon, because they are absolutely ripping us off. When is enough going to be enough. Nothing inflates over a dollar a gallon in less than a year. That is absurd. Think about how constant prices are for everything thing else. It doesn't cost you 50 cents for a coke one day and then $2 the next. That is ridiculous to even think about.

I guess I'm done for now. :pissed:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:16 pm

gsphunter wrote:Alright, when I posted my last post, it as 2.79. Then after I get of the net, a buddy of mine calls and says hey did you see the gas prices. I say yeah 2.79 sucks, he's says oh no now its 2.99. That was a matter of twenty minutes. The real crap of it is that I filled up yesterday for 2.38. That is a 60 cent jump.

Make some logic out of this too. They say they are raising it because the hurricane. I guarantee you they are not loosing that much money. They are losing some, but that 60 cents will jump my fill up price by 9 dollars. Think of how much money that is for every gas station at every intersection across the country!!!!!!

Something has to happen and soon, because they are absolutely ripping us off. When is enough going to be enough. Nothing inflates over a dollar a gallon in less than a year. That is absurd. Think about how constant prices are for everything thing else. It doesn't cost you 50 cents for a coke one day and then $2 the next. That is ridiculous to even think about.

this is getting pretty darned ridiculous. if it hits $3 here, that'll be almost a $1.30 jump in 6 months.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:28 pm

Was 2.65 here this morning (athens, GA)..just filled up for 2.99...saw one place that said 3.39 for the cheap stuff. My roommate is from columbus, GA...his mother called and said that you can't get regular unleaded right now there...the BP down the road has signs saying no gas. The radio says if people don't rush out and top off their cars then the shortage will be fixed by the weekend..didn't say anything about prices though. I had to get gas..had to wait over 30 minutes in a mob setting in the car line.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:00 pm

We had a so-called "run" on gas here in Sparta, GA after the price went up to $2.99 for regular unleaded. Someone started spreading stories about some of the neighboring towns being out of gas and other placing limits on how much gas you could buy per customer, and everyone ran out to buy gas. Now we have no gas in Sparta. Lovely! I'm still trying not to grumble too loudly though...

:help:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:06 pm

Sorry for the double post, but the news just started talking about the looting going on in New Orleans right now, and that is something I really will get worked up about. This is horrible! A policeman on a roof in New Orleans got SHOT IN THE HEAD by a looter this afternoon (he is expected to recover). This is something I will scream about to anyone who will listen. It makes me so mad that people would kick their fellow man when they're down like this. I know that a disaster like this brings out the best in people, what with all the rescue efforts and donations, but it also brings out the very worst, basest elements of human nature. These people should be shot. Sorry, I just had to vent. Grrr...

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:14 pm

$1.09 a liter here today, but I heard a report on the news at lunchtime today saying that the price for a liter will be $1.25 by tomorrow evening, that is roughly $4.70 a gallon. Not good!!

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Cobra » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:27 pm

Went up another $0.20 today, now at $3.20. Kalamazoo is 20 miles west and it's up to $3.46 there.
Cobra
hunter

Postby Wilsona018 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:40 pm

gsphunter wrote:

agreed...its absurd....

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Last edited by Wilsona018 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilsona018
hunter

Postby Elmer Fudd » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:03 pm

Hey.. I got a great deal on a 98 2500 ram 4x4 fully loaded...
I'll leave the keys in it with a half tank of gas enough to get it outa this state and you can have it...Free..but if you dont want it...make sure its not returnable...now thats a heck of a deal(duck huntin decals in back window included)
Upside Down & Feet Twitchin...
The HeviShot way
Elmer Fudd
hunter

Postby Cobra » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:04 pm

Have a friend that runs a station. He only makes a penny or two per gallon, the price is dictated by his supplier and those above them. Unfortunate to listen to the abuse the cashiers have to take, that's a dangerous enough job as it is, and they don't make much $ doing it. Not sure if I'd lay all the blame on Bush, this problem has existed since the early '70s. Most here probablyy don't remember the long fuel lines and $2 limit on gas in '73. What a nightmare that was and we seem to be heading towards it again. Gasahol worked pretty good in my truck back then but the entire government gave up on it, it was hurting the oil industry by just the potential of it cutting into their profits.
Cobra
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:16 pm

Ours has jumped from 90centsNZ to $1.50NZ per litre in 6 months!!!!
And because alot of our food is shipped to us inflation will probably sky rocket.
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:58 am

Cobra wrote:Have a friend that runs a station. He only makes a penny or two per gallon, the price is dictated by his supplier and those above them. Unfortunate to listen to the abuse the cashiers have to take, that's a dangerous enough job as it is, and they don't make much $ doing it. Not sure if I'd lay all the blame on Bush, this problem has existed since the early '70s. Most here probablyy don't remember the long fuel lines and $2 limit on gas in '73. What a nightmare that was and we seem to be heading towards it again. Gasahol worked pretty good in my truck back then but the entire government gave up on it, it was hurting the oil industry by just the potential of it cutting into their profits.

Thanks for giving us a little perspective on who we should and shouldn't blame for this.

kiwismakebetterlovers wrote:Ours has jumped from 90centsNZ to $1.50NZ per litre in 6 months!!!! And because alot of our food is shipped to us inflation will probably sky rocket.

So do any of the Bush-conspiracy theorists think that he has anything to do with the gas prices in New Zealand???
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby hm_palmer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:31 am

Just watchin the news over in atlanta gas is over 6 bucks a gallon :eek: if it gets that high here i'll be doing all my hunting in a honda civic.
Last edited by hm_palmer on Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hm_palmer
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:07 am

It's around $2.99 a gallon here in Wichita. I wish I could pull my duck boat with a motorcycle! :help:
Captain16
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:42 am

Put some training wheels on it and weld a hitch on somewhere and you're good to go. Where there's a will there's a way.
Don't know what gas is here today. Don't really care to find out either. Lots of carpooling.

Joe
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:13 pm

Gas went from $3.20 before noon to $3.42, by the time I was coming home from work it was $2.99, at the SAME station.
Cobra
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:44 pm

This morning it was $3.29, then at about 2:00 it was $3.15 I went in wal-mart came out 30 minutes later it was $3.05 What's up with that??????????

Another thing, people are so stupid!!!! Everybody will talk about how they are gonna run out of gas, so they all freak out and go fill up everything they can, and of course if everybody goes and gets gas, they are gonna run out. I can't believe how little people use their brains and think about this stuff. Ticks me off. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby cmelik10 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:03 pm

unfortunately for me the gas prices are going to kill my hunting for the year. Last year I hunted in the realms of 50-60 days out of our season this year I will be lucky if I hit 20 with gas prices up and above 3 bucks a gallon here. Worst part is I can't even go out and train my dog anymore because every field I train on is at least a 10 min drive, and puddeling around town to the football fields and such takes even more gas. This just sucks :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: . You would think they can do something about this problem. We are looking at price gouging at its finest right now.
cmelik10
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:36 am

It has hit $1.399 a liter here in NS and people are still drivin around like it was $0.25/liter. I guess that can only mean that the price is still not too high or we have way too many rich folks around here.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Cobra » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:11 pm

About had a heart attack today, my natural gas bill arrived. Have it on a budget, they show a comparison of last month and the previous 12 months as compared to last years usage and it went way down. My new budgeted bill went up 60%, :pissed: yes sixty percent. Think it's only going to get much worse. The entire government doesn't seem to care as long as corporations are showing profits while laying off people left and right to improve their stocks and control over us.
Cobra
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:38 am

HuntingWife wrote:
So do any of the Bush-conspiracy theorists think that he has anything to do with the gas prices in New Zealand???

Pretty much. The left wing half of NZ
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:54 am

I filled a 1 IMP gallon jug of regular gas last night and it cost me $7.68. This really sucks! :pissed:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole