Lets be careful

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Lets be careful

Postby wa.duckhunter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:37 am

With hunting season starting up across the country. Lets be careful and think before we shoot. The following pictures are a little graphic so be warned.

The story goes that buddy 1 shot a deer and inlisted buddy 2 to help track and pack out the deer. When arriving at the deer they realized he wasn't finished and being the humane hunters that they were they decided to finish the deer off. It is at this point that one of them came up with the brilliant idea that buddy 2 would hold the deer while buddy 1 made the humane shot. Buddy one is either a bad shot or someone flinched.

Either way lets use this as a reminder to practice safe hunting techniques and think before we shoot of whats in the background. Their will always be game to shoot at but we can never undo a stupid mistake.

[siteimg]949[/siteimg]
[siteimg]950[/siteimg]
[siteimg]951[/siteimg]
[siteimg]952[/siteimg]
wa.duckhunter
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:52 am

Ugghhhh. I can't believe people.
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:20 pm

Wowie! Thanks for the (admittedly disturbing) reminder.

Be safe, y'all!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:46 am

This kind of reminds me of the old drivers ed movie where they show a guys arm missing (and dead) from a car wreck. Oh yes the consequences of poor judgment can be severe, and at times deadly. :eek:

This is an example of why one should ALWAYS treat a gun as loaded. Accidents can happen all too quickly.

As that ol' Sgt on Hill Street Blues used to say "Lets be careful out there today"

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:03 am

All I can say is.... :eek:

"Safety is No Accident"
(Spenard Buiders Supply's company motto)

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:12 pm

Looks like they had a good idea...
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:49 am

The only sense some folks have is the change in their pockets! Those boys need to stay out of the woods and play with nerf balls and such.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole