pintails???

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

pintails???

Postby texan68 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:44 pm

I was wondering how you guys did on pintails last season. Down here in texas, hunting port mansfield, we had more pintails coming to our decoys then any other spieces.
texan68
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:23 pm

Best year as far as numberes went. I shot them in MB when I was up there. I have never seen so many--about 30% of the ducks were pintails, the rest were Mallards which generally are 98% of the ducks I see up there.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jmike » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:26 am

Had a good year her in western Oregon, last coupl of weeks had to shoot real careful at first light ,there were plenty of pinnies ...........jmike
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby jmike » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:32 am

Had a good year her in western Oregon, last coupl of weeks had to shoot real careful at first light ,there were plenty of pinnies ...........jmike
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby TXXpress » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:27 pm

Pintails all over us before the season, then nothing within shooting range along Galveston Bay when the season opened. Gun Shy and call smart to say the least... But wouldn't you be too if you had been shot at my every Barnie from Canada to the Texas Coast? LOL
Nice Shot there Podna... You just took out three dekes. The birds are in the air!
TXXpress
Newb

Postby small Dog » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:49 pm

Did no good on Sprigs in North Texas. Went down to Port O'Connor for the yearly Gulf Coast hunt and just hammered em. Well, at least the one a day we were allowed. But sure the heck on the coast in the greatest state of all. :thumbsup:
small Dog
Newb

Postby ND_Duckslayer » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:42 pm

since we had a short season due to regs and the limit was only one daily and two in posession...i'd say it was a dang slow year...come to think of it, i didn't even see that many...
"If it flies, it dies...and if it just sits there and doesn't move, IT STILL DIES!!!"
-Phil Robertson, a.k.a. the Duck Commander
ND_Duckslayer
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:18 am

We saw at least 200% more pintails these past two years than the seasons before.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby talltimber » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:45 am

We had a few but not many. There were more the previous year and that was late in the season, just before freezeup
talltimber
hunter

Postby winchesterx2 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:29 am

:help: we hardly ever see any at west sandy bottom. There are a few taken at reelfoot lake but not many. I personally have never shot one but, would like too !
Delat waterfowl member, Father to the future of hunting and church member.
winchesterx2
hunter

Postby lonewolf » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:53 am

Hey Texan, I also hunt out of Port Mansfield and noticed that with all the rain fall and inland flooding that a lot of the puddle ducks were inland last year. But I have also noticed that a lot of pintail have been hanging out at the coast for the last three or four years. Last couple seasons when I go to the bay I know I will get my pintail and my redheads, and pray I can fill in the rest with wigeon or teal.
Here's to us and those like us, There's damn few of us left.
lonewolf
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole