Religion?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

What religion?

Catholic- A whisky and making alot of babies never sent anyone to hell
33%
Jewish- Theres nothing wrong with money either
No votes
Protestant- Whats life without pork and no fish on fridays?
49%
Muslim- Yes
No votes
Agnostic- Not sure or dont care about the existance of God/ gods
13%
Atheist- Deny existance of God
3%
Satanic- Has a tendancy to talk in an irish accent throwing burning crosses at people or watch Cher and Matt Damon movies
No votes
Other- Alternitive/ enjoys drinks like chai thai lattes with a frappacino twist and votes democrats
3%

Total votes : 39

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:29 pm

HuntingWife wrote:
gahunter wrote:Methodist (the only one so far) and go to church on a regular basis.

We're a bi-religious household! But we did have a Catholic wedding!!!

:yes:

Do you both go to the same church/mass? or do you go yer separate ways on sunday?

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:12 pm

Gooseboy wrote:
kiwismakebetterlovers wrote:Any christian religion other than catholic is protestant :salude:

hes right, i am a catholic. Catholics were the first christian religon, all others didnt agree with something so branched off and started there own religeions. And kiwi are you making fun of the religeons by sayin stuff like " A whisky and making alot of babies never sent anyone to hell?"

Well a whiskey and making alot of babies didnt send anyone to hell..did it?
:thumbsup: :salude:

Catholics were the first christian religon, all others didnt agree with something so branched off and started there own religeions.

That sounds like your making fun of protestants! :toofunny:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:45 am

God fearing gun toting Baptist :yes:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:52 am

AlaskaRedneK wrote:Do you both go to the same church/mass? or do you go yer separate ways on sunday?

-Stouff

No, we go to the same church. Sometimes we go to Catholic Church, but the closest one we like is 30 miles away, so most of the time we go to Methodist Church, which is right in town. To be honest with you, they're not radically different. But I think I will always consider myself to be a Catholic.

:thumbsup:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:16 pm

HuntingWife wrote:
AlaskaRedneK wrote:Do you both go to the same church/mass? or do you go yer separate ways on sunday?

-Stouff

No, we go to the same church. Sometimes we go to Catholic Church, but the closest one we like is 30 miles away, so most of the time we go to Methodist Church, which is right in town. To be honest with you, they're not radically different. But I think I will always consider myself to be a Catholic.

Ok, cool beans :thumbsup:
-------------

HW & Ga, have you guys seen "We were soldiers"?...

Mel Gibson and his wife (on the movie) had the same thing goin...... It was funny :toofunny:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:58 pm

Born and raised catholic was kicked out of catholic school in 2nd grade Nuns couldn’t control me; I just didn’t seem to fit there. I think God made a mistake, I should have been born Protestant.

When I made the switch Mom wouldn’t talk to me for a bout a year, and then she came a round.

I’m as Yankee as you can get and going to a Southern Baptist church, now who would of thought. I seem to fit there just fine
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Religion

Postby Buckeye Goose Talker » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:51 pm

Baptised - Born again Christian - Member of the Church of Christ - Just like Phil Robertson - Don't hunt on Sunday morning (forsaking the assembly as some are in the habit of doing - scriptural) No one can deny the existance of God watching the sun come up, seeing the birds work, feeling the crisp coolness of a fall breeze with the smell of auttum in the air - take a close look at how God put the birds together - colors, the detail of barred feathers, the beauty of a woodie - the feeling inside ya when you've had a good day afield with a full game bag, headed home to your loved ones - P.S. "He made em taste real good too!" Thank God we have a country where we can experience this wonderful priviledge - Amen !

Take a minute and read your Bible in Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

What a great promise!
Buckeye Goose Talker
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:02 pm

Born into the Catholic church, but only go to Christmas and Easter mass now. The thing I've noticed most about Catholics is as children and teenagers they attend church regularly, but when they hit their late-teens or twenties they quit going and finally start up again about the time they start a family.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby liv2hunt » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:19 pm

I attend an Assembly of God church regularly, but that is not what decribes me. I am a Christian who believes in God and Jesus as my Savior. I believe in having a personal relationship with God and recognizing Him as the one and only God.

When people put too much emphasis on "church" or "religion" they are just screwing up God's great plan.

As all of us in my wife and I's small group say, "More God and less church!"
liv2hunt
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:12 pm

Catholic - along with my 4 brothers and 5 sisters - (not kidding)
tstrong
hunter

Re: Religion

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:26 pm

Buckeye Goose Talker wrote:Baptised - Born again Christian - Member of the Church of Christ - Just like Phil Robertson - Don't hunt on Sunday morning (forsaking the assembly as some are in the habit of doing - scriptural) No one can deny the existance of God watching the sun come up, seeing the birds work, feeling the crisp coolness of a fall breeze with the smell of auttum in the air - take a close look at how God put the birds together - colors, the detail of barred feathers, the beauty of a woodie - the feeling inside ya when you've had a good day afield with a full game bag, headed home to your loved ones - P.S. "He made em taste real good too!" Thank God we have a country where we can experience this wonderful priviledge - Amen !

Take a minute and read your Bible in Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

What a great promise!

:withstupid:

Im w/ya 100% man! :thumbsup:

Ok, 'nuff 'o my preachin :salude:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby liv2hunt » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:47 am

Exactomundo Buckeye!!

:salude:
liv2hunt
hunter

Postby Bret » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:55 pm

Because of where I am from I think it is fairly obvious I grew up in a Mormon family. I am baptised in the Mormon church, but I have not seen the inside of a church for a very long time.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby akbrett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:07 pm

Trois_beaux_canards wrote:Baptised Lutheran, decided it wasn't lazy enough for my tendencies. (45 minute services were too long, so I worship outdoors!) Agnostic best describes me, but it's hard for me to deny the existence of a higher power when I see the northern Lights!

:salude: that makes two of us :salude:
akbrett
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole