Peta

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Peta

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:59 pm

we all know it but i found this on the net.

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA
PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.
PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals.
PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 3, an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC.
PETA has used their contributors’ tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.
PETA regularly targets kids as early as elementary school with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda.
PETA spends less than one percent of its $13 million budget actually caring for animals.
PETA has repeatedly attacked groups like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, for conducting animal testing to find cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases.

Petition to revoke PETA's tax-exempt status

That is a picture of Ingrid Newkirk, the head of PETA; nothing more than an extremist. Don't fall for her BS image of "saving the animals." This is the same woman who urged Yasser Arafat to spare animals in suicide bombings, but could care less about the humans that were being killed.

can someone post up that pic of Peta spelled with geese? thanks.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Re: Peta

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:03 pm

Gooseboy wrote:can someone post up that pic of Peta spelled with geese? thanks.

Im on it :thumbsup:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:35 pm

I love that pic more and more everytime i see it :salude: :salude: :salude: :salude: :salude: :salude: :salude: :salude: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:33 pm

Sure, I'll stop hunting animals, just as soon as they round up ALL the members of PETA so we can take pot-shots at them...and before you know it, we'll be able to hunt critters again!! :thumbsup:

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:03 pm

I'm part of PETA
People
Eatin'
Tasty
Animals
everyone should join :thumbsup:
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:16 am

They actually got a permit last school year to stand out in front of local Primary and Elementary schools, Joplin and Webb City Missouri area, in chicken costumes holding signs telling kids not to eat chicken and other meat products. As long as they held a "peacefull" demonstration, had the proper permits and did not stand on school property they were allowed to do this. I was WAITING for someone to do a drive by chicken shooting. Never happened. I was going to claim radio trouble and drive REALLY slow in the pursuit.
:thumbsup:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:20 pm

HuntMQ1 wrote: I was WAITING for someone to do a drive by chicken shooting. Never happened. I was going to claim radio trouble and drive REALLY slow in the pursuit.
:thumbsup:

:laughing: :toofunny: There we go! :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:10 pm

I heard something funny the other day, but first a little background. I work for O.K. Industries, Inc. who is a very large producer of chicken for both grocery stores and restaurants. Anyway, the chickens come in large cages stacked on a trailer with a semi pulling them where they're offloaded at the factory(s). A few years ago our PR dude was contacted by a PETA member who wanted to strike a deal. She (notice how 90% are she's) wanted O.K. to pack her in one of the cages at one of the chicken houses and then ride on the semi with all the other chickens to the factory where she would hop out of the cage. Of course her request was turned down, but imagine what kind of ride that would be with hundreds of crapping chickens were perched in cages over the top of her in the 100 degree August heat. These people are missing a chromosome. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:35 pm

I would have let her do it in a heartbeat, as long as she signed some liability papers. Man that woulda been great.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:17 pm

Last week PETA awarded the most handsomest Vegge around. I can't remember his name but he is a celebrity - Unknowingly to the PETA representitive the dude was wearing a tail from a Grey Wolf on his belt buckle, when he was given the award. When the reporters asked him about it he stated," Hey I don't eat them but I still want to look good". Way to go PETA.
tstrong
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:35 am

I once read a quote once from a director of some sort within peta, he said that in his mind a cockroach should have the same rights as a human being. Another director said that if he were in a boat with a handicapped child and a dog and the boat began to go down he would save the dog. These people just ain't right.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole