WHERE TO DUCK HUNT

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

WHERE TO DUCK HUNT

Postby hoytshooter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Im wanting to take a guided hunt out of state Any suggestions on were to go or the guide service.
Mallards-0
Woodies-2
Geese-0
Pintail-0
Bands-0
Green Wing Teal-0
Blue wing teal-0
shuvlers- 0
Been a slow year
hoytshooter
hunter

Postby PcolaDu » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:43 pm

depends on what ya want to shoot man honestly you kight want to put this post in the pudle duck or any duck hunting post not BIG GAME
TEAM ALLNIGHTER
"Nights are to long hunting season is to short"
PcolaDu
hunter

Postby hoytshooter » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:06 pm

PcolaDu wrote:depends on what ya want to shoot man honestly you kight want to put this post in the pudle duck or any duck hunting post not BIG GAME
mallards
Mallards-0
Woodies-2
Geese-0
Pintail-0
Bands-0
Green Wing Teal-0
Blue wing teal-0
shuvlers- 0
Been a slow year
hoytshooter
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 am

I moved this as I thought you might get better results with a broader audience base.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Planning ahead for birds that migrate can be a roll of the dice. Some years the birds are there others they are not. Luck has a lot to do with a scheduled hunt. I live close to the Mississippi flyway, so I am a bit partial to it. The boot heal of Missouri has been getting a bit of attention lately. Pinhook hunt club is right in the heart of it.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:04 pm

If you want to really enjoy it do it yourself. Do some scouting and go on public ground and follow the migration without paying someone. You will learn alot and appreciate it more than paying some rich guy to hunt.

Sure its going to be tougher but thats why its called hunting not shopping.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Check out our sponsors list. Many of them are regular guys here and would love to have you.

I tend to feel like Jrock, with a do-it-yourself mentality, but sometimes I want to be somewhere thick with birds where I don't have to shoot everyone I see to come close to a limit. I like the odds when you hunt with the Swamper for sure.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Do it up right

Postby goosegasm » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 pm

If your gonna spend money to hunt then go for the big bang thats right im talking straight up canada eh! The limit in canada is more thats where all the birds are from hunt them on there home turf and they have french fries and gravy
goosegasm
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole