INVENTIONS

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, #1wingnut, lostpup

INVENTIONS

Postby gunman » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:27 am

Alright guys I need some advise. Ya know that feeling ya get when you have brain stormed for sometime and with a little intuition and scrap stuff you make something you think no one else has? Well I got that feeln'. Actually I made two things one is just another version of a boat blind that is very simple to make and works great for ANY length boat. It would be a GREAT little kit to use but what does a guy do, and on the same note the first thing I think I thought up, heck there might be made all ready but I have never seen them in any hunting catalogs! And its something us duck hunters would buy for sure! The big question is, what do I do with it? I have looked into patenting it, but that would cost me THOUSANDS! And that’s just for the Patent! What would you recomend, and yes I know one of our sponsers offer patents to sportsmen, thats how I know how much they cost.....-Chris
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:19 am

Gman
If it is as good as you believe you can get a boilerplate non-disclosure agreement, adjust it to describe your item (might require a legal eagle). Then search out some investors for funding of the patents and prototype development. Next you can take the patented plans and prototype to manufactures and sell it in to them or find you own manufacturing and do it yourself.
Good Luck, hope you do well with it.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:28 am

Here, I have had this little site saved for a special occasion. I have been waiting for ME to have a brilliant thought so that i could use it, but somehow, i feel like that will never happen. :hammering:

So here you go.

http://www.franklinforge.com/
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby kcduckslayer » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:44 am

Get you idea pretty close to a final product. Then contact cabelas and sell it to them. I know a guy that did that. The company was called trophey tech. He did out door cameras and camcorders. He made lots and lots of money. Now I think he own a archey company and a few others now too. Should definatly look into that. As far as investor go. If you don't know very many rich people would really need to get your design, close to final design, and document everything. All you goals financial goals and business plan together for them to look at. Let me know I might be able to help you a little on the investor side.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby littleone » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:07 pm

hey tell me what it is, could use it on my boat, im needin some help on my blind. but ran out of huntin money ,all gone on new dekes.
if the first shot doesnt work shoot again !
littleone
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:46 pm

ACE- yea that’s the site I was talking about, they are one of our sponsors, but they want thousands to patent something. I like the idea about going to Cabela's, i might look into that, but unsure of who to contact. I'm pretty new to this stuff and don't want to get snowballed. I think before I present it to an investor or Cabela's, I want to try it out in actual hunting conditions first, The blind is almost finished, and the other idea is complete, I worked like mad on it to finish it, and seems to work great! But like I said, I want to put it threw some hunting abuse first.....tell me more about your friend, and his accomplishments with going to Cabela's?
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:50 pm

Hey gunman, I have an idea, that might not take you anywhere. But there are a lot of guys on this and other sites that have come up with many idea's. They sale them throught the mags or websites. One particular product would be the Sprotstand dog stand. If i remember correctly they sale them at Coonriver retrievers. I will look them up for you. They could be the actuall inventors of the stand. The only other place that i have seen them for sale is in Macks. So that is a place to look also.

You might even try to call Avery or other manufacturors. But keep your idea close to you. :mrgreen:

another site would be kwiklabs, that guy has made a lot of things for training, some patended and some not.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Return to The Honey Hole