I need HELP finding a duck hunting product.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

I need HELP finding a duck hunting product.

Postby scalduck » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:54 pm

I'm looking for a platic picture that looks like a pile of corn poured on the ground. The size of the picture is about three feet by eight feet I can't find it anywhere. HELP THANKS.
scalduck
Newb

Postby greenster » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:30 pm

I'm sorry I will not help you due to federal baiting laws unless you can convince me that you will not be using this for hunting purposes.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:49 pm

Thats a weird request :umm:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:26 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about with the pic. GHG makes ears of corn and sells them in packs of 4. I think it is the most rediculas think I have ever seen.

Also, I don't think that it would fall in line with baiting. It in itself is a decoy. Just like the ducks and calls that we use. Although i think it is hokey as hell, I don't know its leagality?

Don't waist your time or your money draging that picture out to the field with youl. :thumbsdown:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:48 pm

greenster wrote:I'm sorry I will not help you due to federal baiting laws unless you can convince me that you will not be using this for hunting purposes.

I dunno man... I doubt a big picture of corn would be considered baiting.

Im no game warden, so dont quote me on it.
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:12 pm

AlaskaRedneK wrote:
I dunno man... I doubt a big picture of corn would be considered baiting.

Im no game warden, so dont quote me on it.
-Stouff

I just did . :laughing:

Stouff, can you imagine carring a damn piece of 4x8 plywood painted up like a pile of corn out to your blind? :toofunny:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:14 pm

:toofunny:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:25 pm

Ace.... :salude:

That was slik.

But eitherway... I dont think it is considered "baiting" because it is just a picture. (no scent, or taste- heck it doesnt even have form. it is more of a sillhouet than anything else)

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby openwaterhunter » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:37 pm

It doesn't work on bears. I took a bunch of pictures of dead gutted fish and hung em in a tree near my stand. :withstupid: J/K
openwaterhunter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:34 pm

openwaterhunter wrote:It doesn't work on bears. I took a bunch of pictures of dead gutted fish and hung em in a tree near my stand. :withstupid: J/K

:hammering: Now that is funny!! :toofunny:

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby JJ McGuire » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:33 am

In PA they will nab for baiting if you are using green carpet or Astroturf.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:40 am

I know exactly what you're talking about. I saw a picture of it 8 or 9 months ago and had a good laugh.

Check into your baiting laws in your state, but here in Arkansas it would not be considered baiting.

I did find what you're looking for and I'll give you the link if you email me at greenv66@yahoo.com. Don't want to SPAM the forum.

ol' yeller
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:51 am

a hundred bucks for those things! :eek:
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:18 pm

Some states it would be some states maybe not but still, I think hunting ethics should come into play some where.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:49 pm

greenster wrote:Some states it would be some states maybe not but still, I think hunting ethics should come into play some where.

Ok, I just want to make it clear that I am not tryin to "argue" w/ you OR be a Piss Ant....

BUT, How could these silly little pictures be in the catagory of unethical? If that is the case, then a regular plasic duck decoy would be 100X more unethical.

It is JUST a picture.... maybe you can explain better to me why this to you is even in the same ballpark w/ bad hunting ethics.

(again, Im just debating the principal--absolutly nuthin 'gainst you greenster :salude: )
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:53 pm

Man I tell you what guys, I am going to be molding a plastic loaf of bread and paint it to look like the wonderbread bags. Little pokadots and everything. I am going to be running 10 dozen mallards, 2 dozen goose floaters, a dozen sleepers and duck butts, and a dozen floating breadloaf decoys (I will call them loafers)

All the park ducks will flock to my spread! :laughing:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:01 pm

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

There we go! :salude:

:laughing:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:02 pm

I really don’t have a reason why it would be Unethical, just don’t seem right to me. Reason’s why I think that because they are Very effective maybe even more effective than Mojo's...But I also am an old fashioned hunter I don’t jump shoot or hunt anywhere that there is clearly Grain, seed on open ground / water so IMO I think anything other than calling is kind of cheating and needless to say not as fun... I can’t explain why it’s more of how I was brought up Trying to keep it as fair and fun as possible. But no offence taken by any one just my opinion on things and as you know opinions are like elbows every one as a couple of them.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:10 pm

Oh, aren’t we a sanctimonious crowd. If you can fool them with a photo of food, how can that be any different than fooling them with decoys. Let me know if it works. It would be easier to paint my blind bright yellow like a pile of corn than to cut all those darn oak branches.

There is no way it could be considered baiting.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:11 pm

Ok, fair enough greenster. I see the background yer comin from, and I respect that. :thumbsup:

Still, I dont have a problem w/ the posters, I wouldnt spend the money on one though.

To each his own,
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:17 pm

In pennslyvannia the little plastic corn cobs and the indoor outdoor carpet and also those pictures would be considered baiting
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:20 pm

Ethics, ethics, ethics, just when you think you have a new angle on them birds somebody throws the E word at you.

Around here that’s nothing more than a picture of the tried and true, Agway goose/duck call you don’t buy it by the sq ft, but in the 80 lb bag. J/K, really, juuust kidding

For those who bait, hangings is to good for them, again, J/K

Personally I hate to hear of baiting, to me that’s just flat out lazy, and you’re not a hunter to me. I’m not kidding about that.

I don't call that pic baiting, just funny

ARN, you've got to admit the old boys got principles; he stands for what he believes in
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby greenster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:14 pm

Alright guys here it is the Federal Baiting laws guide book: and it says
"Although you can hunt waterfowl over natural vegetation that has been manipulated, you can not hunt waterfowl over any manipulations of agriculture products that occur before harvest or removal of grain"
I’m going to let you guy's look at this one and decide on it.

Here’s the URL to the guide book, its in PDF format, bottom of page 28 last paragraph is where you’ll find it.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby texan68 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:46 pm

I saw em on macs website the other day....I believe they are Avery. I figured if the geese/ducks are close enough to see corn, then they are close enough to shoot.
texan68
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:16 pm

what might be happening here is that people will put out piles of actual food to attract ducks...then, to be legal, will stop placing the real food a few days before they hunt and instead use the fake stuff in its place.

the birds are used to seeing the food there..so when they see the "decoy" they come sailing in for dinner.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole