I need HELP finding a duck hunting product.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:05 pm

Swamp Puppy wrote:what might be happening here is that people will put out piles of actual food to attract ducks...then, to be legal, will stop placing the real food a few days before they hunt and instead use the fake stuff in its place.

the birds are used to seeing the food there..so when they see the "decoy" they come sailing in for dinner.

:withstupid: That seems to be the only explanation that makes sense. So it is baiting, then, or is it a decoy?
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:43 pm

HW, it is a Decoy. Because it is not an agricultural product, nor does it have any properties that would attract wildlife using taste, smell, or feel as a medium. Thus it is a Decoy.... only visually attracting wildlife. :thumbsup:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:45 am

It is a decoy, but like swamp pointed out, the intended use is somewhat illegal.

People bait for a while, then when they hunt they replace the bait with the picture of bait. I don't know why people don't just learn how to call and throw some blocks out!
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:16 am

:withstupid: I don't understand why someone would want to use that. To me it gives the impression that you want to bait your field, but can't, so you use the next best thing.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:41 am

Remember if you do bait a field and decide to use the picture you have to wait 10 days after the last piece of bait has been removed from that area.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole