Duck Commander?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Duck Commander?

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:46 pm

Hey guys, I was watching a tivo'd episode of Final Approach last night with the Duck Commander. They were in Louisianna hunting. This got me thinking about the fact that he lives down there. Wonder if he was affected by the storm and is O.K. I don't think him and his merry men would have problems surviving anything. Just curiouse.

Also, what is this storm going to do to the ducks that winter there, and will be heading there in late Dec?

If this toxic waiste of flood water is still there, will it kill the ducks?

Did it take out a lot of local ducks or did they know what was comming and high tail it north?

Just somethings that i have been thinking about today.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby greenster » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:27 pm

Well ace from what I have been hearing last few years the duck have not been getting that far hell they are not even hardly getting here due to the pot hole region and large northern lake not freezing over they not required to come this far south to meet there needs, Shot stopping if you must, but if all go well and freezes over ill do my part and relive those ducking going south there future worries of N.O :umm: but I think the water should be gone by then, if not I don’t know if they would be in the town it self where the contaminated water is and id they did I'm sure It would have effect on them
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:23 pm

Ya, greenster. I understand it is getting tougher down there. Last week, I was talking to the maker of the Cut Down Game calls, Marcus Keith. He was out here selling calls to the local stores. He stopped by our monday night skeet league with a friend.

He was saying that he can't even sell calls down there to anyone, because they are so mad about the lack of ducks. He painted a pretty bleak picture of the southern part of the miss flyway.

Hope it gets good for you this year.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Who is that guy anyway? Is he just some duck hunter on videos or what, ive heard alot about him.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:27 pm

Gooseboy wrote:Who is that guy anyway? Is he just some duck hunter on videos or what, ive heard alot about him.

????

gooseboy, you make me wonder sometimes????

CLICK ON PHIL

http://216.69.159.91/duckmen/index.html

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:45 pm

Ill bet he makes a killin off of killin them ducks! :eek:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:00 pm

ACEBLDRS wrote:
Gooseboy wrote:Who is that guy anyway? Is he just some duck hunter on videos or what, ive heard alot about him.

????

gooseboy, you make me wonder sometimes????

CLICK ON PHIL

http://216.69.159.91/duckmen/index.html

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I know he owns a duck call business he just looks a little loony to me.

(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:13 pm

Big bushy beard, war paint Stouff are you the duck commander? :toofunny:

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:57 pm

Nope :yes:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:41 pm

I thought for sure it was.

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:24 pm

He is a little loony, but he is a hell of a duck hunter. He just proposes some stupid stuff. Be careful of what you listen to him on.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:53 pm

:withstupid: I've met him before and he is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and he's a duck killin machine.............but, when it comes to some of his "ideas" I can't say I agree with him. :thumbsdown:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:20 pm

quackkiller wrote::withstupid: I've met him before and he is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and he's a duck killin machine.............but, when it comes to some of his "ideas" I can't say I agree with him. :thumbsdown:

I guess I'll ask while we're on the topic...

What kind of ideas that y'all dont agree w/? I just never heard any of them.

Thanks,
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:02 pm

Boy I think I could set off a bomb with a comment thats floating around in my head about the Commander.......I've chimmed in on enough stuff lately, and besides, I realy don't like getting those fun pm's from admin2 :umm: :toofunny: SO i'll just stay out of this one......
Last edited by gunman on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:14 pm

gunman, just PM me... Im really interested now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:16 pm

don't tempt me there stouff ol buddy.... its realy not beef about him more like....the type of hunter everyone thinks he is.......arrgggg i've already said to much! :hammering:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:25 pm

Hey, Im willin to listen..... if you feel like it, I'd love to read what you think

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:25 pm

Opening refuges to hunting is one I adamantly disagree with. THen there is his plan to pen raise 1000s of mallards to release in Lousiana. I know there were a couple others that I am forgetting. Got to here him speak and I never laughed so hard in my life.

The one idea of his I do agree with was his whack a possum, whack a skunk program in the prairie pothole region.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:01 am

Gooseboy wrote: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I know he owns a duck call business he just looks a little loony to me.

Getting up at two or three in the morning to go sit in a boat or swamp in freezing rain and sub-zero weather is loony..........but we all still do it. I've never met another duck hunter who wasn't at least a little insane.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:37 am

I read somewhere he and his family were up north and are OK.

Everyone has different opinions on wildlife habitat etc. The guy is a huge duck supporter. He spends a lot of time teaching people about ducks, and has a good wealth of knowledge. I don't know if I agree with everything he says, but he sounds like a hell of a guy to me. Lets face it, if we don't do something we won't have ducks for our kids. At least he is spending $$ and time trying something. Can everyone here who knocks him say the same?????
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:24 am

A buddy of mine got a call from one of his sons about joining that club of his about a a week or two after the big storm. They weren't affected by it at all. I know this may sound like I'm full of it but it's the honest to God truth.
My buddy said he was one heck of a guy. They sat and talked duck hunting for half an hour and said by the end he was invited down for a hunt with them this year.
I personally was unimpressed with the one duck commander video I saw. It was nothing more than a butt load of killing ducks, which is what most of them are, but usually theres some tips or something extra thrown in. I guess if all ya wanna see is ducks gettin blasted then more power to you.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:21 pm

chrispbrown, if you have watched enough duck hunting on tv or dvd, you will see a big difference in what he does. I have talked to a guy who is shooting his own video, and he agree's with me. When you watch one of DC's vids, The ducks are way closer looking than anyones. It is hard to make the ducks look close on video, it looks like they are all making 60yrd shots. On duck commanders, you can see the eyes of the ducks, that means he is workin em.

I don't worship the guy like a lot of people do, but i don't dislike him either. Rarely have i learned anything from a hunting show. Most of them are just trying to sell us something. DC sells browning and featherlite dekes, and his own calls of course.

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby whitefeather » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:11 pm

heck you might as well throw in Eli Haydel and the boys in this conversation. They are some cajun duck huntin' legends. Let us hope and pray that the suffering ends sometime soon.
whitefeather
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:02 am

I don't disagree with you that they do look a lot closer, but I just don't care for the way the videos are done. To tell the truth I couldn't tell you what it is I don't like, I just don't like em.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:59 am

I've actually met the man at a fundraiser here in town at War-Eagle boats. D.U, War-eagle, Haydels calls, Rnt calls, and Phil himself where here to raise money for local swamp to extend it by 2,000 Aces of flooded cypress. only got to talk to the man for a brief time for he was busy but he was a real nice man, signed one of my duck commander calls and gave me a shirt, them nice ones that just came out in Mack PW the duck killer shirt, but I have on over all respect for him such as his dedication and love for the sport that so many of us have. He's just al little more well off than most of us but he gives back as much more than he take's rather it's to the youth of America or well spent money to the Delta waterfowl and ducks unlimited.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Next

Return to The Honey Hole