Duck Commander?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Postby firebird » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:56 am

Wether you like him or not we can all agree that God willing Phil and the crew are safe and ready to cut em all. We also need to realize and respect that he does some things extremely well-and like everybody on this site, he has some ideas that don't sit well with our opinions. My wife watched one of their vid's with me and was deeply offended by his attitudes concerning women and his respect toward waterfowl. She does better with Ducks Un. TV and I am glad she still watches and goes hunting with me. I buy the video's 'cause I like to see the different places and birds and how they hunt them and the DC provides me those things, I usually fast forward the parts where he Phil-osophizes and keep with the action. The greenhead hunter's vid will be my last one though. The title is mis-leading based on the numbers of hens they kill. Seriously, if you get them so close you get their eyes on film and have private property to hunt with plenty of ducks for you and six friends, maybe you don't need the hens to fill your limit....
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby Woodie1 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:46 pm

i do agree with the shooting hens part if you are going to support something like Delta Waterfowl that pushes volentary restraint why would you go and shoot a hen on camera that's what really bugs me
Woodie1
hunter

Postby gunman » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:18 am

ahhhh now your starting to get to the stuff that I was talking about earlier......
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:37 am

gunman wrote:ahhhh now your starting to get to the stuff that I was talking about earlier......

Yup, now I see.

Thanks fer sharin everybody :smile:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Cephous » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:30 am

Not sure how bad he was affected. He lives in Monroe (west of Vicksburg, MS) and not down on the coast.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby Park Duck » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:15 am

You fellas need to realize that folks in La do it different. And yes I'm form La born and raised. If there is a limit on something you haven't had a good day unless you fill the limit. Phil thinks that if you have a limit set by the gov than it's set. What's "wrong" with shooting hens, the law says you can? I hunt public land and I shoot what comes round. And yes I kill plenty of mallards drakes and hens so what. Do ya'll pass on pintail, teal, gads widg or the can hen, HELL NO. Folks need to get off their high horse bout shooting hens and "off ducks". WTH!!!! Nothing pisses me off more than some fool calling any duck but a mallard an off duck. I'll take a "REAL" limit of ducks(6) than just four mallards. STUPID PARK DUCKS
Park Duck
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:24 pm

Coonass is partially right about some of the folks in Louisiana. Many believe if the gubment says you can kill six, sex doesn't matter. Fortunately, there are many that hunt like I do and look down upon those that kill hens while duck hunting and does while deer hunting. In regards to deer hunting, I have argued 'till I was blue in the face with people about doe shooting. Most refuse to comprehend that if you kill one doe this year then you are usually killing the same as three for next years numbers. A handfull of bucks can breed a large number of does and keep the population in check. Our club has proven that if you don't shoot the does and only shoot mature bucks that you can keep an excellent herd of deer and also have "trophy" bucks. Only when the herd has become overpopulated should you start thinning out some of the does. In my opinion, this applies to duck hunting also.

As far as the Duck Commander, he is in the same town that I am in and not affected by the weather from Katrina. I doubt we received a quarter of an inch of rain from this storm. The problem we have had around here this summer is not enough rain. I have several blinds that are sitting on dry ground now because some of the swamps have been drying up. I have been praying for some major rainfall in my area. :help:
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Park Duck » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:31 pm

Sorry I should have said some folks. :mrgreen:
Park Duck
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:07 pm

coonass wrote:Sorry I should have said some folks. :mrgreen:

I understand, sometimes I worry that I am one of the few that thinks the way I do. :thumbsup:
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Park Duck » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:27 am

Don't worry bout it with a state like La and the huntin/fishin it's only normal to get upset when you don't limit.
Park Duck
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole