Golden kernals...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Golden kernals...

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:22 pm

So what do you think a couple of ears of corn are worth? http://cgi.ebay.com/CARRY-LITE-PAPER-MA ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-LATHE-TURNED-WO ... dZViewItem

So you see, we think us new fangled hunters are always coming up with new ways the slay the birds. Interesting how we reinvent things every 30 to 60 years or so to try to fool them... :yes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GOOSE-DUCK-HUNTING- ... dZViewItem

Last year there were paper type (like cereal box cardboard) fake corn available too.

I wish I had a couple of bushel baskets worth of those first 2 cobs though... :yes:
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Park Duck » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:24 pm

So true. I still haven't bought a spinner and don't need one either. Would the ears of corn really work?
Park Duck
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:25 pm

what a joke...just goes to show you, if you present a pile of crap the right way, someone will pay you for it! And big bucks to boot!
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:43 pm

Chris, you may want to be a bit less of a closed mind and be open to ideas. "nothing will keep a man in everlasting ignorance as the principle of contempt prior to investigation" to paraphrase H. Spencer.

Yes they work, how well varies of course. The bottom line is it is just another tool to give the hunters an edge.

Personally I think motion in the decoys is far more effective though.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:12 pm

Yep seen em before, i guess they would help a little but its not vital or anything. H20FWLER i heard we are not allowed to post up Ebay auctions.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby gunman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:21 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Chris, you may want to be a bit less of a closed mind and be open to ideas. "nothing will keep a man in everlasting ignorance as the principle of contempt prior to investigation" to paraphrase H. Spencer.
Yes they work, how well varies of course. The bottom line is it is just another tool to give the hunters an edge.

Oops, h20 I think you might have misunderstood, I wasn't doubting that they work, man I’m sure they work to there full potential, Its the fact someone is willing to pay over $50 bucks for those that I can't believe! So I’m sure they help to some degree, but I can't see shelling out that kind of dough for those. But hey, obviously they’re worth it to someone, just not me! :thumbsup:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole