Taken Dream Ducks

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Taken Dream Ducks

Postby Benelli Slinger » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:23 pm

was just wondering how many out there have killed some rare or prized ducks, im fairly new to duck hunting so i have a long list of ducks to kill but heres some of the rare/odd or whatever ducks ive killed

4 drake woodies
1 speck
1 banded canada
1 drake redhead
and many mallards, teal, gadwall, wigeon, and other lesser ducks

i still need to get my hands on a drake penny, a drake canvasback, a nice drake black duck, a banded greenhead and lots more.

a pic from 2 days ago

Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby Penguine » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:12 pm

Nice duck. I ever get one of those and it goes to the wall.
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:53 pm

:withstupid:

I think those are one of the best lookin ducks!

I wish we had them up here too.

Great job :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby UT Greenhead » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:21 pm

Stouff,

You can come down here to redneck country (TN) and kill plenty. Heck, we take turns kill'n em during duck season. They're some of da best eating there is. If you're ever in da lower part of da lower 48 let me know, I'd enjoy watch'n you shoot at em. :toofunny:
“You can agree with me or you can be wrong!”
UT Greenhead
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:36 pm

UT Greenhead wrote: If you're ever in da lower part of da lower 48 let me know, I'd enjoy watch'n you shoot at em. :toofunny:

Thanks...... :hammering:

LOL! I will, believe me... I will be PMing every member in the state if I go anywhere during yer alls duck seasons :salude: :mrgreen:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby texan68 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:07 pm

I could go for a nice canvasback, I believe I have shot the rest of em. We get most all species in good numbers down here,
texan68
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:05 pm

cool guys, woodies are really common in early season on the sloughs around here.
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby Fishstick » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:29 pm

Ya we got tons of woodies around here too, my two first ducks where woddies and I also got another one today.

Fishstick
hunter

Postby brdprey » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:23 pm

:thumbsdown: that is definately one thing i miss about minnesota.......the wood ducks...........very nice lookin bird. good job.
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:49 pm

yep the woodies are on almost every pond near my house, lots of forest around here. We shoot so many, there like teal, you don't mind if you shoot one or two but usually hold out for others.....
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby openwaterhunter » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:13 am

yeah they are pretty but like UT said they are everywhere. They are enjoyed on a slow day. They are by far my favorite fowl to eat.
openwaterhunter
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:44 am

2 Wood duck bands
First pintail had a band
Double banded greenhead
Banded green head
Banded mallard hen
Banded widgeon my second widge taken had a band

Killed a mixed duck: look like cross between mallard and a gadwall but not sure.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby firebird » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:39 pm

My dreams these days are in the ocean shooting eiders, scoters and the other saltwater trophies. I've taken most of the rest in prime condition but among my favorites was a pintail/mallard hybrid I killed awhile back. That was an exciting day. I'm jealous of the wood duck though. I've killed several but never a full color bull like that!
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:57 pm

Dream ducks are definitly #1 a Harlequin hands down, would love to go shoot all 3 drake scoters and a nice eider shoot on the sea, shot 2 scoters in 12 seasons but we never ever get them around here very rare, and also a oldsquaw, which I am headed to Canada in 2 weeks so hopefully I can bag me a nice drake for the wall!Even made 3 olds drake dekes for the trip :thumbsup:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:20 pm

muhahhahaa, tonights freezing rain hunt

3 drakes and a hen, too bad those other 2 drakes wernt as beautiful as the first
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole