Am I LUCKY or WHAT???

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Am I LUCKY or WHAT???

Postby Tack in NJ » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:51 pm

Been getting ready for our opening day for a few weeks and was having problems with my motor. Finally found the part I need for the old 4hp chrysler and asked the wife to pick it up for me.

So she goes to get it and comes home and says the part is in the back of her jeep. I go out to get it and what do I find????? A new 6 horse just begging to be put on the sneakbox!!!!! Now I ask Have I got it made or What???
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby openwaterhunter » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:53 pm

lucky man alright :salude:
openwaterhunter
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:55 pm

Sounds like a winner, and the motor sounds good too. :toofunny:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby gunman » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:59 pm

I told my other half not to ever buy anything that is of any large $$$ amount, my luck she would do the same thing but buy the wrong one......I'm just to fearfull she would spend all that cash and it be the wrong one......but it sounds like she made a good choice! congrats! :thumbsup:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:02 am

I'm still searching for one of those. I've got a buddy that is absolutely ate up with the bug and his wife lets him buy whatever he wants. I told him he is one lucky S.O.B!
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:04 am

chrispbrown27 wrote:I'm still searching for one of those. I've got a buddy that is absolutely ate up with the bug and his wife lets him buy whatever he wants. I told him he is one lucky S.O.B!

Yeah... but she probably buys what ever she wants too.... That would not be the lucky part of that picture :toofunny:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:06 am

Tack
Sounds like she has you all set for the opener, hope it is a good one for you.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:39 am

Nothing like a big surprise like that, and just think, Christmas is right around the corner too. :mrgreen:
gsphunter
hunter

Re: Am I LUCKY or WHAT???

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:53 am

Tack in NJ wrote:... Now I ask Have I got it made or What???

without a doubt...my wife does similar things. this is the last thing she brought home for me!

[siteimg]1139[/siteimg]

love is grand... :thumbsup: congrats on the new motor...let's see some picks of the sneak rig now.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:56 am

gunman wrote:I told my other half not to ever buy anything that is of any large $$$ amount, my luck she would do the same thing but buy the wrong one......I'm just to fearfull she would spend all that cash and it be the wrong one......but it sounds like she made a good choice! congrats! :thumbsup:

Come on, man, it's the thought that counts! Besides, that's what receipts are for! Be careful, or else she may stop buying things for you altogether!

:yes: :salude:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:13 pm

:withstupid: Don't ever look a gift horse in the mouth or reach in to find out what else is there cause it will bite you! :smile:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:19 pm

LOL Greg thats funny....
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:27 pm

Made in the shade! Congrats :thumbsup:
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Penguine » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:29 pm

Lucky? Sounds like she just put something in the bank. You might want to find out what she bought for herself or has planned for herself...

"Wow honey, thanks for the new motor!"
"No problem dear. Oh, by the way, I'm taking a week cruise with the girls to the Bahama's."

:toofunny:
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby QuackWacker08 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:25 pm

AlaskaRedneK wrote:
chrispbrown27 wrote:I'm still searching for one of those. I've got a buddy that is absolutely ate up with the bug and his wife lets him buy whatever he wants. I told him he is one lucky S.O.B!

Yeah... but she probably buys what ever she wants too.... That would not be the lucky part of that picture :toofunny:

-Stouff

Thats exactly how one of my hunting buddies wife is.... She told him when they got married...

"I know you love hunting very much.....you can spend $50,000 a year on it, I dont care. But I get $50,000 a year for shopping too!"
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:55 am

QuackWacker08 wrote:
Thats exactly how one of my hunting buddies wife is.... She told him when they got married...

"I know you love hunting very much.....you can spend $50,000 a year on it, I dont care. But I get $50,000 a year for shopping too!"

i don't really see a problem with this. as long as my family's financial obligations are met (bills, savings, investments, etc.) then why not? if you can't afford both of you spending that much, scale down your wants. trust me, you do not want a resentful wife at home while your off having a good time. it don't work like that fellas. keep in mind, i truly believe i hunt/fish as much as i want and get whatever i want because my wife is as, if not more, spoiled than i am. i like it that way though... :smile:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole