Help My Daughter With her science project?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Should Dihydrigen monoxide (DHMO) be banned in the US?

Ban it
45%
Dont ban it
55%

Total votes : 29

Help My Daughter With her science project?

Postby 10 ga. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:23 pm

My daughter is doing a science project on dyhydrogen monoxide. She wants to know what the public opinion of this chemical is. This corrosive chemical leads to tens of thousands of deaths a year. If you inhale this chemical it will kill you, and its vapor form will burn you, its the main ingredient in acid rain, causes corrosion and leads to erosion. The question is should we ban this chemical in the USA?
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby QuackWacker08 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:27 pm

Yeh.....its called water......

Di means 2...hydrogen....So weve got 2 hydrogen...

Mono means 1...then oxide is oxygen...so weve got 1 oxygen...

Which brings us too H20!!!
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby 10 ga. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:30 pm

hey its a project 4 my daughter man
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby QuackWacker08 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:31 pm

I know, that wasnt hostile at all....Im just sayin, if she turns it in like I said, shell get a 100 and extra points...
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:43 pm

I get it, in its vapor form it's steam so it will burn you, and if you inhale it you will drown! The stuff has got to go! What about when it's a solid? It keeps my beer cold! Save Di-hydrogen monoxide! I say we keep it! :salude:
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:45 pm

BAN! Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known effects of Dihydrogen Monoxide are death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities. Also becides what 10 ga. said, its suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect, contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits, and much more.....Just for her info, roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxid......tell her good luck. -Chris :thumbsup:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:53 pm

What I really don't understand is, that less than a thimbleful is lethal to humans, yet the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene)...........
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby 10 ga. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:56 pm

nice research
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:10 pm

Keep it :mrgreen:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:23 pm

I am so disappointed in myself! I almost fell for this!

:eek: :laughing:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:45 pm

the boost to the economy simply from the increased sales of personal hygene products alone is worth getting rid of the nasty stuff. imagine if the world demand on deodorant suddenly quadrupled because people no longer showered.

ban it.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby QuackWacker08 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:05 pm

Swamp Puppy wrote:the boost to the economy simply from the increased sales of personal hygene products alone is worth getting rid of the nasty stuff. imagine if the world demand on deodorant suddenly quadrupled because people no longer showered.

ban it.

LMAO!!! :laughing: :laughing:
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:52 pm

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE GUYS!

I am going to have a hard time getting my decoys to float with out Di-hydrogen monoxide! I think we need to compromise and make the stuff legal durring duck season!
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:36 pm

WIDGEONATOR wrote:HEY, WAIT A MINUTE GUYS!

I am going to have a hard time getting my decoys to float with out Di-hydrogen monoxide! I think we need to compromise and make the stuff legal durring duck season!

Just drill holes in the bottoms, shove sticks in 'em and turn them into field decoys! :thumbsup:
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:07 pm

WIDGEONATOR wrote:HEY, WAIT A MINUTE GUYS!

Yeah, They wouldnt be Di-Hydrogen Monixide-fowl w/o it :laughing:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:08 pm

that's the naturally occuring stuff...can't do much about that. but we can keep it from being sold in little bottles and from being piped into people's houses.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:51 am

In the United States, excessive exposure to Dihydrogen Monoxide is the second leading cause of unintentional death from injury for persons ages five (5) through forty-four (44).
[Source: Injury Fact Book]

Dihydrogen Monoxide exposure is the leading cause of unintentional death from injury for those fourteen (14) years of age and under.

There are over seven thousand (7,000) deaths nationally each year that are directly attributable to Dihydrogen Monoxide. [Source: National Safety Council]
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:53 am

I absolutely hope your daughter goes through with this report. I predict every person, including the teacher, will want it banned. Our kids (I have three in school) are so indoctrinated to this enviro-activist stuff that it is a constant battle to keep them balanced. I would love to see the faces when she takes the poll and tells them they just voted to ban water from the USA. The real lesson is how junk science can be used to push an agenda such as global warming, anti capitalism, national healthcare and others. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:39 am

Rat Creek is right on. :thumbsup:

Hey QuackWacker, I think the point of the poll and the experiment was to see how many people would vote to ban it without knowing what it was. :umm:

By the way, I think Global Cooling is begining to happen here in MO. It's getting down into the upper 40's at night. We better figure out why? It's probably got something to do with pollution. It couldn't be fall or anything.:mrgreen:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby WIUPgamer » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:34 am

Ya, well only a moron would vote for, or against something without investigating it. But then again we do live in the United Moron States of America, where, it seems, people only think with the TV on.

I say no ban, Just give it to me pure. And don't be taking it out of Lake Superior to ship overseas. Let them get their own Dihydrogen monoxide. Most of both of the polar caps are heavily contaminated with the stuff so they can get some there.

Just my 2 cents.
WIUPgamer
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:35 am

wow, its a pretty close race! LOL
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Postby WIUPgamer » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:15 pm

Hey gsphunter, although you are correct there is an area of wide spread cooling, it is not global. Many have made this mistake before. After considerable research it has been determined it is instead, a hemispheric cooling trend, centered in the northern hemisphere of the planet. I am afraid that all signs point to the inevitable occurrence of a Micro Ice Age across North America, Europe, and Northern Asia in the coming months. Although it is true that Micro Ice Ages are consistently cyclical in nature, there will undoubtedly be catastrophic consequences for those living in the northern hemisphere of Earth for many months to come due to the approaching one.

Immediate action is necessary to ensure the survival of you and your loved ones during the coming atmospheric events which always accompany a Micro Ice Age. Widespread stock piling of canned and preserved foods, toilet paper, Dihydrogen monoxide, and other essential items will undoubtedly occur over the next few months in anticipation of the upcoming events. Get your house and vehicles ready to withstand the punishing environmental effects a Micro Ice Age. Unlike the Macro Ice Age that is believed to have killed off the Dinosaurs, it is much easier to survive a Micro Ice Age if you are properly prepared. So get out there and get ready before it is too late.

“If there is a Micro Ice Age coming why haven’t I heard about it?” you ask! Quite simple. The governments of the world have suppressed the media outlets in an effort to minimize panic. They are only allowing small amounts of information to be ”leaked” out to slowly mobilize the general public. You might have seen the recent stories on the major TV networks concerning the increased cost of heating a home this year as compared to last year. There have also been many commercials lately on all the networks, sponsored by automotive retailers and repair facilities urging you to prepare your vehicles for colder weather. Businesses of all types are participating in this coordinated effort to prepare you for the upcoming Micro Ice Age. Burlington Coat Factory, Target, Sears, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Bryant Furnaces, etc. , etc. , on and on. They are all warning of the impending Micro Ice Age. Are You Ready!

If not, then the time is now. Do what you must to ensure your family survives the coming Micro Ice Age. There is no time to waste!!
WIUPgamer
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:31 pm

I am betting that a micro Ice Age is another name for winter? You know some astromomers say that there is a wobble in the Earths rotation. Every so many thousands of years the earth leans away from the sun creating an Ice age. According to their predictions the next Ice age is comming up! So I say this is the reason why we need to drive V8's and burn fossile fuels to create the global warming need to offset the comming of the ice age! The hippies got it all wrong! :salude:
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:20 pm

ban.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Snaph » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:53 pm

Gooseboy wrote:ban.

You can lead a horse to Di-hydrogen monoxide, but you can't make him drink.

:hammering:
Snaph
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole