Four Rivers Scouting

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Four Rivers Scouting

Postby Webfoot12 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:21 pm

Well for those of you who care, I went out to Four Rivers this weekend. I was mainly checking to see if the water had held since teal season, in unit 4. Suprisingly, there looked to be plenty of water. I just glassed from a high hill, but I did not see too many ducks in unit 4.

I did see a ton of ducks on the refuge near pool 11 and 12. Massive flocks of smaller birds, what I assume are teal. I did not see any larger ducks or mallards. I think only one mallard was shot last year on opening day.

The boat lanes are full of water in the draw areas, but thats about it.

I'm getting the itch...
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:31 pm

I hear ya Webfoot. I'm getting the itch big time. I'm supposed to be bowhunting up north this weekend, but my dad said he was up at the farm we hunt last weekend and saw some birds using the farmers water shed, so it may turn into a duck hunt real quick.

Saw a bunch of birds along the Mississippi tonight north or St. Louis. I was down there working on my boat blind and they were using the flooded corn that the clubs have.

It's only 4 days away for the north zone.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:36 pm

Ohhhh I'm READY! I went out to my place this weekend and saw more ducks flying around out there than I ever have before this early. As a few more geese than normal also. So hopefully I will get to lay into a few of them this weekend!
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Internet Scouter » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:58 pm

Thanks for the information! You just shared it with thousands of people on the internet.....Hope you really like having a crowd hunting with ya!
Scouting reports by internet.....
Internet Scouter
Newb

Postby gsphunter » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:39 am

Internet Scouter, you have 3 posts to your name. 2 of them are bashing Webfoot for his contributions to this site.

I would suggest cooling it. :umm:

I do appreciate your suggestion on the boating license thread, but if Webfoot wants to give people good info., it's up to him.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting