St Charles Duck Clubs

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Re: St Charles Duck Clubs

Postby kdog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:25 pm

They have a lot more ground than you think they do ..cuivre butts up to oro north, almost to schnucks off dalbow ,south to firma 2500 -3000 acres
prairie marsh is 1/30 th of their property
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Just wondering where is this cuivre?? its a privare club im guessing...?? Dont know much about the east side/stl area I know cuivre retrievers is north of stl so is it around there
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby kdog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Yes private club for the wealthy ...3 sticks is a member (if that tells you anything ) ,banker owners etc
Been around since the late 1800's ...complete with natural buffalo wallows ...18 room house ..each member has there own private room

saint peters/st chuck area north on 79

kdog
hunter

Postby greenheadsmoker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Big time money guys over there seems like they hunt about 3 days a week and call oit good :lol3:
greenheadsmoker
hunter

Postby kdog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 pm

closed on mondays and dont start hunting till 9 00 10 00 ........................their busy making money .......3 sticks isnt a member anymore ...zsolt rumey is a member ? founder of zoltek in st peters ...... big hitter

kdog
hunter

Postby greenheadsmoker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Rumor has it Busch couldn't get it and that is why you now have Bellau
greenheadsmoker
hunter

Postby kdog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Two different busch's ....adolphus the fourth owns belleau given to him from dad auggie ,,,,,the august 3rd used to belong to dardenne ,cuivre , and owns webfoot and paddle foot and waldmeister on hwy c

kdog
hunter

Postby greenheadsmoker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:48 pm

I was told it was aldolphus I do know he bought some ground from dardenne
greenheadsmoker
hunter

Postby vapor300 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:38 pm

There was alot of ducks down in the bottoms, i was down in the bottoms the day they did the count, there was alot of ducks down there but a million i dont know! And Dardenne holds more ducks then cuiver so 2 mil ducks in that small of area??? And thats not even counting Whistling Wings rest lake and Baldwin
Last edited by vapor300 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vapor300
hunter

Postby vapor300 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:39 pm

There is also Billy Busch he owns the club across the street from Purdy
vapor300
hunter

Postby CutEmUp89 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 pm

We own a private spot smack in between Whistling Wings and Klines. Not real sure how many ducks they killed, but they had their good days and bad. More good then bad. No matter if there was new ducks or stale ducks always duck around between Whistling, and Dardenne. Every night at LST the show would begin as they piled out of Whistling Wings. Very impressive. Good to know that there are always ducks around even during the slow periods of season. Get along with Klines just fine, only bad thing I have to say is some of their members don't understand when we have ducks working us, not to skyblast. Happened a few days but don't get me wrong they didn't skyblast all the time. They would get ducks down in their corn.
Phillip Price

Fowl Obession Duck & Goose Calls Staff

Kill em' with their feet down, and wings cupped!

"I guess no one knows about Mo Booter?"
CutEmUp89
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:01 am

CutEmUp89 wrote:We own a private spot smack in between Whistling Wings and Klines. Not real sure how many ducks they killed, but they had their good days and bad. More good then bad. No matter if there was new ducks or stale ducks always duck around between Whistling, and Dardenne. Every night at LST the show would begin as they piled out of Whistling Wings. Very impressive. Good to know that there are always ducks around even during the slow periods of season. Get along with Klines just fine, only bad thing I have to say is some of their members don't understand when we have ducks working us, not to skyblast. Happened a few days but don't get me wrong they didn't skyblast all the time. They would get ducks down in their corn.

He blames it on members but thats buzzy do ing the sky blasting. :lol3:
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby Cliner » Tue May 07, 2013 2:49 pm

CutEmUp89 wrote:We own a private spot smack in between Whistling Wings and Klines. Not real sure how many ducks they killed, but they had their good days and bad. More good then bad. No matter if there was new ducks or stale ducks always duck around between Whistling, and Dardenne. Every night at LST the show would begin as they piled out of Whistling Wings. Very impressive. Good to know that there are always ducks around even during the slow periods of season. Get along with Klines just fine, only bad thing I have to say is some of their members don't understand when we have ducks working us, not to skyblast. Happened a few days but don't get me wrong they didn't skyblast all the time. They would get ducks down in their corn.

One of my friend's husband hunts out at Whistling Wings. His dad is a member. Is it a pretty nice place? I don't know anything about the east side. I'm looking at getting a membership at Mudhole over here on the west side for the 2014-2015 season. Hope I can get in if it's worth it.
Last edited by Cliner on Sun May 12, 2013 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby kdog » Sat May 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Are you moving ? Only mudhole i know of is on the west side

kdog
hunter

Postby Cliner » Sat May 11, 2013 11:33 pm

kdog wrote:Are you moving ? Only mudhole i know of is on the west side

No, I live on the west side. That's the mudhole I'm talking about. I just had a friend move from the KC area to STL and her husband's Dad is a member at Whistling Wings.

Edit: I see I made a typo. I meant west side when I was talking about Mudhole.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Fri May 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Ahhhh to be rich and a duck hunter ! I wasn't ever rich enough to afford to belong to such a club , but for a few years I had a freind that his family managed such an area . Was so nice it allmost made me lazy about duck hunting . I don't ever remember a bad duck hunt there ! Then reality hit when I lost access to hunting there and it was back to putting out my own decoys, eating venna sauages and sleeping in my van the night before to get too the draw in time ! --- :rolleyes: --- Such is life !
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Go to Elmer's or Hobo's (Legion Hall) and start asking around. Everyone knows every body else around there.

:beer:
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:38 am

All that will be growing in the bottoms this year after the water goes down is cockel burrs and weeds.
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:59 am

As long as I am able to do a moist soil draw down, I am fine without planting corn. Right now I am wondering if we will even be able to draw down.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby SMcGarrity » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Deadeye wrote:All that will be growing in the bottoms this year after the water goes down is cockel burrs and weeds.

had one of our best years 2 years ago and didn't have a crop. shot lots of birds over natural smart weed and moist soil plants, etc.

but you're right, i don't think too many will be planting this year. we aren't going to be able to. we will probably hunt public quite a bit, but i am sure many of the conservation areas are facing the same issues with too much water.
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby CutEmUp89 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm

We had corn all around us last year, and the ducks roosted in our hole eating volunteer millet and smartweed just as much as the corn.
Phillip Price

Fowl Obession Duck & Goose Calls Staff

Kill em' with their feet down, and wings cupped!

"I guess no one knows about Mo Booter?"
CutEmUp89
hunter

Postby greenheadsmoker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 pm

CutEmUp89 wrote:We had corn all around us last year, and the ducks roosted in our hole eating volunteer millet and smartweed just as much as the corn.

The ducks eat the millet and buckwheat first then move on the the corn :beer:
greenheadsmoker
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting