Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Postby bgoldhunter » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:46 pm

Bgold, I'm glad that you had alot of fun. To me Deer hunting can be just as good as waterfowl. But remember, those kids are the ones that are going to be keeping your sport alive when your gone. I'm planning on taking my 12 year old cousin the week after deer opener for a duck and goose hunt at our place. We went out to shoot some clays the other week and for being the first time to ever shoot a shotgun I was amazed at what he could hit. He was shooting an old single shot 20ga. and busted about 35-40% of the clays. Thats pretty good for the first time ever shooting a gun.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:00 am

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:48 am

Does the gun have open sites or a scope? A scope would probably be easier for her to shoot accurately, just site it in for the range you think she will be shooting. Either way I'd say, take her out a few times and do some taget shooting with it. Maybe if you have a friend with a .243 or someother small caliber gun with a really heavy stock, then use a rest and hopefully that extra weight will help keep the gun still and thats also less recoil for her.

Good Luck!!
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:42 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:08 pm

Ahh.. That was the other thing I was thinking. I wasnt sure if it was too much recoil or if it would be hard for her to hold. But ya duhhh... its a handgun load :hammering: So I guess you could cut the stock but personally thats only somthing I'd do if I had a replacement stock for it. It might be kinda hard now but once she starts to out grow it you dont have to buy another gun, like you would have to do if you cut the stock.
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting