Last week for North Zone Canadas......Hows it look'n boys

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Last week for North Zone Canadas......Hows it look'n boys

Postby goosetalk » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:44 pm

I hunt north of O'fallon by Winfield. Just wondering what the geese are doing. Looks like a rainy weekend is ahead :mrgreen: Who plans on hunting and what are your strategies.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby JDW127 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:56 pm

My plan is to go with you. Would that work? Haha, just kidding. I've never gone after geese before and don't have the money to do it.
JDW127
hunter

Postby hooper » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:40 am

Hunting in the river bottoms near KC has really slowed down. Rain is not going to help getting in to the fields either. The farmers get a little upset if you leave big ruts. Since I am the youngest guy there (30) I will be packing most of the stuff. I will be out there though. We are having a hard time getting the groups to commit, so we have switched to... if you have a shot take it. A bird in the hand ......
hooper
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:40 am

Im not going :thumbsdown: ever since christmas when it got warm hardly anything has been down at the river, Its been an extremely dissappointing goose season here. Maybe the conservation order for snows will be a little better
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:04 pm

Going to set up for 'em this weekend, but not expecting to see a large amount. 6 coming into the spread would be just fine (me, a buddy and his boy). Been seeing very small numbers of snows, so we will throw out some rags while we are at it.

Then coyote hunting until the snows really hit...
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby whitefeather » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:52 pm

The geese are stacked in Southeast Iowa. There are more geese here than I have ever seen in this area. Our season has been over for a while and with all of the food and open water I don't see them leaving unless we get hammered with a storm.
whitefeather
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:16 pm

Yep, thats the big kicker for this season, WEATHER! It sux! The last two weeks of our duck season (southern) it was horrid! 50 -70. If it's that warm up north, no need to migrate south. Terrible! Cryable and at times almost laughable.
:thumbsdown:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby duckhunter052002 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am

:salude: well guys you r getting your wish it looks like this season is going to be a lot heavier than last according to the guys hunting north and i mean wayyyyyyyyy north, the are seeing more birds moving than in the last 5 yrs..... we already have goosd numbersof pintail, gads and some of the bigger bluebills down
lee

idenify before you shoot :thumbsup:
duckhunter052002
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting