For all you guys around Kansas City

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

For all you guys around Kansas City

Postby kcduckslayer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:41 am

I found this on Refuge forum so I thought I would put it on here to. The guy heading all this up (Kevin) is my neighbor. He is serious about finding this guy. This is the second year that they have searched for this guy. I am not able to go this weekend but I hope some of you will make it out there. Please help the family have some closure.

Thanks for reading

CJ

If you go please let Kevin know that I refered you about this.

There looking for volunteers for a body search in southern Miami County. Typically duck hunters see things in the woods pretty good. If anyone is willing to volunteer some time and try and do something good for these people they could sure use your help. March 18, 9:00am Gilmore airport. Although it is opening weekend of spoonbill season in MO, I’ll be there. Any pilots willing to over fly the area during the search are also needed.
Sincerly,
Chris King (Duck Hunting USA)

PAOLA, Kan. -- A Miami County man vanished two years ago, and a friend continues to try to solve the mystery.
Karl Lee Larsen, 44, was reported missing from Paola on Feb. 25, 2004. On that day, Larsen asked his mother to pick up his son from school. That was the last anyone heard from him.
The man didn't leave many clues. His car was found a month later behind an abandoned farmhouse in rural Linn County.
KMBC's Martin Augustine reported that Larsen's friend, Kevin Danciak, continues to organize searches to find Larsen.
On March 18, Danciak hopes to have enough volunteers to search for Larsen over several hundred acres in a wooded area near Gilmore Airport.
"The timber is pretty thick," Danciak said.
He said he expects that Larsen may have taken his own life because he had stopped taking his medication for a mental illness, but Danciak wants to try to end the painful mystery for Larsen's family.
"One minute you wonder if he's alive, and the next minute you wonder if he's not, and so, there's a lot of frustration and nervousness around that whole situation," Danciak said. "The main thing is the family, that's the most important part. I can't imagine being in their position ... I've got the easy part. They've got the tough part."
Danciak said the volunteer work will be both physically and mentally challenging, but anyone who is interested is encouraged to wear proper clothing and footwear. The search is set to begin at 9 a.m. on March 18 at Gilmore Airport in Pleasanton.
If you have any questions, contact Kevin Danciak at (913) 961-7997.
Driving Directions To Gilmore Airport
Olathe (approx. 65 miles)
South 1-35 to 7 Hwy/ US-169 south approx. 30 miles, (past Paola and Osawatomie) To Mound City/ 7 Hwy exit. Turn south (left) drive approx 30 miles to 52 Hwy. 52 Hwy is just south of bridge. Take Hwy 52 east (left) 3.8 miles through Mound City to Read Rd. Turn south on Read road and drive 1.3 miles to Gilmore Airport. The Airport will be on your left.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting