Hunting Locations in MO......

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Hunting Locations in MO......

Postby imaheelsfan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:52 pm

Some friends and I are interested in making a journey this winter to hunt the famous Mississippi Delta Flyway. We would like to go to Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi or Louisiana beacuse those are the places you hear as being awesome hunts. We would like advice on where and when to go. Have any of you used any guides there?

There are a few things we are looking for in selecting our location/guide service. Of course quality of hunt, but also price, proximity to airport (we'll probably have to fly out there), firendliness of people, loding, etc.

Please, all help is appreciated. Hapy hunting and straight shooting.
imaheelsfan
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:11 am

Can't help you on a guide, because I've never used one, but timing I can give you an idea on.

If this season is like most, we don't start seeing large numbers of big ducks until the later part of November. My best hunt last year was on the 29th of Nov.

If you are flying into St. Louis, there is all the duck hunting you could want within an hour to an 1.5 hour drive.

Where are you coming from?
gsphunter
hunter

Postby imaheelsfan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:08 am

Coming from North Carolina. Somewhere within an hour of St Louis would be great for travel.

Anyone know of reputable guide services. Nothing better than the referral of a previous customer.
imaheelsfan
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:54 am

You might be better off putting something in the HH, because most guys who live in an area aren't going to use guides. Most people who use guides are coming from out of town.

Just a suggestion.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby H20fwlkillr » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:33 pm

I'll start treating my wife as good as my dog when she starts fetching ducks.
H20fwlkillr
hunter

Postby imaheelsfan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:04 pm

bttt
imaheelsfan
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting