Smithville Lake Duck Blind Drawing

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Smithville Lake Duck Blind Drawing

Postby duckngooser » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 am

Well, I was unlucky this year and didn't get a blind draw. If anyone has an extra A-pool tag or wasn't able to get/find a good spot in A-pool. Let me know. Maybe we can work something out!

Thanks!
duckngooser
Newb

Re: Smithville Lake Duck Blind Drawing

Postby Cliner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:50 am

A buddy of mine got the 3rd pick and got the island. Should be an good spot I guess. I've never hunted the main lake, I'll stick to private land right off the lake
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

hunted smithville by the smokestacks and was horrible,blind was 50 foot from water so you never could get a shot if a bird would come by,seen a few but very few on the island
knockemdeadd wrote:how could i put a pricetag on memories made with my son
So can i hunt with you now since i used a qoute from you?hahahahaha
moneymaker
hunter

Postby golden6432 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Cline wrote:A buddy of mine got the 3rd pick and got the island. Should be an good spot I guess. I've never hunted the main lake, I'll stick to private land right off the lake
Cline i have family property that backs right up to part of the lake where thw island is. If it is the island off of the O hwy way ramp or north of W. Believe me it isn't that great with all the jackasses out ther sky busting. By the time it gets really hot you can't even get a boat to it. Our property runs back to with in 150 yards of the lake and we just walk down and hunt it after it freezes. The geese will keep the back side of that island open long after the rest of the lake is frozen solid. If a guy could figure out away to get to the island after the lake freezes up, you would have the best shoots of your life.
golden6432
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 am

Ok, I am reopening this thread...

So I understand the blind drawing, but I was under the impression that after that, you could still just take your boat out and anchor down and hunt. Is this incorrect?
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:57 am

You must hunt at one of the designated blind spots. if you didn't "win" a blind spot then you can claim one for yourself if the owners aren't in it 30 min before legal shooting time. You can't just put your boat anywhere and if you want to hunt out of your boat and not one of the blinds built you have to be a certain distance from the stake (not sure how far might check on that)
franchifowler
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:07 am

What's the difference between hunting from a blind or sitting on shore. As long as you are the certain distance away from each other. So if I don't have a boat blond I'm screwed. Thanks for the info.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby radfordc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:11 pm

B.E.Nelli wrote:Ok, I am reopening this thread...

So I understand the blind drawing, but I was under the impression that after that, you could still just take your boat out and anchor down and hunt. Is this incorrect?

The rules are here: http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/Locations ... awing.aspx

A permit is required for all blinds except portable or boat blinds,

A minimum distance of 200 yards is required between all blinds(floating, stationary, boat, portable, etc.)
radfordc
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Ok, so I in fact can pull up on any bank and layout hunt. As long as I'm 200 yards from any blind. Thanks a million. I have the map of what's huntable and not as well. Thanks guys.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:46 am

Yeah you can hunt out of a temp blind or boat blind as long as its 200 yds from a pernament season blind and is removed daily. Also someone elses drawn/ tagged blind if they aren't there by legal shooting time. Friends are on their way right now to hunt their blind , miss those days of hunting our pontoon blind there with my friends.
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby elkmo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:08 am

You can only hunt a fixed blind if not occupied at legal shooting time, not 30 minutes prior as previously stated.
elkmo
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting