Meramec River

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Meramec River

Postby BPSgrizzly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 am

i have been scouting the river very hard and know the spots i want to try im just wondering who else hunts the river not trying to steal your spots or asking for anything else just wondering who else hunts it?
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Re: Meramec River

Postby moneymaker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:58 am

what part?George Winters park area?
knockemdeadd wrote:how could i put a pricetag on memories made with my son
So can i hunt with you now since i used a qoute from you?hahahahaha
moneymaker
hunter

Postby kdog » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 am

Dont be giving out leas's private hole :welcome:
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 am

Just keep talking about it they already have traffic jams. :hammer:
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby BPSgrizzly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am

ive scouted geroge winter a bit but have some other areas in mind are these traffic jams on the river?
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Absolutly clueless.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby kdog » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Bwaaaaaaaaaahhh /......merrymac is a sleeper hotbed for waterfowl action :welcome:
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby BPSgrizzly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:50 pm

right :huh: well back to my original question how many guys are hunting it
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 pm

george winter is a duck mecca :lol3:
moneymaker
hunter

Postby oktakem » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:11 pm

You'll see blinds up and down that area. GWP is at times crowded to put it nicely. You have to be beyond the little island in front of the main pavilion otherwise the park rangers will give you a hard time. I would advise not putting in there either. Park rangers have harrassed hunters off and on for years. An fyi too there are some old timers out there that are pretty territorial about a spot they have been hunting for years they will say. Haven't run ito them but have been told by other hunters. Kinda like Cuiver River CA, not supposed to be any blinds out there and it's first come first serve but.......... It can be good from time to time. not great. Haven't hunted it in 2 years. Good days and bad days. Lots of spots to hunt on the Meremac.
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby greenheadsmoker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:17 pm

All I can say is :lol:
greenheadsmoker
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 pm

I think I might start selling keys to my ramp. :grooving:
Deadeye
hunter

Postby greenheadsmoker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Your ultra super duper secret ramp thats guarded by pit pulls with uzis? Say it aint so?!?!?!
greenheadsmoker
hunter

Postby BPSgrizzly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

gotcha too be honest i feel like a fool i guess didnt think there would be many out trying that spot but are they mostly in the park themselves or on the river not and i hear what you guys are saying im not trying to intrude on some old guy thats been hunting it for years just looking for a place close to home for during the week im sure everyone else is looking for the same thing tho
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 pm

there is only 2 spots to hunt thee,,1 is where a few guys that think they are foiles wanna bes are always at,ON THE POINT and then some yahoo always in the QUARRY other then that it isnt worth even being out there,,,,,use to be a decent place until the 2 groups of young kids got there as they get out there at midnight to just get the spot,,,heard tires being cut lately :lol3:
moneymaker
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 am

moneymaker wrote:there is only 2 spots to hunt thee,,1 is where a few guys that think they are foiles wanna bes are always at,ON THE POINT and then some yahoo always in the QUARRY other then that it isnt worth even being out there,,,,,use to be a decent place until the 2 groups of young kids got there as they get out there at midnight to just get the spot,,,heard tires being cut lately :lol3:

These people crack me up. Makes me want to go there at 11pm just to get in there spot. Somebody cuts my tires, I'll make sure they don't walk for the next several months. People need to be taught a lesson, these kinds of people think they own the world. I'd love for some old-timer to try to kick me out of a spot that I got to before them on PUBLIC land.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:02 am

Cline wrote:
moneymaker wrote:there is only 2 spots to hunt thee,,1 is where a few guys that think they are foiles wanna bes are always at,ON THE POINT and then some yahoo always in the QUARRY other then that it isnt worth even being out there,,,,,use to be a decent place until the 2 groups of young kids got there as they get out there at midnight to just get the spot,,,heard tires being cut lately :lol3:

These people crack me up. Makes me want to go there at 11pm just to get in there spot. Somebody cuts my tires, I'll make sure they don't walk for the next several months. People need to be taught a lesson, these kinds of people think they own the world. I'd love for some old-timer to try to kick me out of a spot that I got to before them on PUBLIC land.

Your just as bad. :lol3:
Deadeye
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 am

Deadeye wrote:
Cline wrote:

Your just as bad. :lol3:

No, not even close to the same. That is apples to oranges. You must be one of those entitled old guys. With all this MMA crap, every little teenager thinks they're tough. I'm sick of that crap. I hear it all the time on here, that people get mad when you're "in their spot". That's bullsh*t. I'm not going around slashing tires, damaging trailers, etc because someone got there before me. By your logic, the military is just as bad as the terrorists.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

No Deadeye is so drunk all the time he cant open a knife or see the tire :lol3:
moneymaker
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 am

Deadeye wrote:Absolutly clueless.

I will say it again Absolutly cluless.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

moneymaker wrote:No Deadeye is so drunk all the time he cant open a knife or see the tire :lol3:

For once you speak the truth except I use the Ice pick hard to find the hole. :lol3:
Deadeye
hunter

Postby BPSgrizzly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am

if you say there on the point and in the quarry then thats fine the spot i want to hunt is not by that i scouted the other day and some ducks were already there but yea thats horesh%t its public land take the defeat of someone getting there first and find another spot or go home
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 am

I think I might just start hunting this river to see what all of this talk is about
swampchicken
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:19 pm

swampchicken wrote:I think I might just start hunting this river to see what all of this talk is about

You will rip your lower unit clean off. :lol3:
Deadeye
hunter

Postby oktakem » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:46 pm

A good guy to call and that's if he is still the agent in charge for that area is Mike Hallin? or Hallorin? He helped me out in 94 when we started hunting that river. He is at Powder Valley 301-1500. I saw him about 5??? years ago out in Eureka and he was still in charge back then. He was really helpfull. There is a ramp off of Old Gravois that you could use. Honor system $3 or #5. Forgot the marinas name. I've heard in the past it was hard to get out of it when the water was low. Haven't used it in several years.
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Next

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting