Meramec River

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Re: Meramec River

Postby duckman399 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 pm

moneymaker wrote:there is only 2 spots to hunt thee,,1 is where a few guys that think they are foiles wanna bes are always at,ON THE POINT and then some yahoo always in the QUARRY other then that it isnt worth even being out there,,,,,use to be a decent place until the 2 groups of young kids got there as they get out there at midnight to just get the spot,,,heard tires being cut lately :lol3:

Maybe get off your damn couch and away from these fourms, then you might have a chance at killing something. All you do is get on these fourms and talk crap to people and thats why no body likes you. You just giveaway every single spot to guys who are complete internet scouters. Get a life
duckman399
Newb

Postby Mr Stumpjumper » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 pm

So you gonna be on the point ? Or in the quarry? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Mr Stumpjumper
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Mr Stumpjumper wrote:So you gonna be on the point ? Or in the quarry? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hammer: :crying:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby kdog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 am

Thats it ....Im going at 11:59
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby BPSgrizzly » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:47 am

ha are you yelling at me to get off the couch? because i have scouted it i just havent had a chance to hunt it
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am

I just tuned up my airboat,425hp 454 see ya on the river you will hear my coming from a long way off. :lol3:
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby duckman399 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

BPSgrizzly wrote:ha are you yelling at me to get off the couch? because i have scouted it i just havent had a chance to hunt it

I was talking to moneymaker
duckman399
Newb

Postby Duckslayermo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:44 pm

moneymaker wrote:there is only 2 spots to hunt thee,,1 is where a few guys that think they are foiles wanna bes are always at,ON THE POINT and then some yahoo always in the QUARRY other then that it isnt worth even being out there,,,,,use to be a decent place until the 2 groups of young kids got there as they get out there at midnight to just get the spot,,,heard tires being cut lately :lol3:

I like being called a "Yahoo"....I guess if you work ducks all the way into the decoys, have $1000 blind on your boat, 5 dozen super-mags and a Registered Chessie. I've hunted ducks for 30 years, all over the state and have to come home to Jefferson County to be called a yahoo...nice...I see spell checker can't even help you.....
Duckslayermo
Newb

Postby swampchicken » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:58 pm

I almost forgot to mention that is a neet spot to hunt thanks for informing me of it i did have two nice hunts there this past season that we limited out on both days.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:42 pm

some foiles guys....think i just might know who you are talking about.

there are spots to get in the meramec besides GWP where you might get some action. we've shot ducks out near pacific/eureka area off the meramec. plenty of boat access out there if you know where to go.

never hunted near GWP though. wasn't even sure if it was/is legal? there is a county line somewhere out there....i think? we run the ski boat and wet bikes out there before taking them to the lake for the summer and always see birds around. as someone mentioned, best bet might be to get in contact with a local park ranger to get the skinny. i obviously haven't done my homework to know what's what out there.

however, rumor has it that there is a barbarian hoard of banded geese that fly from suson park over in that area and if you get setup on the river in the right spot soon enough, you just might get to shoot at them! better bring the camping gear so you can set up in time. :tongue:
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby BPSgrizzly » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:44 pm

yes its true the flock is huge but ive never seen them leave suson, but i am going to start scouting soon because ill be a weekend warrior this year and its so close its hard to pass up. I have heard rumors of people slashing tires and stuff though so that worries me a bit.
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:12 pm

BPSgrizzly wrote:yes its true the flock is huge but ive never seen them leave suson, but i am going to start scouting soon because ill be a weekend warrior this year and its so close its hard to pass up. I have heard rumors of people slashing tires and stuff though so that worries me a bit.

If you find out who the **** is that slashes the tires, make sure they learn a lesson to never slash a tire again. :wink:
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:08 am

Anyone up for busting those clowns during nuisance goose? Little sting operation! Who has their conceal and carry, we could make this real interesting...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby BPSgrizzly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:40 am

Ha i thought about "accidentally letting the dog off his leash" at the park to see what they do but cant really afford a disturbing the geese or endangering animals ticket. i however am going to try to go before work a couple days this week to see if they go anywhere. SM MCgarity do you have a boat blind?
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 pm

got a john boat but no boat blind. got a layout with blind though.

depending on where the geese are you could probably get away with hunting out of a layout blind on the land or just hiding in the brush/weeds.
Last edited by SMcGarrity on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby mosssr » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:30 am

Be carfeull about being on land. In a boat is one thing, I was told if your in St. louis County on land - Major Major Problems.
mosssr
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:40 pm

mosssr wrote:Be carfeull about being on land. In a boat is one thing, I was told if your in St. louis County on land - Major Major Problems.

absolutely...that's why I mentioned the county lines in a previous post. It changes over to Jeff Co at some point, I just don't know where. Even if you are in STL County, I am not 100% sure you can hunt from the water.

I don't hunt rivers too often and the times that I do, I am no where near STL County.

Anyone know anything about the particulars here when it comes to hunting on/from rivers and what counties? I am pretty certain you cannot discharge a firearm in STL County.
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby talltimber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Good place to get shot in the face
talltimber
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:23 pm

i'm floating the meramec this weekend. we lucked out and got some fine weather for an August float.

i will keep my eyes peeled for geese, ducks, duck commander wannabes, and foiles dudes. :eek: :yes: :eek:

also gotta watch for gun toting locals...not sure if anyone heard that recent story?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 7c9c3.html
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby oktakem » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:41 pm

It's NOT illegal to discharge a firearm in UNINCORPORATED St. Louis County. Technically you can't get out and hunt from the islands in GWP. Beware though it is ILLEGAL to discharge a firearm in ARNOLD city limits. That means when Arnold, Mo. is on the other side of the river you better be on the county side!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby mosssr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:19 pm

It has nothing to do with county, or unicorporated, or Arnold city limits on the River. As long as you are afloat in a tempoary blind, not on the islands or land .
mosssr
hunter

Postby oktakem » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 am

I will kindly disagree with you on that. Made a call to Powder Valley and asked for an agent to get clarification. The agent called me back and she said I am correct and encouraged me to call Arnold police to confirm. She said they have NO tolerance in their city limits and are encouraged to make arrests. She also said the rule applies along the Missouri river and it's sandbars, and that people are mis-informed about what is/isn't private property. If a landowner wants you to move you have to, period. It also matters in incorporated cities like Creave Couer for instance, where it IS illegal to discharge a firearm. Bridgeton no shot bigger than #4 no gauge bigger than 12. Florrissant NO discharge of firearms. In conclusion wherever you are hunting on the rivers you better know the regulations.
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby mosssr » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am

What sucks its all grey area . The people who gave me the info said: "there is always something they could harass you about", "just always stay off any land, purple paint or not"
mosssr
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting