Duck Hunting Lodge/Cabin

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Duck Hunting Lodge/Cabin

Postby ronrob » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

I have a chance to buy a duck hunting lodge/cabin around the SEMO area (just an old convience store-converted) . Although it's going to be a tight schedule to get the lodge ready for hunters and in getting the word out for some hunters in to lease or rent the rooms. Does anyone have any experience in this sort of business venture? I'm wanting to buy the place to have a place for friends to gather in the down-time while not hunting & something a little more fun than a hotel room. Maybe trade rooms to local farmers in exchange for a hunting spot? What are your guys thoughts? How could I advertise for in & out of state hunters? Thanks guys...all post are welcome....
ronrob
hunter

Re: Duck Hunting Lodge/Cabin

Postby kdog » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Depends on what area its in .....but if its close you'll stay busy if the price is right and dogs are allowed ........craigslist is your friend ...and websites like this .....there are more websites than this one
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby ronrob » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Kennett area....ohh I never thought about dogs either...yeah that could be a selling point over hotels...
ronrob
hunter

Postby ronrob » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah that was another issue I had was pricing to be fair....need to check into what people are paying for rooms like these....

would a closed off apartment setting be preferred or lodge style open area with separate bedrooms?
ronrob
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

ronrob wrote:Yeah that was another issue I had was pricing to be fair....need to check into what people are paying for rooms like these....

would a closed off apartment setting be preferred or lodge style open area with separate bedrooms?

If possible, a mixture of both would be preferred. As a guy whos been on many'a deer hunts with outfitters in Pike Co Illinois, a good memory was always hearing stories of the hunt from other guys staying in our same lodge, but hunting in different areas.
Privacy is key, but a nice common area between all the private settings would add to the atmosphere.
Dunno if this helped or hurt. Sorry. :thumbsup:
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby ronrob » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah those were my thoughts exactly....the way it is set up is a common area with 3 to 4 bedrooms sectioned off.
ronrob
hunter

Postby Cliner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 am

I think that's a good idea. I've been to several camps that have a room full of bunk beds so you can pack a bunch of guys in there. I don't like sleeping in a room with anybody else. I don't do well with people snoring, I can't sleep at all. I like to have privacy, but normally you pay for it.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 am

and good lookin female cooks :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
knockemdeadd wrote:how could i put a pricetag on memories made with my son
So can i hunt with you now since i used a qoute from you?hahahahaha
moneymaker
hunter

Postby ronrob » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm going to make every effort to buy the place..... will be a hole in the wall this year and maybe if I can get some hunters in then maybe next year I can get the place built up....
ronrob
hunter

Postby ronrob » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Ohh....and what about RV parking spots?.... Do you guys often load up in the RV's/trailer and go duck hunting or just stay in hotel? ...Thoughts?
ronrob
hunter

Postby ronrob » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Well I finally bought the place. It's located outside Kennett, MO. I will include some pics of Before & After. Lodge will be ready & open in September! RV parking spots, Big Screen TV, pool table, duck cleaning station, Mud room, kitchennete. 2 separate apartments with 3 bedrooms/per, bathroom w/shower, Tell me what you guys think? Anything I should include?
ronrob
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Wader dryers in mudroom. Can set it up with a few vents and some pvc instead of individual dryers

Sent from the X
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby ronrob » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Here are a couple shots of the Cabin AS IS...great location in Duck Country....Plenty of space...working on a name & design as well....
Attachments
Huntinglodge3.jpg
Huntinglodge2.jpg
Huntlodge1.jpg
ronrob
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40 am

Congrats!!! Hope it works out well for you. What is close by as far as places to hunt?
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby BigMuddy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 am

Cool ronrod !-- :thumbsup: --if you need a guide let me know ! Trained dogs included --- :yes:-- I also do remolding , HVAC , plumbing and electrical work .
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby ronrob » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Been busy with work..... 5 Minutes away from Kennett, MO. 1 hour away from Otter Slough or 1 Hour from Sikeston. Big Muddy I need a land lease to go with the lodge.
ronrob
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Will rooms be sold by the night or week? I'm looking at taking a week of vacation to piddle around Arkansas. This could save me a world of drive time. Pm me a price when ya get a chance please!
sehunter1
hunter

Postby ronrob » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:30 am

Plan on leasing out for the season. A lot easier keeping track of people!
ronrob
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting