Reservation Question

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Reservation Question

Postby DJH1 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:38 pm

I've been hunting the Missouri WMA's for several years now, all of them having a drawing the morning of the hunt. I have never put in for reservations and I'm definetely gonna give it a try this year. (Last year I forgot and was a day late to apply :pissed: )

I work a schedule where it's very hard to predict exactly what my days off will be during season, so I probably don't wanna put in for a specific date. I was wondering what is the strategy that will work the best, first available weekday or first available weekend? I'm guessing weekday, but I wanna make sure first. I'd like to have one for the weekend so my brother would be off work but will it be less of a chance of getting drawed?

Lastly, how many reservations can you put in for?? Someone was telling me three, but I'm not sure if thats right. Is that three different dates at one area? Or do you have to put in at three different areas??

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.
DJH1
hunter

Postby H20fwlkillr » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:13 am

To get the correct info, I would call the MDC and ask. You could even e-mail. They respond very quickly.
I'll start treating my wife as good as my dog when she starts fetching ducks.
H20fwlkillr
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:09 pm

You can only put in for one reservation. They will give you three choices of places that you would like to get drawn in case one fills up.

I put in myself and about 5 other people and all but one got drawn. We put in for first available weekday and our first choice was Shanks.

Good luck put in time is coming soon. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

reservation

Postby jsbourbon » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:40 pm

the last guy is right , i've put one in for the past 5 years and haven't got drawn , but i know someone who has gotten drawn every year , we even had one year where two of my uncles got drawn back to back days for otter slough , it was awesome , i put first available weekend , , weekday might have a better chance, they start september 1st and you can do it on the internet , good luck to you.

j b
jsbourbon
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:51 am

If you select first available weekday, your chances are greatly improved. Now, if I could only get off work...
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby DJH1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:21 am

Webfoot12 wrote:Now, if I could only get off work...

And therein lies the key!! I hate to get a reservation and then not be able to get off work. I would take vacation, but I'm using most of that for deer season. Decisions, decisions.... :pissed:
DJH1
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:49 am

DJH1 wrote:

And therein lies the key!! I hate to get a reservation and then not be able to get off work. I would take vacation, but I'm using most of that for deer season. Decisions, decisions.... :pissed:

Using vacation for deer season over duck season? :thumbsdown: :umm: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cut'm
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:50 pm

DJH1 wrote:

Sounds like a pretty easy decision to make. :yes:
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting