Every person draws

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Every person draws

Postby Miller » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:32 pm

I read that alot of places is going to the "every person draws" drawing this year. It said that Grand Pass is one of them, I hunt,or at least poor line, every weekend. There is sometimes 70 -90 parties there does this mean that drawing is going take 8 hrs? :eek: I have never drawn this way so I was just trying to get the skinny.
Miller
hunter

Postby DJH1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:43 am

Do you have a link to where you found this? I'd like to see if some of the places I hunt are on there.

As far as every person drawing, I think I've heard of it but never experienced it.
DJH1
hunter

Postby Miller » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:40 pm

It is in the "Missouri Conservationist" on page 45. Besides GP it lists Bob Brown and Ten Mile Pond that will implement it in their drawing. I am sure that it is on a web page somewhere but I can not find it.[/url]
Miller
hunter

Postby DJH1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:08 pm

Thanks for the info, Ten Mile Pond is where I hunt most of the time, I'm gonna need to look it up.

Here's the link I found, about halfway down the page:

http://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2006/09/almanac.htm

I dont know if I'm gonna like this or not. Anbody tried this at the other places??
DJH1
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:56 pm

Eagle Bluffs did this last year (as well as a few others). It is basically an attempt to make hunting parties larger. I didn't hunt the refuges much last year, but got in every time on the last draw of the party. This has changed what I thought about the new policy...even though I usually just hunt with one other guy. Really, though, I'm not sure on how much this will change party numbers.

It did take a little longer to get through, but not as long as you would think.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:45 pm

I see the up and the down of this. There has been several times when at a public draw place that I could've hunted with some other guys, but just chose not to. This would've allowed another party in to hunt.

It's got some good intentions, but I still don't know if it will work.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:28 pm

Worked reall well at Eagle Bluff's last year. One guy can draw as many pills as there are people in your party. We have one guy that's usually pretty lucky so we let him do our drawing. When we have a party of four, he'll pick four pills and keep the lowest number. Doesn't really take any longer to get through line.

It makes it interesting because you really have no idea what the cutoff number will be. For example, if my buddy is the first person in line and he draws pills 1,2,3, and 4...he'll keep #1 and they put 2,3, and 4 in the trash pile, which makes the next best possible pill #5.

I like it.
Cut'm
hunter

Postby Miller » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:03 pm

sounds good Hey, if I can get in a couple more times a year with this. then :salude: :thumbsup:
Miller
hunter

Postby DJH1 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:21 pm

Miller wrote:sounds good Hey, if I can get in a couple more times a year with this. then :salude: :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup:
DJH1
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting