Got a phone call today.....

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Got a phone call today.....

Postby BigMuddy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Now , Now ---can't we all be freinds --?-- :biggrin: My wife has a chain on me -----but just when are getting kinky in the basement-- :evilbanana:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm

BigMuddy wrote:Now , Now ---can't we all be freinds --?-- :biggrin: My wife has a chain on me -----but just when are getting kinky in the basement-- :evilbanana:

Now that's a :eek: for sure!!!!!!!!
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:31 pm

BigMuddy wrote:Now , Now ---can't we all be freinds --?-- :biggrin: My wife has a chain on me -----but just when are getting kinky in the basement-- :evilbanana:

Swamp and I are friends BigMuddy. :yes: :lol3:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:04 am

BigAL64 wrote:

Yea Al is a good friend.We have hunted together several times and plan on doing so in the future.Al when the little missus says you can come out and play just give me a shout.I plan on living off the wife for 12 more days or Jan.20th anyway.Unless I get a job offer.Until then i will try and shoot as many ducks as possible.
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 am

swampcrawler wrote:
BigAL64 wrote:

Yea Al is a good friend.We have hunted together several times and plan on doing so in the future.Al when the little missus says you can come out and play just give me a shout.I plan on living off the wife for 12 more days or Jan.20th anyway.Unless I get a job offer.Until then i will try and shoot as many ducks as possible.

I will try to make it down 1 more time unless work gets to busy, :thumbsup:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Well come on Al i got a place for you to sleep and we can hunt for a couple of days.
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:13 pm

That's cool Al & Swamp-- :thumbsup: --I'm trying to get togather a late end of the season hunt with a few of my hunting buds too . Same problem too---work -- :mad: .. I like the quite time when bow or rifle hunting deer , but when upland or waterfowling its nice to have a few old friends along to share the hunt . Thought I'd make a few more hunting freinds when I moved here to Mexico,MO. It hasn't happen yet , just my wives family and a couple of them "hunt" but aren't what I'd call "hunters" . I do take the grandson's out and hunt with them , but its more of a learning thing for them -----and keeping them from roaming the woods after 30 minutes in the tree stand--lol. Hopefully before the season ends I'll get out and do it , some have been friends for over 20 years , it would be nice to see them again !

Big Muddy
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Al and Mark Craig are both good friends that i've met here on dhc .I look foward to hunting with them every season .Good friends are hard to find that enjoy hunting and the outdoors.We hopefully can get out 1 more time.I have to thank qd for 3 guys hunting together.The first time i hunted with either of them was on a qd, so you see qd isn't all bad. :thumbsup:
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

swampcrawler wrote:Al and Mark Craig are both good friends that i've met here on dhc .I look foward to hunting with them every season .Good friends are hard to find that enjoy hunting and the outdoors.We hopefully can get out 1 more time.I have to thank qd for 3 guys hunting together.The first time i hunted with either of them was on a qd, so you see qd isn't all bad. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :beer:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:01 pm

swampcrawler wrote:Al and Mark Craig are both good friends that i've met here on dhc .I look foward to hunting with them every season .Good friends are hard to find that enjoy hunting and the outdoors.We hopefully can get out 1 more time.I have to thank qd for 3 guys hunting together.The first time i hunted with either of them was on a qd, so you see qd isn't all bad. :thumbsup:

Someone once told me a case of the clap wasn't all bad either. They said they met some nice people and had fun while catching it. That doesn't mean they wanted to keep it forever. :no:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby mjcraig15 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm

:beer:

Have to agree had some good times on a few quick draws, bu it needs to change or go. Used to make the three hour drive to otter several times a year, but now won't bother. One good thing is it forced me to go out and find different areas to go. Now I have a few spots to go and not bother with having to draw or go when I am one of the 20 or so parties turned away at mtc or cb. Demand exceeds the supply at the parks. I have given up thinking anything is going to get better and am not real hopeful that my son will have lots of opportunity as he gets older. I still go as often as possible and nothing will change that.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 am

I tell you what we oughta do is have a get togather for the Missouri forum on DHC. We had a few at the other site and it was pretty cool ! We could find a place that allow's camping and make it a weekend thing or do a dove or snow goose conservation order hunt . Something where everyone gets to shoot a lot , at a lot of birds or do some fishing togather. I tried meeting other hunters to hunt with at DU or MWA events, but it was more about raising monies or planing stuff to help ducks , which is a good thing , but never panned out into hunting with new friends. Just a thought !-- :biggrin:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:16 pm

BigMuddy wrote:I tell you what we oughta do is have a get togather for the Missouri forum on DHC. We had a few at the other site and it was pretty cool ! We could find a place that allow's camping and make it a weekend thing or do a dove or snow goose conservation order hunt . Something where everyone gets to shoot a lot , at a lot of birds or do some fishing togather. I tried meeting other hunters to hunt with at DU or MWA events, but it was more about raising monies or planing stuff to help ducks , which is a good thing , but never panned out into hunting with new friends. Just a thought !-- :biggrin:

Sounds like a great idea. I took your post and started another thread with it, let's see what happens :thumbsup:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm

870shooter wrote:

Someone once told me a case of the clap wasn't all bad either. They said they met some nice people and had fun while catching it. That doesn't mean they wanted to keep it forever. :no:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I just blew soda through my nose and onto the computer screen on that one!!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

That's funny right there!!!! :beer:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 pm

BigAL64 wrote:
870shooter wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I just blew soda through my nose and onto the computer screen on that one!!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Sounds like 870 is speaking from experience.clap on clap off after all he is an electrician :eek:
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:27 pm

swampcrawler wrote:
BigAL64 wrote:
870shooter wrote:

Sounds like 870 is speaking from experience.clap on clap off after all he is an electrician :eek:

No, like I said someone else told me that once. Can't remember who. Are you sure it wasn't you Swamp?

Sorry about your 'puter screen there Al but you made me do the very same thing when I read your reply. :lol3: :beer: I woke up in the middle of the night and started laughing again just thinking about it. Wife woke up and wanted to know what was so #%@***&% funny and I couldn't even tell her, just started laughin more.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampcrawler » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:12 pm

I know that i've never had the clap,but it wasn't from lack of trying. :yes: :yes: :yes: :wink:If I recollect you worked pretty hard at it yourself 30years or so ago. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:55 am

870shooter wrote:
swampcrawler wrote:
BigAL64 wrote:
870shooter wrote:

No, like I said someone else told me that once. Can't remember who. Are you sure it wasn't you Swamp?

Sorry about your 'puter screen there Al but you made me do the very same thing when I read your reply. :lol3: :beer: I woke up in the middle of the night and started laughing again just thinking about it. Wife woke up and wanted to know what was so #%@***&% funny and I couldn't even tell her, just started laughin more.

I couldnt help but reply with that comment. It was just to easy!!! :yes:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:46 am

BigAL64 wrote:
870shooter wrote:
BigAL64 wrote:
870shooter wrote:

I couldnt help but reply with that comment. It was just to easy!!! :yes:

I'll admit that I did have to think for a while to come up with an accurate response to the "not all bad" statement but as far as I'm concerned I think I hit the nail right on the head when I finally came up with this one.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby Boomstck63 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Quick draw sucks. Duck hunting is all about the drive and anticipation of getting drawn in the poor boy line. The quick draw allows to many non real duck hunters to be able to go. I hunt Ted shanks every weekend but use to go to grand pass a lot but now that the poor boy line is so little I'm not willing to do the drive before quick draw I would do it because of a better chance of getting in. Do away with the quick draw.
Boomstck63
hunter

Postby talltimber » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 am

Duck hunting is all about hunting and killing ducks, working your dog, and bs'ing with your buddies. Ain't got one thing to do with a stinking draw. They should be outlawed. Forever.
talltimber
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 am

How about do away with the draws all together. Force people to scout and find spots. Duck hunting is not about waiting in a line, duck hunting is about working hard to find spots, scouting, then having the feeling that your success is due to your hard work, nothing with luck of the draw. Poor lines and draws do nothing but create lazy hunters. I would rather have a QD where at least I know if I am going to go, but if they do institute more QD do it at all places 100% of the time. IMO the draw allows for "non real duck hunters" (whatever that means) to go hunting. I am not saying get rid of the public areas but make them freelance, that is what makes real hunters, not horses being led to water by waiting in line for a pill.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby sehunter1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 am

If you did away with the draw now things would only get worse. I'm not a fan of quick draw or poor line for that matter but conflict would go through the roof. People would be setting up 60 yards apart in places like C pool at ten mile. Everybody knows the best spots. There are no secrets left, do away with the draw and duck hunting will become a boxing match.
sehunter1
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 am

Works over at carlyle just fine, yeah there may be an argument here or there, but there are still arguments at the draw areas now. I also wouldn't allow people to drive right up to spots like they can now, instead there should be several central locations depending on the pool you want to get to, and then you have to walk out there. Guys kind of police themselves and most guys respect the 200 yard rule, but like anywhere there can always be one idiot.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby BigMuddy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm

sehunter1 wrote:If you did away with the draw now things would only get worse. I'm not a fan of quick draw or poor line for that matter but conflict would go through the roof. People would be setting up 60 yards apart in places like C pool at ten mile. Everybody knows the best spots. There are no secrets left, do away with the draw and duck hunting will become a boxing match.

More like Ultimate Fighting -or Pro Wrestling-lol--we could have 4 man tag team matches in the parking lot at 4am -- :biggrin: --
Imagine the first few hunts of the season would be bad , but after that people would settle down and hopefully respect each others right to be there . The closet thing I would think compared to what we allready have would be opening day of Dove Season on public areas manged for dove hunting . Use to be you could showup at sunrise and get a good spot , now you have to arrive at 4 am to reserve your spot and wait 2 hours or more till its legal time to shoot .--- :rolleyes:
BigMuddy
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting