New to SWMO

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

New to SWMO

Postby Kraftyguy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm originally from south of KC, but recently moved to Springfield for college. I've been scouting a few areas but haven't been seeing many ducks. Any ideas on places to go and when the birds will be here?
Hot barrels, a happy dog, and a great group of friends.
Kraftyguy
hunter

Re: New to SWMO

Postby satguy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I am not from that area but I would look at stockton lake. The birds should be there between 3:30 and 4:30 daily. Some days they sneek in a little early around 1:16 pm. Just kidding, try google earth MDC website or Army corps of engineers websites. Welcome and good luck. :welcome:
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

If it ain't broke don't fix it
satguy
hunter

Postby kwacksmacker » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:34 am

you have moved to the arm pit of the duck hunting world in missouri. go south, hunt the big water when it freezes
totals for 09/10 season
5 bald eagles, 3 swans, 475 hen canvassbacks, 37 pintails, 400 teal blue wings and the season hasn't even started.
kwacksmacker
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Kraft Guy,
I live in Marshfield. Sadly, the freeze has sent most of our ducks south for the year and the geese seem stuck around KC to Columbia! PM me you number and I will call you and give you some places to try. I have to go to Jeff City for the rest of the week so ducks are over for me unless I get back before Sunday. We need to meet up and plan some hunts for next year before the freeze hits and I will show you some good spots. Have you tried Fellow's Lake yet?
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting