Check this out. Missouri Bill introduced.

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Check this out. Missouri Bill introduced.

Postby talltimber » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:46 pm

ttp://house.mo.gov/billtracking/bil...ro/HB0170I.htm

I hope this passes.

Or search this: KMALAND: Missouri lawmaker "up in arms"
talltimber
hunter

Re: Check this out. Missouri Bill introduced.

Postby kdog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:40 am

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2978712/posts

Along with 9 other states .......I like this state fork obama
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:04 am

I may not agree with all the gun laws that this administration wants to put in place, but why should we pass a law in Missouri that will just cause lawsuits and added expense for the state of Missouri to defend in court. Federal law supersedes state law and therefore the federal law still can and will be enforced at least by federal marshals. We have better ways in which the state could spend money rather than defend laws that the state passed knowing that they were in contradiction to federal law. The state will lose and it will be a waste of money. Spend that same money on education and programs geared toward preventing these acts of violence. Don't target the guns and legal gun owners, but instead provide the tools and means to help these sick people or at least tools to help better identify them and get them off the street.

This is part of the problem with politics. They love to waste money. Republicans or Democrats. Democrats have a spending problem, but republicans are going to waste money by passing stupid laws that won't stand up in court, and we have to waste our tax dollars defending them.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby satguy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 pm

This law will curb those usurping our constitution. To change the 2nd amendment it takes 2/3 majority in congress to pass it. Then it has to be ratified by 2/3 or 36 states by their house and senate. Not going to happen. So Obama is throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks. Cudos to missouri government. There is a reason we have 3 branches of government. The executive branch cannot make laws or executive orders to take our guns.
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

If it ain't broke don't fix it
satguy
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 pm

satguy wrote:This law will curb those usurping our constitution. To change the 2nd amendment it takes 2/3 majority in congress to pass it. Then it has to be ratified by 2/3 or 36 states by their house and senate. Not going to happen. So Obama is throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks. Cudos to missouri government. There is a reason we have 3 branches of government. The executive branch cannot make laws or executive orders to take our guns.

Like I said, I do not necessarily agree with the gun law recommendations of the administration, but this law will surely be challenged in court, and arresting and charging federal officials for enforcing federal laws? How does that make us safer?

Even if they do seem to be unconstitutional, they are still the law of the land until a federal court, or the supreme court says otherwise. That is exactly why we have 3 branches of Government.

I do not think it is a wise use of our limited resources (tax dollars) to pass laws that will be surely thrown out when challenged at the federal level. Why not use that money to challenge the laws that the federal Govt puts in place if you think they are wrong. I mean people are more worried about this than providing proper education funding to our children. It is asinine to waste money in this manner. I am so sick of people talking about how poorly the government spends our tax dollars (not pointing the finger at anyone on here, just a generalization), but then they support passing laws like this that will either be entirely thrown out or partially thrown out if challenged by the federal government. It is a waste of money and time. There are other ways in which to protest that do not waste my tax dollars.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Many of the state law makers have already stated for the record that the whole reason behind the bill is posturing and trying to send a message to the feds and that they know it will not hold up or be able to supercede federal law. In other words... A waste of time and money.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby talltimber » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Same reason a puff adder puffs, a dog raises its hackles. Lets the offenders know we ain't liking it.
I, and I assume most here, know fed overrides state law. Why lay down and take it. I'm not wired that way, and even if it does no good, I still like it. The one thing that it tells me, is that my state is thinking about this, and they ain't liking it either. Maybe it's a ploy by the state congress? Idk, don't care. I like a little moxie and backbone.
talltimber
hunter

Postby oktakem » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 pm

I think the 10th amendment comes into play. States rights. That is why we voted against obutthead care and setting up exchanges. That is what I have heard on KMOX and 97.1. Glenn Beck has stated the same on his show about Texas, which was one of the first to do this. In it it says "The powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." Here is a good article to read. Not very long.http://www.answers.com/topic/states-rights
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:35 pm

talltimber wrote:Same reason a puff adder puffs, a dog raises its hackles. Lets the offenders know we ain't liking it.
I, and I assume most here, know fed overrides state law. Why lay down and take it. I'm not wired that way, and even if it does no good, I still like it. The one thing that it tells me, is that my state is thinking about this, and they ain't liking it either. Maybe it's a ploy by the state congress? Idk, don't care. I like a little moxie and backbone.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the message they are sending but still in the long run, just a waste of time and money. On a good note, most of the leaders of Congress are saying there will not be enough support for the bans that Obama is asking for.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 2Longgone » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm

talltimber wrote:Same reason a puff adder puffs, a dog raises its hackles. Lets the offenders know we ain't liking it.

X10

At least it is making a statement for our state, silence equals agreement.

They are gonna waste money regardless and it may as well be for this cause.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 am

Talltimber-- not much to add about the Missouri Bill , but a few nights ago I was sweeping the snow off my front steps and a large African American male came walking down our street toward me and was about to pass in front of our house and my dogs came out to greet him. Coco walked right up to him and like allways was friendly , her pup Sadie is a lot more doniment and as you stated --Lets offenders know we ain't liking it . --He started screaming and caring on and asked if they bite ---I said NO ---(but she might if you sneek up me in my yard ); so I only half lied-- :biggrin: --Sorta like politics , most are half truths but if it raises questions or flags for something I disapprove of I'm for it !
BigMuddy
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting