Coon Island... SUX

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Coon Island... SUX

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm

coon island is all flooded out, boat acess only. is there any wade in areas to hunt nearby when its flooded out like this?
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Re: Coon Island... SUX

Postby 870shooter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:32 pm

What goes up must come down, same applies to water. Most of the rivers in SEMO flooded last weekend. They are probably all back in thier banks by now.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:35 pm

870, you think so? ima try to hit it in the morning. i was there tuesday and killed 2 shovelers. there wernt any green heads, teal, or anything other than shovelers and coots anywhere in sight. i just hope i can at least walk to where im trying to hunt lol. how fast does that river normally drop down there? you think pool 4 is less than 15 feet deep now???? lol. man, water is a love hate situation.
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

CUT'EM ALL JACK wrote:870, you think so? ima try to hit it in the morning. i was there tuesday and killed 2 shovelers. there wernt any green heads, teal, or anything other than shovelers and coots anywhere in sight. i just hope i can at least walk to where im trying to hunt lol. how fast does that river normally drop down there? you think pool 4 is less than 15 feet deep now???? lol. man, water is a love hate situation.

I really have no idea. I havent been there at all this year. Try and get ahold of Kevin or someone at Otter Slough, they also manage Coon Island.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampcrawler » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 pm

I know for a fact that tuesday there were 2000 or more pintails on the open hunting area.Also plenty of mallards.What pool did you hunt..My hunting partner hunted there tuesday he walked out with 4 greenheads and 2 pintails.It has been slow for the week before the rain but since it was on fire.But you are probably right there aren't any ducks down there.I was pulling your leg.Or maybe I wasn't.I also know that he limited out today on all ringnecks except 1 hooded merganzer.He hunted right against the levee in 3.There was a patch of corn on the east side where he consistantly does good.He stood in the strip of willows and placed his decoys in the open water between him and the corn..Thats as much as I know. :thumbsup:
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

I'd just wish it'd flood here --- all it does lately is freezing rain and snow-- :rolleyes:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 pm

oh, forgot about this post... ya, i went, and hit some feilds as the waster was going down, me and dad killed 9 total, 5 green heads, wigeon hen, gw teal drake, pintail drake (mine lol) and 1 mallard hen. wasnt too bad, actually best i have done at coon island. i was WRONG it DOESNT SUCK! unless you dont own a pair of waders lol
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting