Mackenzie Delta Specklebelly

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Mackenzie Delta Specklebelly

Postby Sprigs68 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 pm

I received this text from my youngest son this morning:

"I had a dream........ that we would shoot a band, and what do you know it came true. Thanks MLK."

He was off from high school today for MLK Day and went goose hunting with his best friend. They had around 150 specks set up on them and then drop in. They shot two a piece, one of which was banded. We reported the band this evening and found the bird was banded on the Mackenzie Delta in the Northwest Territories in 2009. That's around 2,600 miles from where it was taken. He's still pumped and I guess this will be a good candidate for some taxidermy.

Sprigs
Sprigs68
hunter

Re: Mackenzie Delta Specklebelly

Postby summit20 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:40 am

That is way cool! :clapping: Congrats to your son. One day I am sure he will never forget. :thumbsup: I like the taxidermy idea as well.
Summit20

No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often... T. Roosevelt
summit20
hunter

Re: Mackenzie Delta Specklebelly

Postby Sprigs68 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm

The banded Speck ended up being the largest and in the best shape of the 4, so we wrapped it up and will be taking it to the taxidermist this week-end! Had us some Specklebelly stir-fry last night, man was it tasty :)

Sprigs
Sprigs68
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting