SEMO 2013-2014 lease

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

SEMO 2013-2014 lease

Postby Webfeet15 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:51 pm

The group I hunt with and I are looking to get on a lease next season in SEMO. Need guaranteed water and crops and pit/blind would be nice. We have a fairly good amount of money to spend for a place that's consistent. Please shoot me a pm if you can help point me in the right direction. Thanks
Webfeet15
hunter

Re: SEMO 2013-2014 lease

Postby flipinnpitchin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

If you got a fair amount of money to spend then I would go south to Arkie land for a lease, aint no ducks in SEMO, atleast compaired to Arkansas ! you be better off there in my opinion
flipinnpitchin
hunter

Re: SEMO 2013-2014 lease

Postby rntmvp6 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 am

I dont agree with that at all. If you can find the right place, which sounds like you can if your group has money to play with then you should be fine. There are many places I would put up against Arkansas. You need to look at what works best for your group, which sounds like Mo. If you have the funds, being around Otter Slough would be a good choice. There are more farmers in that area that know the whole lease and duck hunting routine and stay with you till the end of season pumping water and helping manage the ground. Expect to pay 5-10 k for a place around there. As for Arkansas, there are great places there to but its hit and miss just as Mo is. I prefer Mo. but many others will not agree.
rntmvp6
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting