qd focus meeting

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

qd focus meeting

Postby kdog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Anyone go to the meetings ? i heard turn out was low ....also heard the south zone meeting got heated a few times !!!
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
User avatar
kdog
hunter
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: missery "The devil"


Re: qd focus meeting

Postby swampchicken » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Yep voted 90% quickdraw 10% poor line :welcome:
swampchicken
hunter
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:38 am
Location: central mo

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby CuivreDog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:58 pm

swampchicken wrote:Yep voted 90% quickdraw 10% poor line :welcome:


:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Brett
User avatar
CuivreDog
hunter
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:28 am
Location: Hawk Point, MO/Pool 24/Sunrise, MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby 870shooter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 pm

I was at one of the meetings. It never really got heated. I don't think much will come of it. :no: Only 6 people showed. They mainly asked for opinions on what was asked on the MDC SurveyMonkey survey. :huh: I didn't really see the point in having people that were almost certain to have filled out the survey online to tell them the same thing again, but that was about it. We were told that what was discussed was confidential so I will not give specifics. :fingerpt: Anyone that has heard me discuss the QD here knows exactly what I told them and I was not shy about it at all. :mad: Most that were there felt the same as I do. Some seemed to have stronger feelings of the same orientation as mine (if that's possible). One person was told he could not yell and curse any more. :yes: I promise it was not me!!! But I thought he made some good points while doing it!! I will not attach my usual signature on this post as it may give away details as to what I may have said. :lol3: :hammer:
870shooter
State Moderator
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 am

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby kdog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm

How can a public paid entity ,invite the public and have it a secret ? did you swear to secrecy ? what a joke .....have a meeting to do nothing to the system ...what a waste of tax payers money
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
User avatar
kdog
hunter
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: missery "The devil"

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:56 am

870shooter wrote:I was at one of the meetings. It never really got heated. I don't think much will come of it. :no: Only 6 people showed. They mainly asked for opinions on what was asked on the MDC SurveyMonkey survey. :huh: I didn't really see the point in having people that were almost certain to have filled out the survey online to tell them the same thing again, but that was about it. We were told that what was discussed was confidential so I will not give specifics. :fingerpt: Anyone that has heard me discuss the QD here knows exactly what I told them and I was not shy about it at all. :mad: Most that were there felt the same as I do. Some seemed to have stronger feelings of the same orientation as mine (if that's possible). One person was told he could not yell and curse any more. :yes: I promise it was not me!!! But I thought he made some good points while doing it!! I will not attach my usual signature on this post as it may give away details as to what I may have said. :lol3: :hammer:


Not asking for specifics, but did MDC respond in any way, or try to defend any of their actions or decisions? Or was it just a "Here are three topics - discuss..." kind of event?
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby 870shooter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 am

drummo wrote:
870shooter wrote:I was at one of the meetings. It never really got heated. I don't think much will come of it. :no: Only 6 people showed. They mainly asked for opinions on what was asked on the MDC SurveyMonkey survey. :huh: I didn't really see the point in having people that were almost certain to have filled out the survey online to tell them the same thing again, but that was about it. We were told that what was discussed was confidential so I will not give specifics. :fingerpt: Anyone that has heard me discuss the QD here knows exactly what I told them and I was not shy about it at all. :mad: Most that were there felt the same as I do. Some seemed to have stronger feelings of the same orientation as mine (if that's possible). One person was told he could not yell and curse any more. :yes: I promise it was not me!!! But I thought he made some good points while doing it!! I will not attach my usual signature on this post as it may give away details as to what I may have said. :lol3: :hammer:


Not asking for specifics, but did MDC respond in any way, or try to defend any of their actions or decisions? Or was it just a "Here are three topics - discuss..." kind of event?


It was a like this... Here are the things, the only things, that we are considering changing right now. What do you think about them? Which change do you think would make the most people happier with the QD?

Apparently they realize that the majority of people, or at least the ones that they hear from, are unhappy with the QD and they at least wanting to make the impression that they are concerned about what the public thinks and are trying to make it a better system. I guess we will see in 2015, from what I understand that is the soonest that any changes would be made.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 am

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:28 am

870shooter wrote:
drummo wrote:
870shooter wrote:I was at one of the meetings. It never really got heated. I don't think much will come of it. :no: Only 6 people showed. They mainly asked for opinions on what was asked on the MDC SurveyMonkey survey. :huh: I didn't really see the point in having people that were almost certain to have filled out the survey online to tell them the same thing again, but that was about it. We were told that what was discussed was confidential so I will not give specifics. :fingerpt: Anyone that has heard me discuss the QD here knows exactly what I told them and I was not shy about it at all. :mad: Most that were there felt the same as I do. Some seemed to have stronger feelings of the same orientation as mine (if that's possible). One person was told he could not yell and curse any more. :yes: I promise it was not me!!! But I thought he made some good points while doing it!! I will not attach my usual signature on this post as it may give away details as to what I may have said. :lol3: :hammer:


Not asking for specifics, but did MDC respond in any way, or try to defend any of their actions or decisions? Or was it just a "Here are three topics - discuss..." kind of event?


It was a like this... Here are the things, the only things, that we are considering changing right now. What do you think about them? Which change do you think would make the most people happier with the QD?

Apparently they realize that the majority of people, or at least the ones that they hear from, are unhappy with the QD and they at least wanting to make the impression that they are concerned about what the public thinks and are trying to make it a better system. I guess we will see in 2015, from what I understand that is the soonest that any changes would be made.

Thanks 870 - that was kinda what I expected, I guess.

It's too bad that they are unwilling to host just ONE open meeting to give folks the opportunity to vent and to actually FIX the problem. Seems like they are far more interested in just sweeping the problem under the rug, while making it possible to say...
"See, we listened! Now shut up and like it already!" :hammer:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby BigAL64 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:22 pm

2015!!!!!!

WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS CRAP FOR ANOTHER 2 SEASONS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL!!!! :no: :no: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This was supposed to be a 2 year...2YEAR!!! pilot program!!! HOW STUPID!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

AND thats a bunch of BULL tellin you to keep the meeting confidentual!! What a bunch of crap!!! What are they going to do throw you in JAIL!!! Those jackass's need it told what they are up too!! The MDC is nothing but a bunch of PRICKS!!!! :mad: :mad:
Last edited by BigAL64 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigAL64
hunter
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:14 pm
Location: on the X in Missouri

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

BigAL64 wrote:2015!!!!!!

WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS CRAP FOR ANOTHER 2 SEASONS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL!!!! :no: :no: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This was supposed to be a 2 year...2YEAR!!! pilot program!!! HOW STUPID!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:


Yeah, but...

"They listened! So shut up and like it already!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby BigAL64 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 pm

I will never like any thing those that are in charge o the waterfowl at MDC do!! It all started with that stupid EMD!!
BigAL64
hunter
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:14 pm
Location: on the X in Missouri

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:50 pm

BigAL64 wrote:2015!!!!!!

WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS CRAP FOR ANOTHER 2 SEASONS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL!!!! :no: :no: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This was supposed to be a 2 year...2YEAR!!! pilot program!!! HOW STUPID!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

AND thats a bunch of BULL tellin you to keep the meeting confidentual!! What a bunch of crap!!! What are they going to do throw you in JAIL!!! Those jackass's need it told what they are up too!! The MDC is nothing but a bunch of PRICKS!!!! :mad: :mad:



Well this pretty much expresses everything i was think!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2015!!!! Whatever year this bull started it was in Feb that they decided to do it!!! From scratch.... So you are telling me its going to take 3 more years to make any changes... BS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
User avatar
i_willie12
hunter
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Marshall MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby 870shooter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Oh heck, my bad :oops: . The changes they are considering right now, the ones discussed in the survey, could come about this year or next, I really don't remember which they said. It will be 2015 before any other changes are considered. Sorry for me saying that wrong. :sad:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 am

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 pm

870shooter wrote:Oh heck, my bad :oops: . The changes they are considering right now, the ones discussed in the survey, could come about this year or next, I really don't remember which they said. It will be 2015 before any other changes are considered. Sorry for me saying that wrong. :sad:

I understood what you meant...
But the fact remains that SOME form of this crap will remain... at ONLY those three locations... for AT LEAST two more years.
Amazing how fast they can move when THEY want to make a change. :yes:
Amazing how slow they move when WE want them to make a change. :fingerpt:

But, hey. At least they listened! :yes: :no: :mad:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:06 pm

870shooter wrote:Oh heck, my bad :oops: . The changes they are considering right now, the ones discussed in the survey, could come about this year or next, I really don't remember which they said. It will be 2015 before any other changes are considered. Sorry for me saying that wrong. :sad:


Ok like said its amazing how fast they can move when they want but drag their feet when its something they really dont wanta... :no: :no: Same at all state agencies they do it around here at work all the time! Do this now.... Oh we were wrong lets get to correcting that at some point...
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
User avatar
i_willie12
hunter
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Marshall MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby kdog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Go to mdc'c facebook page and givem hell !!!!
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
User avatar
kdog
hunter
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: missery "The devil"

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 pm

My blood pressure is high this last week from email representitive and congress man about all this gun law crap!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Dont care about MDC and them not caring about what we/I have to say At least from the politicians i get a reply, might be canned reply but its something!!!!!!!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
User avatar
i_willie12
hunter
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Marshall MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby kdog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Only negative reply i got was from claire ..go figure
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
User avatar
kdog
hunter
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: missery "The devil"

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby Sprigs68 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 pm

6 attendees hardly provide enough out cry to signify an MDC Anti-QD Massacre Movement.

Sprigs
User avatar
Sprigs68
hunter
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby BigMuddy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Sprigs68 wrote:6 attendees hardly provide enough out cry to signify an MDC Anti-QD Massacre Movement.

Sprigs

--------------------- :lol: ---and who's the cowboys and who's the indians ? Same thing as the ""zONE mEETINGS"----I quit going too.---- :no:
BigMuddy
hunter
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby BILLYGOAT » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 pm

i hate to say it but qd isnt going anywhere.they are going to make a few changes to try and make some people happy and give the rest of the people the feeling of being listened to but any hope of qd going away forever..well you can forget about that
BILLYGOAT
hunter
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:17 am

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby talltimber » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Sprigs68 wrote:6 attendees hardly provide enough out cry to signify an MDC Anti-QD Massacre Movement.

Sprigs

I have it on good authority that, like mentioned only six of the doz showed up (thanks to you knotheads who had your name in there and then didn't go). One of my buddies (not selected) rode along with an acquaintance (selected)of mine, wouldn't let him in. Six people showed and he sat outside for two hrs.
I hate MDC. Arrogant, secretive, over-bearing pricks.
Disclaimer: I hate the machine. They have some good people working for them in this area. They just aren't high enough to have any pull. A shame, it is.
Last edited by talltimber on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
talltimber
hunter
 
Posts: 1799
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:18 am
Location: SEMO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby talltimber » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:35 pm

kdog wrote:How can a public paid entity ,invite the public and have it a secret ? did you swear to secrecy ? what a joke .....have a meeting to do nothing to the system ...what a waste of tax payers money


They got plenty to waste. They wouldn't if I had my way. They'd be singing the blues. These meetings are just money pissed away. They know it, we know it, why do it?
User avatar
talltimber
hunter
 
Posts: 1799
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:18 am
Location: SEMO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby swampcrawler » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm

I love this qd has made hunting easier.You put your name in a computer, you get drawn ,you go to the ca tell them where your going to hunt.Then the hard work begins. You drive to the pool you got .You walk 200 or 300 yards from your car throw your decoys out and start shooting ducks.I wish they would get rid of places like os ,tmp, dc then let the chips fall where they may.MOST PEOPLE BITCH about what the mdc has done with qd and I for 1 am tired of hearing about it.I don't hear ANYONE of you thanking mdc employees for the hard work they do getting the places ready for you .Preparing the area for planting,planting,tilling moist soil areas.Working on the pumps ,flooding the fields.Then there is the weather they have to deal with floods,drought .and everything else they have to do.Then the season comes around.Those same guys that have busted there ass getting the place ready for duck season Now have to go to work everyday at 4 am and listen to people complain about how qd sucks if they didn't get drawn and are standing in the poorline .These employees do a thankless job for a bunch of unappreciating people that for most don't actually want to do the work that it takes to kill ducks that aren't in a duck park.So the next time you want to complain about what a lousy job mdc is doing .Stop and think about all they do for you, just so you can drive to your pool get out and walk a little ways and hunt.
swampcrawler
hunter
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:16 am

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby knockemdeadd » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:35 pm

swampcrawler wrote:I love this qd has made hunting easier.You put your name in a computer, you get drawn ,you go to the ca tell them where your going to hunt.Then the hard work begins. You drive to the pool you got .You walk 200 or 300 yards from your car throw your decoys out and start shooting ducks.I wish they would get rid of places like os ,tmp, dc then let the chips fall where they may.MOST PEOPLE BITCH about what the mdc has done with qd and I for 1 am tired of hearing about it.I don't hear ANYONE of you thanking mdc employees for the hard work they do getting the places ready for you .Preparing the area for planting,planting,tilling moist soil areas.Working on the pumps ,flooding the fields.Then there is the weather they have to deal with floods,drought .and everything else they have to do.Then the season comes around.Those same guys that have busted there ass getting the place ready for duck season Now have to go to work everyday at 4 am and listen to people complain about how qd sucks if they didn't get drawn and are standing in the poorline .These employees do a thankless job for a bunch of unappreciating people that for most don't actually want to do the work that it takes to kill ducks that aren't in a duck park.So the next time you want to complain about what a lousy job mdc is doing .Stop and think about all they do for you, just so you can drive to your pool get out and walk a little ways and hunt.


X 2

Now, can I share your fallout shelter when the bombs start falling? :hi:
knockemdeadd
hunter
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:38 pm
Location: St Louis

Next

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests