qd focus meeting

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 pm

kdog wrote:
mjcraig15 wrote:

But why did they choose EB, which has MANY fewer good spots than BB and MANY, MANY fewer than TS. I think there was a reason they did that. If you understand completely why they did that, could you please clue me in? :help: :biggrin:

Crowd control .........period

Wouldn't tear gas and batons be better for that? :lol3:

Meanwhile, at the MDC commisioner's office:
"I've just had a BRILLIANT idea. Add TEAR GAS and BATONS to the QD 2.0 wish list."
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter

Postby knockemdeadd » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:02 pm

kdog wrote:Just an FYI ,,More people pay for the areas than use the areas (non-hunters).....SAYING st louis /kansas hunters pay for the areas ,outside the hour radius of each area ,is in poor taste and just plain ignorance :welcome:

Take the non hunters tax away and see where every public area goes !!

And you would know all about poor taste, and ignorance :welcome:

The statement was made, about the larger cities paying for those areas(just like everybody else, only to more of an extent, because of demographics), to illustrate that the majority of the moneys come from there, and just like everyone, their wants should be included in the plan, just like the guy that lives within a one hour radius, and was definitely NOT an attack on the those same folks. Hope that clears it up for ya. Pretty sure you already knew this though, just like everybody else who is following this thread.
knockemdeadd
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm

kdog wrote:Here you go ..........Turn them all to QD AND this is how many will APPLY every DAY to each area maybe 400 hundred less due to otter gp and eb Would you rather apply for a 2 percent or less chance or poorline for a 30 percent chance ?
Qd is bad ......Your odds diminish substantially

2012 Waterfowl Reservation Success Rates
Percent Successful
AreaNo Area # Applied drawn
11 BK Leach CA..............2319 444
12 Bob Brown CA............2153 310
13 Columbia Bottom CA...1476 211 14.30%
14 Duck Creek CA...........2799 268 9.57%
16 Fountain Grove CA......3044 387 12.71%
17 Four Rivers CA...........1976 333 16.85%
19 Marais Temps Clair C..1596 125 7.83%
21 Montrose Ca..............730 59 8.08%
22 Nodaway Valley CA.....1319 129
24 Schell-Osage CA.........1687 854
26 Ted Shanks CA...........4142 633 15.28%
27 Ten Mile Pond CA.......2223 225 10.12%

And to your point kdog. Here are the QD 2012 results:

Quick Draw Success Rates

•Grand Pass (North Zone)
•Eagle Bluffs (Middle Zone)
•Otter Slough (Middle Zone).
2012 Results
2012 Quick Draw Results (Oct 27 through Jan 1)
Waterfowl Area Total Drawn Total Applicants % Successful
Grand Totals: 3,694 195,135 1.89 %
ADA Acuff Eagle Bluffs CA 59 698 8.45 %
ADA Grand Pass CA 59 727 8.12 %
ADA MWA Eagle Bluffs CA 30 39 76.92 %
ADA Otter Slough CA 59 494 11.94 %

Eagle Bluffs CA 578 22,697 2.55 %
Grand Pass CA 1,399 91,472 1.53 %
Otter Slough CA 1,510 79,008 1.91 %
2Longgone
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:23 pm

I love quickdraw and hope all areas go to it with the 80/20 split
swampchicken
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Hell I would even be happy with a 90/10 split on all areas
swampchicken
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm

swampchicken wrote:I love quickdraw and hope all areas go to it with the 80/20 split

swampchicken wrote:Hell I would even be happy with a 90/10 split on all areas

So tell us, where do you hunt besides the CAs because it is certain that you don't depend on them for a spot to hunt.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampchicken » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Well first off you have to be stupid if you are only relying on draw areas to hunt ducks. I hunt ducks 90 days a year and hunt a variety of places from draw areas to public waterways to nondraw areas to private land. So 870 do you only hunt mdc draw areas?
swampchicken
hunter

Postby kdog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 am

He doesnt depend on them ...but sure hunts them a lot Bwaaahh

Re: RESERVATIONS
swampcrawler wrote:
swampchicken wrote:
11/25
12/1
12/2
12/15
12/16
12/19
12/24
brown, shell, 4riv

how many peopl did you put in ?

A few but nothing like im going to put in for quickdraw!
by swampchicken
Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Forum: Missouri Duck Hunting
Topic: RESERVATIONS
Replies: 55
Views: 1073
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't Depend on them , but the Missouri WA's are a place you know is managed to attract waterfowl , other public places are not going to be as a reliable hunting spot . You might get dissappointed a lot without a backup plan . -- :shades:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm amazed that this thread has made it 10 pages without being locked or no one banned. :beer:
2Longgone
hunter

Postby knockemdeadd » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:31 pm

2Longgone wrote:I'm amazed that this thread has made it 10 pages without being locked or no one banned. :beer:

That almost sounds like a request for a new thread, so peeps dont have to sift through the B.S. :beer:

Wait, what am I saying, its ALL B.S. ! :evilbanana: :hijack:
knockemdeadd
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

kdog wrote:He doesnt depend on them ...but sure hunts them a lot Bwaaahh

Re: RESERVATIONS
swampcrawler wrote:
swampchicken wrote:
11/25
12/1
12/2
12/15
12/16
12/19
12/24
brown, shell, 4riv

I hunt more private land days than i do quickdraw area days.

how many peopl did you put in ?

A few but nothing like im going to put in for quickdraw!
by swampchicken
Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Forum: Missouri Duck Hunting
Topic: RESERVATIONS
Replies: 55
Views: 1073

I hunt more private land days than quickdraw days
swampchicken
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 pm

swampchicken wrote:Well first off you have to be stupid if you are only relying on draw areas to hunt ducks. I hunt ducks 90 days a year and hunt a variety of places from draw areas to public waterways to nondraw areas to private land. So 870 do you only hunt mdc draw areas?

Why yes I do probably about 95% of my hunting on draw areas and most all of the hunting I do is on weekends. May go to a non-draw area once or twice a year. Before the QD there was only one or two weekends a year where I would not get to hunt. Just what part of this makes me stupid? You better think before you answer Oh wise one, I happen to know quite a few people, some on here, that only hunt at draw areas.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampchicken » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:04 am

Guess your luck finally ran out weekend warrior. Let me guess that one weekend a year you didn't draw in was thanksgiving weekend. There are many areas in this state that are nondraw that provide excellent hunting. Why waste time trying to draw into quickdraw areas when you could kill limits and not have to draw. I really hope quickdraw goes 90/10 and all areas. Have fun trying to draw in next year 870.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm

swampchicken wrote:Guess your luck finally ran out weekend warrior. Let me guess that one weekend a year you didn't draw in was thanksgiving weekend. There are many areas in this state that are nondraw that provide excellent hunting. Why waste time trying to draw into quickdraw areas when you could kill limits and not have to draw. I really hope quickdraw goes 90/10 and all areas. Have fun trying to draw in next year 870.

Really love the conciet that your posts ooze. Weekend warrior huh? Sorry I have to work for a living and can not hunt 90 days during a 60 day season. Little thing called a family and bills and being fond of eating stops me from doing this. Got news, there is no way the QD is going 90/10. Most likely going 50/50 or less to QD. Yes, I know all about the many areas that are non-draw and provide excellent hunting. I have been to several. Have had some good hunts, more often have had a-holes set up 50 yards from me. Why waste time in draws when you can kill limits else where? What if killing a limit is not my number one concern? You "hoping QD goes 90/10" and telling me to "have fun trying to draw in next year" is about the same as me telling you "I hope all your spots dry up, get leased, or bought by someone else". I won't do this because I don't get my kicks being hateful and spiteful just for the sake of being an arse. Your holier than thou attitude is all too apparent and quite frankly sickining. But since I'm stupid none of this will matter to you.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 2Longgone » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:28 pm

swampchicken wrote:Guess your luck finally ran out weekend warrior. Let me guess that one weekend a year you didn't draw in was thanksgiving weekend. There are many areas in this state that are nondraw that provide excellent hunting. Why waste time trying to draw into quickdraw areas when you could kill limits and not have to draw. I really hope quickdraw goes 90/10 and all areas. Have fun trying to draw in next year 870.

And when QD does, watch all of the non draw areas fill up. Hell there has already been a increase in pressure on these once lesser known areas. It all comes around.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm

2Longgone wrote:

And when QD does, watch all of the non draw areas fill up. Hell there has already been a increase in pressure on these once lesser known areas. It all comes around.

:beer:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby talltimber » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:56 am

2Longgone wrote:

Absolutely. There's always been several on those areas early in the season, but I've noticed some guys I know going there more throughout the year.
talltimber
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 pm

It has been brought up before and some of what makes people mad about QD is location, location,location ! I choised to move to my wives small town in rural mid Missouri . Does it suck sometimes not having all what big cities have to offer , taking allmost a 30% cut in pay , and moving away from longtime friends and places I new what to expect from them ? Yes it did ! I've gained several things too , having family nearby , closer location to new good hunting areas ,housing cost allmost half and a general more freindlier people in a small town. QD and moving takes away a lot of the old ways I was use too , but think there is also things to be gained by it . Last season the only QD area I went to was EB , not sure what effect it had on other hunting areas . In 2015 when new changes by the MDC may happen again and I'll have to adjust my hunting . I'm just trying to fugure it out as life goes on , all I know for sure is that nothing ever , (no matter how much you want it too) , stays the same !-- :sad:

God Bless America
Big Muddy
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 pm

BigMuddy wrote:It has been brought up before and some of what makes people mad about QD is location, location,location ! I choised to move to my wives small town in rural mid Missouri . Does it suck sometimes not having all what big cities have to offer , taking allmost a 30% cut in pay , and moving away from longtime friends and places I new what to expect from them ? Yes it did ! I've gained several things too , having family nearby , closer location to new good hunting areas ,housing cost allmost half and a general more freindlier people in a small town. QD and moving takes away a lot of the old ways I was use too , but think there is also things to be gained by it . Last season the only QD area I went to was EB , not sure what effect it had on other hunting areas . In 2015 when new changes by the MDC may happen again and I'll have to adjust my hunting . I'm just trying to fugure it out as life goes on , all I know for sure is that nothing ever , (no matter how much you want it too) , stays the same !-- :sad:

God Bless America
Big Muddy

:thumbsup:
2Longgone
hunter

Postby MTI » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Wow , sure alot of moning and growning thruout this . Why not try and change your options by trying to save a few bucks thru the year so you can afford to join a good well ran hunting club and not have to deal with this public BS . Maybe cut back on the anuall beer and smoke money spent and use it to pursue your real passion of duck hunting . You might be suprised how much you save in a year .

Just Sayin !
MTI
hunter

Postby drummo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm

MTI wrote:Wow , sure alot of moning and growning thruout this . Why not try and change your options by trying to save a few bucks thru the year so you can afford to join a good well ran hunting club and not have to deal with this public BS . Maybe cut back on the anuall beer and smoke money spent and use it to pursue your real passion of duck hunting . You might be suprised how much you save in a year .

Just Sayin !

Wow. I never thought of that.

Of course, I'll also have to stop complaining about paying federal taxes and the federal government, and just buy my own small island in the pacific so I don't have to deal with any of that public B.S. Of course, I'll probably have to give up food and gas, since I don't smoke and drink, and islands are pretty expensive. Of course, I suppose I would be surprised how much money I'd save if I stopped eating and driving.

Thanks again for your piercing insight! :hi:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter

Postby talltimber » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 am

Yeah, drummo. That's all you gotta do. Er'body knows that once you get a private spot, that changes you're opinion on how the mdc areas are ran!
talltimber
hunter

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:43 am

talltimber wrote:Yeah, drummo. That's all you gotta do. Er'body knows that once you get a private spot, that changes you're opinion on how the mdc areas are ran!

That's all it takes to change my opinion? Then I'm surprised MDC hasn't found me a private spot yet! :yes:
drummo
hunter

Postby MTI » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Appearenlty Drummo its obviuos your G.E.D Isn't paying off for you . Kudo's to you for not smoking and drinking but I think you missed the point . I doubt you payed enough in taxes to warrant more than 1 hunt at an mdc area anyway ,or maybe you could pay more taxes so MDC can buy more land and spread everyone out a bit more . Point is if the system isn't working for you then change your approach . I hunted public for many years , got tierd of so made a commitment to do what I needed to try other options . I guess complaining just isn't my thing .Maybe spend some time trying to work with some land owners and earn some trust so you can hunt their property . Buy the way Guilligan found an Island real cheap and I know someone who is giving food stamps to alot of folks !!
MTI
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting