qd focus meeting

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 am

MTI wrote:Appearenlty Drummo its obviuos your G.E.D Isn't paying off for you . Kudo's to you for not smoking and drinking but I think you missed the point . I doubt you payed enough in taxes to warrant more than 1 hunt at an mdc area anyway ,or maybe you could pay more taxes so MDC can buy more land and spread everyone out a bit more . Point is if the system isn't working for you then change your approach . I hunted public for many years , got tierd of so made a commitment to do what I needed to try other options . I guess complaining just isn't my thing .Maybe spend some time trying to work with some land owners and earn some trust so you can hunt their property . Buy the way Guilligan found an Island real cheap and I know someone who is giving food stamps to alot of folks !!

You're sure right. My GED isn't doing a thing for me.

If you will read back a few pages, you'll indeed see that I make EXACTLY the point you are so eloquently trying to restate. Apparently, the poor communication tools my GED provided made me unable to get that message across with your obvious skill. Kudos to you for your superior intellect and rapier wit.

Unfortunately, I was raised in a country where government was supposed to be "by the people, for the people". That seems to be a real handicap in this country, where government is all about doing it "TO the people". I apologize for my outdated mode of thinking, which believes that government should be the servant, and not the master.

I suppose I'll need to touch base with the dozen or so farmers I call friends and let them know that I won't be hunting their private spots any longer, as I'll soon have a spot in the pacific where I won't need to be bothered by any of this public BS.

But MAN am I hungry right now. You know, 24 hours with no food, and walking everywhere you go will do a number on you. But I've already saved $42.21. I suspect I'll have that island in no time. Can't thank you enough for helping me figure it all out.

P.S. I'll be sure to say hi to "Guilligan" for you if I see him!
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm


Re: qd focus meeting

Postby BigMuddy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 am

Hell with gilligan , you need too import a Mary Ann and Ginger --- :yes:
BigMuddy
hunter
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby kdog » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:13 am

Drummo ...thats the attitude you need over on MDC page !!! lol
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
User avatar
kdog
hunter
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: missery "The devil"

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am

BigMuddy wrote:Hell with gilligan , you need too import a Mary Ann and Ginger --- :yes:

That does NOT sound like a way to save more money... I only want to pursue my real passion of duck hunting.

BigMuddy - Could you PLEASE try to be a little more helpful with your posts? I would also appreciate it if you would refrain from mentioning food products until I have my island purchased. Mentioning "ginger" on here just makes me hungrier, and by God, I think I'd even eat ginger right now if I had the opportunity. Thanks in advance.
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 am

kdog wrote:Drummo ...thats the attitude you need over on MDC page !!! lol

Sorry kdog. My GED skills just won't cut it over there. Plus, it's a waste of time now that I'm purchasing an island. If MTI is right, you should probably buy one, too. But I'll let him explain it all to you... my GED toting self would just screw it all up for you.

By the way...you don't suppose I could borrow a cup of ginger?
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:55 am

drummo wrote:
kdog wrote:Drummo ...thats the attitude you need over on MDC page !!! lol

Sorry kdog. My GED skills just won't cut it over there. Plus, it's a waste of time now that I'm purchasing an island. If MTI is right, you should probably buy one, too. But I'll let him explain it all to you... my GED toting self would just screw it all up for you.

By the way...you don't suppose I could borrow a cup of ginger?


If you borrow a cup of ginger, then you will have to pay it back and you will not be saving your money. :lol3:
User avatar
mjcraig15
hunter
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: Hazelwood, MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby MTI » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 am

So blamming the government for the fact that you don't have a top notch place to shoot duck's seemd hardly worth while to me. Not real interested in discusing politics . Today is today , tomorrow is what you make it .
Good luck with your endevor to change the system .
MTI
hunter
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 am

MTI wrote:So blamming the government for the fact that you don't have a top notch place to shoot duck's seemd hardly worth while to me. Not real interested in discusing politics . Today is today , tomorrow is what you make it .
Good luck with your endevor to change the system .



It's not lack of a top notch place to shoot ducks. It is over-regulation of public land that is paid for by you, me and anyone else that buys stuff in Missouri. They are restricting access for us. If we are paying for the land, then we should be allowed to use it more than once a season. I and we all understand there are other options out there. Some are feasible, some are not. I do not have the resources even if I saved all year to put the money into a duck club. Why should I spend thousands on a duck club, when I have two kids that need shoes, clothes, and food. I would rather my kids have decent things than me have a nice place to hunt, and my kids have to wear all hand me downs or goodwill clothes just so I can enjoy my sport. (nothing wrong with hand me downs or goodwill and my kids do wear some hand me downs) I spend a crap ton of money on equipment, shells, gas, and etc.... already to hunt. I don't need to go dropping a couple thousand more on a lease or club. I love duck hunting and it is probably my favorite thing to do, but there are limits to what I am willing to sacrifice for it. My family comes first and always will. If I had alot of extra money lying around, I would be putting it towards a college fund for my kids. I guess I could have just put my dog to sleep last year and not even tried to fix her health and that would have saved me the $2000 dollars for the duck club. Hell, I guess I should tell my son, sorry you can't play baseball this year, daddy needs a private place to hunt.

Just because you have the extra money floating around and no other responsibilities to spend it on, doesn't mean everyone does.
User avatar
mjcraig15
hunter
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: Hazelwood, MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:27 am

mjcraig15 wrote:
drummo wrote:
kdog wrote:Drummo ...thats the attitude you need over on MDC page !!! lol

Sorry kdog. My GED skills just won't cut it over there. Plus, it's a waste of time now that I'm purchasing an island. If MTI is right, you should probably buy one, too. But I'll let him explain it all to you... my GED toting self would just screw it all up for you.

By the way...you don't suppose I could borrow a cup of ginger?


If you borrow a cup of ginger, then you will have to pay it back and you will not be saving your money. :lol3:

Actually, I was thinking of borrowing a cup of ginger from you to pay kdog back... at least I learned ONE trick from the government. :yes:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

drummo wrote:
mjcraig15 wrote:
drummo wrote:
kdog wrote:Drummo ...thats the attitude you need over on MDC page !!! lol

Sorry kdog. My GED skills just won't cut it over there. Plus, it's a waste of time now that I'm purchasing an island. If MTI is right, you should probably buy one, too. But I'll let him explain it all to you... my GED toting self would just screw it all up for you.

By the way...you don't suppose I could borrow a cup of ginger?


If you borrow a cup of ginger, then you will have to pay it back and you will not be saving your money. :lol3:

Actually, I was thinking of borrowing a cup of ginger from you to pay kdog back... at least I learned ONE trick from the government. :yes:



:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
mjcraig15
hunter
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: Hazelwood, MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 am

MTI wrote:So blamming the government for the fact that you don't have a top notch place to shoot duck's seemd hardly worth while to me.

You're probably right. But it doesn't cost anything, which cuts back significantly on my entertainment budget, thus saving significant island cash for me! :thumbsup:
MTI wrote:Not real interested in discusing politics . Today is today , tomorrow is what you make it .

As long as this country is free, that will be the case. Of course, with no one paying attention to politics, that may not be the case for much longer.
MTI wrote:Good luck with your endevor to change the system .

And good luck to you with your lease and your quickdraws. May you never tire of entering nine digit numbers.
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 am

mjcraig15 wrote:...I do not have the resources even if I saved all year to put the money into a duck club.

Then you should take up drinking and smoking. I read that on the internet. You're welcome. :thumbsup:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby kdog » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Im all out of ginger ...cant say ive ever had a ginger ..dang it !!
Anyone have a couple of bucks to go in on this one ? ive been saving up !!!!

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?c ... tmid=23111
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
User avatar
kdog
hunter
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: missery "The devil"

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:52 pm

I think I have 10 dollars to spare, but I should be putting that aside for my lease that I am going to get be getting so I can stop complaining about the QD and will love it then. :lol3:
User avatar
mjcraig15
hunter
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: Hazelwood, MO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby MTI » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself guy's , have some faith . Maybe someday you'll be somebody . Life is tough when all ya do is complain !
MTI
hunter
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

MTI wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself guy's

I may be wrong, but I don't think that's who I'm being so hard on here. :yes:
MTI wrote: have some faith . Maybe someday you'll be somebody .

One can certainly hope so. In fact, I dream for the day when I'll be able to obey my tagline. :eek:
MTI wrote:Life is tough when all ya do is complain !

It's even tougher when all six of your stellar posts on this site consist of "complaining" about guys who are complaining. Congratulations, no one has come close to that record since moneymaker! :thumbsup:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby MTI » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Ok, I give up , you win ! I'm off to the Caribbean for a couple weeks
( again ) . Maybe I'll find you an island you can afford .
Hate to miss all the fun but I'll be thinkin bout ya .
BYE !!
MTI
hunter
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby knockemdeadd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:29 pm

If you get an island, and he dont want it, I'll take it :hi:
knockemdeadd
hunter
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:38 pm
Location: St Louis

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby 870shooter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 pm

mjcraig15 wrote:It's not lack of a top notch place to shoot ducks. It is over-regulation of public land that is paid for by you, me and anyone else that buys stuff in Missouri. They are restricting access for us. If we are paying for the land, then we should be allowed to use it more than once a season. I and we all understand there are other options out there. Some are feasible, some are not. I do not have the resources even if I saved all year to put the money into a duck club. Why should I spend thousands on a duck club, when I have two kids that need shoes, clothes, and food. I would rather my kids have decent things than me have a nice place to hunt, and my kids have to wear all hand me downs or goodwill clothes just so I can enjoy my sport. (nothing wrong with hand me downs or goodwill and my kids do wear some hand me downs) I spend a crap ton of money on equipment, shells, gas, and etc.... already to hunt. I don't need to go dropping a couple thousand more on a lease or club. I love duck hunting and it is probably my favorite thing to do, but there are limits to what I am willing to sacrifice for it. My family comes first and always will. If I had alot of extra money lying around, I would be putting it towards a college fund for my kids. I guess I could have just put my dog to sleep last year and not even tried to fix her health and that would have saved me the $2000 dollars for the duck club. Hell, I guess I should tell my son, sorry you can't play baseball this year, daddy needs a private place to hunt.

Just because you have the extra money floating around and no other responsibilities to spend it on, doesn't mean everyone does.


:clapping: I know right where ya are coming from Mark. The sad thing is that most peole that give the wonderful bits of advice like we recieved here will answer a post like yours with something that amounts to "well you should get a better job" or "you should have chosen a better career or profession". Me, I'm a "weekend warrior" because I have to work for a living. The person that tried to insult me with this label has no clue. Even if I could hunt every day of the week, my favorite hunting partner is a 16 yr old that goes to school. I guess that makes him a "weekend warrior" too. 99% of the time I am not going to go hunting if he can't go with me. Watching him call, work and shoot one duck means more to me than me killing a hundred limits. I know you understand this even though it is a concept that eludes many. I guess some people don't realize how arrogant and egotistic it makes them sound when they give advice like this to people who they don't know. We all have our own different reasons for why we do and don't do certain things. :thumbsup:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 am

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 am

MTI wrote:Ok, I give up , you win !

Ya think? :wink:
MTI wrote:I'm off to the Caribbean for a couple weeks ( again ).

Say hi to Mr. and Mrs. Howell for us. I hear you three have a cruise ship all to yourselves? :hi:
MTI wrote:Maybe I'll find you an island you can afford .

I'm up to $87.23 in my account. But kdog didn't come through with the ginger, so I had to eat my left shoe. Let's just say there are some issues with the island diet. Kdog, any chance I could borrow a left shoe? :yes:
MTI wrote:Hate to miss all the fun but I'll be thinkin bout ya . BYE !!

Man love is a dangerous thing. But I've heard they have treatment options... :eek:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:48 am

knockemdeadd wrote:If you get an island, and he dont want it, I'll take it :hi:

Oh I want it. But the stress of the island diet may make me take up drinking and smoking before this is over. In which case, I'll be unable to afford my one true passion, and will have to put up with a lot of public BS. And with my GED issues, I'm unlikely to ever compete with MTI in a competitive global marketplace.

I'm trying not to complain... but... :violin:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:59 am

870shooter wrote:Watching him call, work and shoot one duck means more to me than me killing a hundred limits.

I call public BS on this one. A weekend warrior isn't going to draw in more than 50% of the time, and with only 8 weekends in a season, that means that you're looking at only 8 limits per season, maximum. That means it would take AT LEAST 13 years to shoot a hundred limits of ducks, so your 16 year old would have had to go with you since he was 3 in order for you to have a fair comparison of 100 limits for you = one duck for him. Nobody in their right mind takes a 3 year old duck hunting. You seem to be in your right mind. Ergo => public BS.

I learned that on the internet. You're welcome. :biggrin:
870shooter wrote:I guess some people don't realize how arrogant and egotistic it makes them sound when they give advice like this to people who they don't know.

You should stop complaining. Or take up drinking and smoking. I learned that on the internet as well. You're welcome. :yes:
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby talltimber » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am

Hahaha. drummo from the shadows. Who knew?
User avatar
talltimber
hunter
 
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:18 am
Location: SEMO

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby drummo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:19 am

talltimber wrote:Hahaha. drummo from the shadows. Who knew?

Sorry tall. He just rubbed me the wrong way. And I've had about enough of folks telling me to shut up and like it already. :mad:

Too much?
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - anonymous
drummo
hunter
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: qd focus meeting

Postby talltimber » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Absolutely not. Roll on, brutha.
User avatar
talltimber
hunter
 
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:18 am
Location: SEMO

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests