snows

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

snows

Postby ccdrake88 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 am

Are there good numbers of snows hanging around in the boothill area? Its been a rough duck season, so I was looking to extend my season a little longer and try to kill some snows? any help would be appreciated, i looked for survey on the Missouri sight but didnt have any luck.
"cut em!"
Days hunted- 5
Kentucky geese-83 Bands:1
Kentucky ducks-50
Kentucky snows-1
ccdrake88
hunter

Re: snows

Postby Boom-Boom » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 am

Yes...there is quite a few!
Boom-Boom
hunter

Postby ccdrake88 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:58 am

Good deal, do you hunt them Boom-Boom?
"cut em!"
Days hunted- 5
Kentucky geese-83 Bands:1
Kentucky ducks-50
Kentucky snows-1
ccdrake88
hunter

Postby Boom-Boom » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Yes
Boom-Boom
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

How's the crappie fishing on KY lake. Are the 2 pounders biting and how deep are they now.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:02 pm

We changed some things around because we didn't like you oos'ers fishing our honey holes for free. Now it's a long shot if you will even get to wet a line. :thumbsup:........oh wait that's they way missouri treats oos'ers. My fault, happy fishing.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:16 pm

KyFowl20 wrote:We changed some things around because we didn't like you oos'ers fishing our honey holes for free. Now it's a long shot if you will even get to wet a line. :thumbsup:........oh wait that's they way missouri treats oos'ers. My fault, happy fishing.

:umm: Holy Sni-kees, that's gonna leave a mark!!! :lol3:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 2Longgone » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:42 pm

KyFowl20 wrote:We changed some things around because we didn't like you oos'ers fishing our honey holes for free. Now it's a long shot if you will even get to wet a line. :thumbsup:........oh wait that's they way missouri treats oos'ers. My fault, happy fishing.

Ahhhh, KY lake must have gone to QD method for boat launches. :lol: :lol:
2Longgone
hunter

Postby talltimber » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Ain't stopped you from coming though has it?
talltimber
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am

Every time i'm at tmp the kentucky plates outnumber mo plates at least 2 to 1 It's becoming a kentucky hunting club.What i don't get is all that ground east of wickliffe and between wickliffe and the river why you all come to missouri.Looks like it would be good especially after you pass west vaco heading towards mayfield .Just wondering not trying to be a jerk .They are catching crappie in about 2O TO 25 trolling small crank baits.Sorry i can't tell you anymore then that .Just what i've heard,my dad lives on blood river but he's been in florida for the last month and a half and just got back.He hasn't been yet. :thumbsup: i need to get over there and try some crappie fishing myself
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am

half the land you see coming from missouri into ky is all private and grassy lake hunt club owns it or leases it. passing west vaco heading to mayfield I dont even know of a single public piece of land in those parts, drought killed alot of peoples places until the last 2 weeks of season.

I didnt step foot in your state all year this season. But know a ton that did. They go to TMP and if they get in they hunt there if they dont they go to their leases which is all around tmp and some drive back to wickliffe to ballard wma and hunt in private places around there.

qd changed alot for the people going to otter as far as the odds of getting in but just as many still go and stand in the poor line because ky season isnt in yet.

come hunt and fish all you want.

blood river is a good diver area if thats your thing.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby talltimber » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 am

Personally, I don't have a problem with oos guys. I hunt oos a little, and hope to do more of it in the future. I think oosers should be able to put in on the qd also. It's a cluster already, what's a few more thousand gonna hurt.
talltimber
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 pm

I don't know how a Snow Goose thread got to be a OOS thread -- :hijack: --by KY I guess ? But I did hear a few thousand Snow Geese flying over mid MO today when out running the dogs . Cloudy so I couldn't see them flying up at 5,000 ft , but it sounded like a lot !
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 pm

BigMuddy wrote:I don't know how a Snow Goose thread got to be a OOS thread -- :hijack: --by KY I guess ? But I did hear a few thousand Snow Geese flying over mid MO today when out running the dogs . Cloudy so I couldn't see them flying up at 5,000 ft , but it sounded like a lot !

I'd say it was in response to this:

"Re: snows
by 2Longgone ยป Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 pm

How's the crappie fishing on KY lake. Are the 2 pounders biting and how deep are they now"

But that's ok, I just threw out a response to what I considered an internet scouter seeking some free information. Me being the SA that I am, couldn't resist doing some scouting of my own. :lol:

You don't have to drive far in SE Missouri to find the snows, they are everywhere. I hope those KY boys come over and slaugher them all. They can probably see them from across the river, if they just look.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm

killed 24 on public, and private combined yesterday. they havent all moved north yet, im sure that they are still gonan be around even in april.
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby KSRedleg » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:02 pm

:lol:

Just in case you missed it the 3rd time, he killed 24 snows yesterday. :hi:
So far this year.....
10 Blonds
20 Brunettes
6 Redheads

;)
KSRedleg
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 am

Took the pup Sadie out for some upland hunting before squrriel and rabbit season closed and she did excellent ! So proud of her she might get me back into quail hunting again ! Now never take a dog out without her being trained for retieving waterfowl first , then I'll take them out upland hunting because I like to have a well rounded dog that includes hunting/retrieving anything I shoot anywhere I shoot. I saw her pointing at robins in the yard when she was only about 13 weeks old and knew she might be a good quail dog . I never encouraged her to point , I never trained her to be a pointing dog , I trained her to be a waterfowl retriever first but I had to know how she was on upland game . She worked a close zig zag pattern and never got out of gun range and pointed a covey of quail , pretty good for a 9 month Lab pup I thought .------Oh yeah I allmost forgot !-- :rolleyes: - I saw a bunch of snows just a few hundred yards up circling down and landing nearby . I'll try and see where they are landing next week. and Jack killed 24 the day after yestewrday---- :beer:--- :hi:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 pm

lol, actually, i recounted..... i brought 25 snows to jesus that day! lol
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting