Jacked Up Jet Sled

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Jacked Up Jet Sled

Postby MOduckMOfun » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:29 pm

For anyone out there that uses a jet sled for hunting, have you ever considered adding wheels to it? Often times, when a boat won't do, it's nice to have a jet sled. But, it'd be nicer if it had wheels to haul it across dry areas/fields, etc. Has anyone seen plans for anything like this? I've seen carts that you can load a jet sled onto, but I'd rather just have the wheels attached.
MOduckMOfun
hunter

Re: Jacked Up Jet Sled

Postby SKDuckhunt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:28 am

wheels really struggle in mud and snow.. you will regret a permanent mounting of wheels
SKDuckhunt
SKDuckhunt
hunter

Postby wcbm8d » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 am

Agreed. I know they can get heavy. But adding wheels makes things a lot worse ... Mud, get hung up on sticks and weeds and stuff
wcbm8d
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 pm

I would put some dirt bike tires on it ,but when put a axle or bar extend it out from the side of the sled at least six inches to keep mud build up down .Also do not use fenders
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:12 am

ratchet strap a set of canoe hauler wheels to it. take off when not in use, simple
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby MOduckMOfun » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks guys. Fowlhabit4, I like your suggestion, although everyone else makes a good point about the mud. I just walked through a lot of dry areas this year dragging a jet sled and thought wheels may have come in handy. But I like the option of being able to have them on temporarily.
MOduckMOfun
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting