A suprising 1st this year

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

A suprising 1st this year

Postby cwilson » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 pm

This year no one in our group killed a boot lip!!! I know its hard to believe and it almost feels wrong but we didn't even have any come into our decoys! I kept waiting for it to happen but it never did. This is the 1st season I can remember when we haven't shot 1 of those mud suckers.
cwilson
hunter

Re: A suprising 1st this year

Postby talltimber » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Shovelers saved the hunt for me a time or two. Plenty of them around this year for us.
talltimber
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 pm

Three years ago on the last day of the north zone sitting in my layout boat at Smithville Lake on the only open channel and I was buzzed by dozens of shovelers low to the deck about 30yds out , and I didn't a hit single one --- :hammer: -- Kinda sucked , but polling myself back to the put in (because my mud motor got broke the day before) I found a tackle box full of lures on the bottom of the lake in the shallows . So it was a bad, good ,bad , good last day of the season !
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby knockemdeadd » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Yep, we got our share :yes:
knockemdeadd
hunter

Postby kwacksmacker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Didn't see as many as usual down this way but we did have a couple unmerciful beatings on them this year
totals for 09/10 season
5 bald eagles, 3 swans, 475 hen canvassbacks, 37 pintails, 400 teal blue wings and the season hasn't even started.
kwacksmacker
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

killed 2 drakes, (smiling mallards lol), they were mixed in with some mallards believe it or not lol
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting