If QD was Extended to All CA's State-wide...

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

If QD was Extended to All CA's State-wide...

Postby Sprigs68 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm

What would be your top three picks and why?

Mine would be:
1 - Duck Creek, I like hunting there and could hunt with my sons going to school at SEMO.
2 - Ted Shanks, not too far away and like the way it is set up.
3 - EB, I like the segregated pools and not too far away either.

I'm sure you could look at these picks and analyze whether or not I'm left eye dominate, what side of the blind I hunt from or even if I blow a double or single reed?
Sprigs68
hunter

Re: If QD was Extended to All CA's State-wide...

Postby swampchicken » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Would only put in for the closest one because I don't waste my time driving to hunt ducks. If I had to drive very far I would quit duck hunting. :clapping:
swampchicken
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 pm

1. Duck creek. First place I ever hunted. Love the timber plus with a 6 year old it is nice to have a blind for them.
2. Ted shanks. Not too far. 1.5 - 2 hours.
3. Otter.

Poor line at the local CAs 15 min away.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Seems a lot like the OC---I might have to make a trip down there--- :beer: -- First and second would be the same as now TS and EB , thirdI guess would be OC or GP or DC ? Just because I'd like to try hunting down there ---some year soon I'd like to try some southern hunting like AR or LA , but that's the closest I'd get for awhile . GP because I've never drawn in there, if QD draw got me the top few draws there I might even weaken my no QD mind . -- :biggrin: -- :drool: Not too rain on anyones parade but you know having all the CA's NOT going BE QD within a few years is a lost cause . Its what's going to happen , the MDC has just been baby spoon feeding it for a few years and next step is all CA's are going to be QD and best we can hope for is common sense by the MDC on running it . I talked to a MDC agent who was checking my Fishing Lic /trout permit; who's a duck hunter. I told him what we talked about on here and he basically agreed , told him that the Joe Avg duck hunter would at least like a 50/50 split in the draw and I wanted more walk in areas and he remitted that he remember before the draws at WA's and he liked that best .-- :thumbsup:
BigMuddy
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting