Heads up Missouri

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Heads up Missouri

Postby old1neck » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 pm

What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Re: Heads up Missouri

Postby kdog » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:40 pm

I lost all my guns boating this year ...Never to be seen again
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

So basically, they are trying to steal these guns from law abiding citizens. It doesn't say anything about compensation. That ain't going to fly. I personally don't own any of these, and prolly never will, but that is a bunch of B.S. Everybody sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 am

Mine are right next to Kdogs -- :yes:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby Team Kabob » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:44 am

Team Kabob
hunter

Postby old1neck » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 am

Team Kabob wrote:http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/billpdf/intro/HB0545I.PDF

Look at the first section on page 3
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby talltimber » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:21 pm

I've already sent a note to my rep. concerning this. He lives not far from me, and has an enforcement background. I asked him what he thinks about it. I'm not holding my breath for an answer, but I hope he does.
talltimber
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Sent note to my rep.

I am writing you to request that you do not support and vote no on House Bill NO. 545. I do not currently own any assault weapons, and do not plan on owning any, but I am a lawful firearm owner and avid duck hunter. The assault weapons are not what is killing people. It is people that are killing people. I believe we need to address the issues by going down the path of improving mental health facilities and opportunities for people to get help. Additionally, I do not have a problem with restricting access to weapons in general through increase background checks including mental health records. Taking firearms away from lawful gun owners and making criminals of them is not the answer. All that will accomplish is creating added burden on our legal system. I agree that violence is an issue, but guns are not the source of the problem, but are simply a tool that is being used just as a knife or a sword, or any other item could be used to kill someone. Do they provide a means to do damage quickly? Yes. There are also many other ways in which a large amount of damage can be done without the use of firearms such as was done with the Oklahoma city bombing, but we have not banned Ryder trucks or fertilizer because of this. With the internet there are countless ways in which a mentally unstable person could find ways in which to do damage. We need to treat the root of the problem. People kill people drinking and driving, but we have not outlawed cars have we? No, what we have done is to send people to AA, take away their opportunities to have a driver's license, or jail.

Thank you from a fellow democrat.

Mark
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby oktakem » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Almost certainly this bill is doa, never make it out of committee. What is scary is that we actually have politicians, and the idiot citizens who keep voting for them, that back this kind of crap! Remember the US Supreme court DID NOT vote unanimous on our right to bear arms. If I am correct it was 5-3 with one abstention? Not sure. That is some scary stuff. Hopefully the SC rules that the hearing they had today on obuttheads forgery goes to trial. We will almost certainly be looking at impeachment if it goes that far. Then the assault on our constitution as a whole will at least be slowed. Otherwise we are in BIG trouble.
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 pm

oktakem wrote:Almost certainly this bill is doa, never make it out of committee. What is scary is that we actually have politicians, and the idiot citizens who keep voting for them, that back this kind of crap!

X2

It has already been put out that, just like in the US Congress, there is not enough support for this or any gun ban.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm

heres the other catch... if its the "7 shot or more" rule that means .22's, lever actions, etc etc etc.... it aint gonna happen, it is deemed unconstitutional, but if thoose idots promoteing this some how did get it passed, it would be civil war and who is gonna win? thoose with guns or without??? lol oh ya, btw, my guns got burnt, in a house fire, and i scraped all the barrels. what a shame... yes my glock especially is gone lol.
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby oktakem » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:34 am

You may want to see what Colorado did last night. They voted to ban certain magazines and some other things. Just caught a snipet on the news. They thought it wouldn't pass there too!! I think we are much safer but......I personally think anyone who buys a gun should go through a background check even at gun shows. What worries me is that the government has control of who passas and fails. Will they at some point start failing people therefore taking a possible gun away by not allowing the purchase? Background checks are the only things I can agree with, the rest of their ideas they can leave on the Titanic!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby satguy1963 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 pm

We are fortunate enough here in MO. to have a super majority in both the house and senate by the GOP and this gun grab bill will never see the light of day. The reps who introduced the bill should be voted out of office and or brought up on charges of sedition. The same bill is being introduced in other states word for word by the libtards. On another note, gun manufacturers are lining up to deny their weapons to the government entities of states who are denying their law abiding citizens the same weapons that they use. 2 states in particular are California and New York. there are 5 or 6 so far and also cheaper than dirt who sells accy's and ammo. We need to support these companys. :thumbsup:
satguy1963
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm

I AGREE SATGUY!!!! seriouslly, the libtards? :clapping: lol i love it! lol
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Well my answer is on the bumper or tailgate of all my vehicals " I 'm the NRA , and I Vote" -- :yes: -- Think the NRA needs a good new younger President and spoke person , I wasn't impressed much by Wayne Perrie during the congressional gun control hearings a week or so ago.
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby oktakem » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 am

I saw that about Cheaper Than Dirt this morning on FB. Be nice to see other bigger retailers like Cabela's and Bass Pro join them. Then maybe the media would report it? Naaa they are for the most part liberal (libtards) supporting. We have a paper here in St. Louis, the Post Disgrace that loves this president and the anti-gun fruitcakes. Article today pretty much supports Feinsteins gun grab. The pro-gun side gets one paragraph at the very end. Never promotes anything pro-gun it seems. When there is a shooting in self defense it gets reported as a suspect was shot just don't mention in self defense like the shooter was the criminal. Except for the Sunday paper (my wife likes the ads and coupons) we cancelled our subscription for the daily.
oktakem
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Manufacturer responds to Colorado gun bill:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02 ... reds-jobs/

A package of gun control measures that won initial approval in Colorado's Democratic-controlled House Friday night could result in several hundred jobs lost at the state's largest manufacturer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Erie-based Magpul Industries has threatened to leave the state if lawmakers are successful in passing the sweeping gun-control package, which limits the number of rounds a magazine can hold, according to The Denver Post.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02 ... z2LBlmSbrf

More seperation throughout the country, there will be gun states and anti gun states. Just another ploy by B. O. to get this country turned completely upside down.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 pm

mjcraig15 wrote:So basically, they are trying to steal these guns from law abiding citizens. It doesn't say anything about compensation. That ain't going to fly. I personally don't own any of these, and prolly never will, but that is a bunch of B.S. Everybody sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches.

yup, so when the criminals still have their guns they know a lot of people wont and they will barge right in and rob you for everything you have while you wait 30min for a cop with an AR to show up.

look at places that have AR bans, and gun bans...... they actually have MORE violence! as well guns are not the problem, more people are killed with hammers every year than AR's.

After Australia put their gun ban in to effect, their crime rate almost doubled.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 pm

i agree :thumbsup: i just dont undertand how thoose gun banning idiots cant see that. i mean really, if a criminal is going to kill someone do you think they care if its illegal for them to use a gun? nno!: THEY ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE... THEY DONT GIVE A HOOT ABOUT WHAT LAWS THEY BRAKE JACK!!! :sniper:
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting