fully guided snow goose hunt in Dexter

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

fully guided snow goose hunt in Dexter

Postby semohunter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Alright guys I have a fully housed snow goose hunt for this Sunday with two spots open my spot and my buddy can't go. Need someone to fill the spots thought I would post here to see if anyone was interested hunt is $125.00 all you bring is a gun shells and lunch. Hope some one can help me out here chem hunting with this guide service for a few years and always do good pm Me for more info
semohunter
hunter

Re: fully guided snow goose hunt in Dexter

Postby greenheadsmoker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Should be a hell of a hunt down there with all the snow coming in from the north!
greenheadsmoker
hunter

Postby semohunter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 am

Yeah I know is disputing I can't go I wish someone could help me out and full two spotsshould be a great hunt
semohunter
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 pm

i would, but i already have a hunt for sun, and mon, (self guided) set up for some prvt. farms near sikeston/dexter area. one day, they are everywhere, the next they are somewhere random, like in a bare dirt plowed feild, (that has virtually no grain left in it) instead of a lush green wheat feild or corn or beans or anything! but then, the next day, they are dive bombing you and your actually shooting in self defense instead of hunting... BIRDS IN GENERAL, ESPECIALLY GEESE, ARE SO COMPLICATED TO PREDICT!!!
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby oktakem » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

What guide service? One guide I won't use he never "showed" my buddy anything! Except taking his money. May be able to fill in for you. If some one else takes it that's fine. Not a problem since I can't commit until tomorrow. I have to contact a buddy to see if he would be able to go. In St. Louis, yes everyone is going nuts about the snow???? I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon. Can't until then. Feel free to PM me. Anyway appreciate you offering this to others on here.
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby Websterfred » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

PM sent on your hunt. Hit me back.
Websterfred
Newb

Postby BigMuddy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 pm

oktakem wrote:What guide service? One guide I won't use he never "showed" my buddy anything! Except taking his money. May be able to fill in for you. If some one else takes it that's fine. .

Yeah you gotta watch who guides for you ! My friends who do or did usally had a no shoot, no charge policy . Not sure how it works these days , thankfully all my guided hunts were free !--- :biggrin: -- I learned a lot from them and I still keep in touch with them ; but we never talk bussiness , mainly because I know I can't afford it !-- :no:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby semohunter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:54 am

All PMS returned, its neu outdoors, had amaxing experiences with these guys, always put us on birds and the guides are awesome
semohunter
hunter

Postby semohunter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:57 am

oktakem wrote:What guide service? One guide I won't use he never "showed" my buddy anything! Except taking his money. May be able to fill in for you. If some one else takes it that's fine. Not a problem since I can't commit until tomorrow. I have to contact a buddy to see if he would be able to go. In St. Louis, yes everyone is going nuts about the snow???? I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon. Can't until then. Feel free to PM me. Anyway appreciate you offering this to others on here.

I thought this would be the best place to check, my friends are too cheap to pay to go lol I'd like to try and set something like this up for next year with semo guys from dhc, maybe even a fishing trip this summer if I can get some interest in it
semohunter
hunter

Postby oktakem » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 pm

I will have to bow out. My buddies are unable to go. Just tried to find 1 other! The rest of my group isn't interested in snow goose hunting. I have no idea why?! It's fun. If you try to put a group together for next year keep me in mind please. After years of success doing it on my own I had to give up. The guides that show up where the birds are have too good of equipment it seems. Can't compete with 500 full bodies and 2 or 3 $1000 sound systems. I know when to give up. Thanks again for posting this though.
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby semohunter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

oktakem wrote:I will have to bow out. My buddies are unable to go. Just tried to find 1 other! The rest of my group isn't interested in snow goose hunting. I have no idea why?! It's fun. If you try to put a group together for next year keep me in mind please. After years of success doing it on my own I had to give up. The guides that show up where the birds are have too good of equipment it seems. Can't compete with 500 full bodies and 2 or 3 $1000 sound systems. I know when to give up. Thanks again for posting this though.

not a problem, i love snow goose hunting, i just ran into some problems, I will definitely keep you in mind i plan on talking to the guide when i get there tomrrow about setting something up for next year. a years notice can surely get enough people to go and not back out lol is there anyone that can help me out here?
semohunter
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:10 pm

oktakem wrote: The guides that show up where the birds are have too good of equipment it seems. Can't compete with 500 full bodies and 2 or 3 $1000 sound systems. I know when to give up. Thanks again for posting this though.

---- :lol: ---Yeah I allmost did a Duck Comander on those sound systems , got tired of the sound of 10,000 snows honking in my ear at 10,000 watts . We might try and have a get togather a few times this year (Read Above at top ) allready suggested was a May 19th 2013 get togather and I'd say a Febuary 19th 2014 may be a wise choise for a snow goose hunt ! --Get R' Done !
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby semohunter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Anyone interested? Help me out guys itd be greatly appreciated.
semohunter
hunter

Postby semohunter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Got one spot left, anyone interested
semohunter
hunter

Postby oktakem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:58 am

What if we got at least 10 of us together and we each brought our 100 best decoys and our sound systems? What do you think of 1000 full bodies, shells and 10 sound systems? I'm kinda jokin but it would be pretty awesome! I have one buddy that would go next year. If it was around this weekend we'd be in. The last time I hunted snows at Otter (and was harrassed by the agent) the guys hunting the private ground about 1 1/2 miles away were blasting their sound system like it was in my ears! They were also blasting snows all morning! Have to be on private ground though. Then again we could all get together and do a guided hunt like semohunter asked. I'd like to meet some of the people I converse with on here.
oktakem
hunter

Postby semohunter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm the same way....i have Goren permission to hunt on private land inn duckseason when snows were on wheat fields just Gotta all the owners are usually happy to let you kill em. Well try to get some guys together and work something out
semohunter
hunter

Postby oktakem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 am

How did you do yesterday? Smack em all? We used to have ground to hunt almost exactly midway between Duck Creek and Otter Slough up til about 10 years ago. It was really good for snows. The one end was rice and ducks were easy. Anyway the owner died and we had to move on. Lot of good private ground to hunt down there, getting permission was another thing. We lucked out since it was our babysitters families property. The had sold it but relatives lived next door still and he was kind enough to let us hunt there whenever we wanted. Knocked on other doors since and for the most part have been rudely told no!
oktakem
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:44 pm

oktakem wrote:How did you do yesterday? Smack em all? We used to have ground to hunt almost exactly midway between Duck Creek and Otter Slough up til about 10 years ago. It was really good for snows. The one end was rice and ducks were easy. Anyway the owner died and we had to move on. Lot of good private ground to hunt down there, getting permission was another thing. We lucked out since it was our babysitters families property. The had sold it but relatives lived next door still and he was kind enough to let us hunt there whenever we wanted. Knocked on other doors since and for the most part have been rudely told no!

Yea, most farmers in the area figured out that too many people are willing to pay and the free days are over. Plus, some would abuse the privilege and make a mess of the property they were so fortunate to get to hunt for free.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby oktakem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Tommy wouldn't take a dime from us. We tried. Offered to help around the property, painting, cutting wood etc. Nope, he liked doing that stuff said it kept him young! He was old school and a handshake is all he wanted. When he knew we were coming he would have chili or ham and beans waiting for us at lunchtime. Just a really good person.
oktakem
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting