Lease info

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Lease info

Postby sehunter1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Myself and several hunting buddies have all decided to commit extra funds to a lease for next season. Problem is none of us have leased, nor know any farmers that do. We are in the bootheel and lookin to stay in Scott, bollinger, cape, or stoddard counties. For the right place we would take mississippi or butler. We have money to spend but as first timers we want to do it as cheaply as possibly just in case it's an experience we hate. I've tried google searches and trolling craigslist but can't find much more than outfitters. If anybody can point us in the right direction or recommend a farmer I'd really appreciate it. Also anybody know an average price for that region? Thanks alot y'all.
sehunter1
hunter

Re: Lease info

Postby sehunter1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 pm

P.S. Any info on flooded timber and cypress sloughs would be particularly awesome as it is my favorite type of hunt.
sehunter1
hunter

Re: Lease info

Postby talltimber » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 am

You're gonna have a hard time with the woods or cypress brakes/sloughs.
Do you not know anyone with a lease? I'd ask them. If they're farmer doesn't have another spot, he might know someone. Get with boom-boom if he stills comes in here. He may know of something.
talltimber
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting