Never Fails...

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Never Fails...

Postby baseball_guy_99 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:00 pm

My wife and I moved to the St. Charles area back in August. All winter I saw a few geese and every once in a while some ducks.

That is until this evening...I stood on our porch for 30 minutes and watched thousands upon thousands of ducks migrating. I assume it's because of the storm that is supposed to be rolling in.

Sorry for the bad pictures all I had was my cell phone.
Attachments
photo (3).JPG
photo (2).JPG
photo (1).JPG
baseball_guy_99
hunter

Re: Never Fails...

Postby MrFixIt » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Im also in St. Charles and saw it too. Went to get the mail about 4pm and saw group upon group for about 5 minutes.
MrFixIt
Newb

Postby Weston81 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 am

Left work yesterday and as I was driving down 370 you could see thousands heading south.
Weston81
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Well all you can do is open up a cold bud and watch the show !- :beer: -I still practise identifying different ducks , see many Pintails ? -- :biggrin:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby baseball_guy_99 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:37 am

We live not to far off of 370 over in New Town.

I would guesstimate that 75% of them were mallards and the other 25% were mixed. We have a lot of redheads that were on the big lake.

There were 2 pintail sittin on the little pond near our place.
baseball_guy_99
hunter

Postby Weston81 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 am

I almost pulled over off on Truman, they were swarming that new pond that was just built. I couldn't look too much because I was driving but I would agree that there were a ton of mallards.
Weston81
hunter

Postby Weston81 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 am

I almost pulled over off on Truman, they were swarming that new pond that was just built with the park. I couldn't look too much because I was driving but I would agree that there were a ton of mallards.
Weston81
hunter

Postby learn2hide » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 am

you'll see the longer you live here...the birds absolutely pour into the bottoms at times, it's an awesome show everytime...glad you got to see it, welcome to town!
death and judgement provided at no charge to all incoming waterfowl
learn2hide
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 am

Something I havn't seen in years is a Canvasback ! I know a few years ago they were very low numbers of them and they banned shooting them for a couple of years . Nice seeing them and other drakes in their Spring plumage ! Imagine about now most are paired up and heading to breeding grounds , lets hope for another record hatch !-- :thumbsup:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby baseball_guy_99 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Now to just find someplace to hunt. It's too far of a drive to home in Southern Illinois every time I want to hunt.
baseball_guy_99
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:51 pm

baseball_guy_99 wrote:Now to just find someplace to hunt. It's too far of a drive to home in Southern Illinois every time I want to hunt.

Where is home at in s.illinois?
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 am

baseball_guy_99 wrote:Now to just find someplace to hunt. It's too far of a drive to home in Southern Illinois every time I want to hunt.

Are you still able to have a firearm in the great state of Illinoise?? :sad:
2Longgone
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:04 pm

2Longgone wrote:

Are you still able to have a firearm in the great state of Illinoise?? :sad:

yea but it had better not be concealed.Heaven help them if they lower the crime rate in east st.louis or chicago.The officials would probably start passing out guns to the gangs to raise the crime rate back up..That way they could keep getting all the federal fundings to fight crime(line their nests with more like it ). :huh:
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby baseball_guy_99 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:46 pm

I call Percy, IL home. It's about 10 mins from Pyramid State Park.
baseball_guy_99
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:58 am

Yeah swamp who'd think that more honest law binding citizens need protection the more they want to take it away ? I don't allways carry , but I don't think I'd want to live in a state or city that didn't allow it anymore.
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 pm

BigMuddy wrote:Yeah swamp who'd think that more honest law binding citizens need protection the more they want to take it away ? I don't allways carry , but I don't think I'd want to live in a state or city that didn't allow it anymore.

Look what happen in austrailia when they banned all privately owned guns .The crime rate went up 800 to a 1000 percent.It gave a new meaning to the saying crime doesn't pay ,UNLESS GOVERNMENT TAKES YOUR GUNS AWAY.iF THEY DO IT WOULD DEFINATELY PAY GOOD THEN
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 am

swampcrawler wrote:
BigMuddy wrote:Yeah swamp who'd think that more honest law binding citizens need protection the more they want to take it away ? I don't allways carry , but I don't think I'd want to live in a state or city that didn't allow it anymore.

Look what happen in austrailia when they banned all privately owned guns .The crime rate went up 800 to a 1000 percent.It gave a new meaning to the saying crime doesn't pay ,UNLESS GOVERNMENT TAKES YOUR GUNS AWAY.iF THEY DO IT WOULD DEFINATELY PAY GOOD THEN

Let me state first that I do not support a gun ban, but you have to watch what stats you use to support stuff. While certain rates may have gone up and used alone look very bad, they may be of statistical insignificance because of other factors. See the two links below. Anyways, I'm already looking forward to making it down there again next fall. Maybe I can get down there for some fishing sometime this spring or summer. I'll give you a call Pat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/08/02/did-gun-control-work-in-australia/

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm

mjcraig15 wrote:
swampcrawler wrote:

Let me state first that I do not support a gun ban, but you have to watch what stats you use to support stuff. While certain rates may have gone up and used alone look very bad, they may be of statistical insignificance because of other factors. See the two links below. Anyways, I'm already looking forward to making it down there again next fall. Maybe I can get down there for some fishing sometime this spring or summer. I'll give you a call Pat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/08/02/did-gun-control-work-in-australia/

Mark, Mark, Mark.... Don't confuse us with the facts. 800 to 1000% sounds so much better and really drives home the point. :yes:

Meanwhile in Colorado they are about to outlaw shotguns http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/3/colorado-bill-would-ban-standard-shotgun/. I'm sure that is Obama's fault too.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby mjcraig15 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:39 am

870shooter wrote:
mjcraig15 wrote:
swampcrawler wrote:

Mark, Mark, Mark.... Don't confuse us with the facts. 800 to 1000% sounds so much better and really drives home the point. :yes:

Meanwhile in Colorado they are about to outlaw shotguns http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/3/colorado-bill-would-ban-standard-shotgun/. I'm sure that is Obama's fault too.

Sounds like their legislator has been smoking a little too much of the legal herb there. :lol3: :beer:

Anyway they better watch out or there will be a revolt against the state government there. Exactly the reason we have the right to bear arms. To prevent the Govt from getting too much power.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:51 am

[quote="

Anyway they better watch out or there will be a revolt against the state government there. Exactly the reason we have the right to bear arms. To prevent the Govt from getting too much power.[/quote]

So many people don't know that ! Its what dictators like Hitler did to disarm the public . I'm not a Prepper but I could see some of them saying " I told you So !", I'm just I'm waiting for Jesus to return .-- :hi:
BigMuddy
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting