Quick Draw update!

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Re: Quick Draw update!

Postby Cliner » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:55 pm

i_willie12 wrote:
BlackFoot777 wrote:I think it should be 100% QD. That way we wouldn't have to wait three hours to go through the stupid pill process. That way you might get out there before 8. Just sayin.

Theres plenty of time to get out.... If people wouldnt take 15 mins to pick a spot!!!!!!! Grandpass was trying to come up with a 5 minute rule.. But boss wouldnt let them Still 5 minutes is to dang long to pick a spot! :mad:
Getting out before day light was never a problem before the QD stuff!!!

Isn't that unbelievable how long it takes people to pick their spot? If you hunt at a place enough, you will probably know what spots are going to be available at whatever pill you draw. Unfortunately, everyone seems to need a map drawn for them on where to go.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:14 am

Heck now you get pill 20 back you just as well go to town and eat or take a nap in the truck for about 1.5 hours :no:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:26 pm

i_willie12 wrote:Heck now you get pill 20 back you just as well go to town and eat or take a nap in the truck for about 1.5 hours :no:

When I hunt the ADA blind at GP: We will check in at the draw, go to Marshall and eat at McDonalds, come back and be set up in the blind ready to go and people are still going over the levee to Pools 5 and 6 at shooting light. It's just dumb how long it takes to draw there.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Cliner wrote:
i_willie12 wrote:Heck now you get pill 20 back you just as well go to town and eat or take a nap in the truck for about 1.5 hours :no:

When I hunt the ADA blind at GP: We will check in at the draw, go to Marshall and eat at McDonalds, come back and be set up in the blind ready to go and people are still going over the levee to Pools 5 and 6 at shooting light. It's just dumb how long it takes to draw there.

People are either just stupid or just don't care!! What I do is say I draw pill 15 I go to the board and pick what I think are the top 15 spots. When I get to the window I take what I think will be the best out of what is left!! IT AINT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!! :fingerhead: :no:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Bad enough the high pill numbers get the worst spot but then we get an hr or more less time to hunt. they need a 90 second timer. last year I was at GP and I knew I was going to be in 6 but I still had to wait 15 minuted for the party next to us to pick their spot. I asked why not let us go since I am in 6 anyway and there were 12 spots in 6 after us and he made us wait there till the other group of morons finally picked a spot. didnt get set up till 7:30. Also why in the hell do 125 guys that are not going to hunt still have to endure a safety meeting and hunting reports and run down on spots when they wond be hunting the property that day anyway, pull first then at least the guys that wont get into the duck park have a chance to salvage their trip elsewhere.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Normmcclean wrote:Bad enough the high pill numbers get the worst spot but then we get an hr or more less time to hunt. they need a 90 second timer. last year I was at GP and I knew I was going to be in 6 but I still had to wait 15 minuted for the party next to us to pick their spot. I asked why not let us go since I am in 6 anyway and there were 12 spots in 6 after us and he made us wait there till the other group of morons finally picked a spot. didnt get set up till 7:30. Also why in the hell do 125 guys that are not going to hunt still have to endure a safety meeting and hunting reports and run down on spots when they wond be hunting the property that day anyway, pull first then at least the guys that wont get into the duck park have a chance to salvage their trip elsewhere.

Right on Norm!! I always wondered why the heck they did that!!
BigAL64
hunter

Postby talltimber » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Add it to the "stupid" list, if there's room to do that.
talltimber
hunter

Postby MOduckMOfun » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Normmcclean wrote:Bad enough the high pill numbers get the worst spot but then we get an hr or more less time to hunt. they need a 90 second timer. last year I was at GP and I knew I was going to be in 6 but I still had to wait 15 minuted for the party next to us to pick their spot. I asked why not let us go since I am in 6 anyway and there were 12 spots in 6 after us and he made us wait there till the other group of morons finally picked a spot. didnt get set up till 7:30. Also why in the hell do 125 guys that are not going to hunt still have to endure a safety meeting and hunting reports and run down on spots when they wond be hunting the property that day anyway, pull first then at least the guys that wont get into the duck park have a chance to salvage their trip elsewhere.

I agree. But unfortunately, the real problem isn't the hunting report or safety meeting. That generally only lasts 3-5 minutes. It's the guys that hmm and haw all day and need somebody to hold their hand.
MOduckMOfun
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting