Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pigeons For training

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  summit20 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy some pigeons (or other game birds) for some dog training around KC. I am also happy to try and trap some if anyone has a barn or area they would let me place a pigeon trap. Have had little luck online trying to secure some in the area. Much appreciated if anyone can direct me to a place, or has an area they would allow some pigeons to be trapped. I don't need many as I am just trying to train one dog. :help:

Feel free to PM me if any suggestions.

#3 ·
Sent message immediately, but I bet he is already out of them. I have been looking there for awhile and you have found the first sighting. :thumbsup: Many already trying to get the ad removed! :hammer: Did you try to buy some from the add? I am still looking for a place to leave a trap for the night. If you happen to run across anymore adds like the previous i greatly appreciate the info! Happy to do the same.

#4 ·
No i get mine from Branson... Dad and Bro are down there when he goes to get some he buys for me as well.. KC is too far away for me to drive to buy $5 birds! Fuel is to damn high :mad:

#5 ·
I agree with the gas prices. I also followed your link in that post and was able to locate another opportunity up by ST Joe for about the same and look like he had more birds. I am hoping between the two to get a few birds until I can find or locate someone who will allow me to trap my own. My pup is needing some birds as we begin to introduce to some frozen birds, and then a clipped live bird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.